Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

patch 2.0 disabled almost every useful mod

Patch 2.0 disabled almost every useful mod. I am just glad that I don't play a buffing class. Every person I know in game is very upset about it... well, those that didn't cancel.

I am just biding my time to Warhammer Online.

Comments

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200

Alot of people are complaning about this. You know, this ISN'T Blizzard's fault. They didn't make the mods. Its the job of the UI mod makers to update their programs now. And holy crap, give them some time to do that.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    Oh no they disabled the mods that play the game for me. Oh no!

Come on, decursive and the likes are not supposed to work, and I'm glad they finally disabled them. Even if I have used them for a long time.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by urbanmech
    Alot of people are complaning about this. You know, this ISN'T Blizzard's fault. They didn't make the mods. Its the job of the UI mod makers to update their programs now. And holy crap, give them some time to do that.
    Exactly.

People are just dumb, and try to find reasons to bitch about Blizzard.

Like the new LFG Interface.

If people stopped bitching about it, and actually started USING it, it would be a hell of a lot more useful.

Groovy.

• zeedaamzeedaam Member Posts: 145
    I cancelled, but it WAY before this.
  • haudvicushaudvicus Member Posts: 176

When BC was pushed back from November to January, I let my account lapse. No need to explain that decision.

However, to those that use mods and try out the new ones: You may be taking a serious risk for convenience. Yes, I'm crazy. I'm not defending that...ever, but seriously. Please be careful about what you download. Because really, without you and your total lack of maturity, well, WoW just wouldn't be WoW. image

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    Funny... few days after the patch and I already have every mod back up and installed that I had before 2.0.

Quit whining.

• PhoenixCubPhoenixCub Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by theratmonkey
    Originally posted by urbanmech
    Exactly.

People are just dumb, and try to find reasons to bitch about Blizzard.

Like the new LFG Interface.

If people stopped bitching about it, and actually started USING it, it would be a hell of a lot more useful.

the new LFG Interface is crap, how the hell can i use it? wheres the Option to choose to raid a City, or go attack Southshore, or even help newbies do there low level Runs, no where? my point we need the Local LFG Channel back, because LFG Interface does not have everything people need

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    they just took away mods, doesnt mean u cancle ur subscription..

btw if u go to curse gaming u can get new mods that do work with it

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

When I played I never used mods at all.  Yes my pally could actually cleanse effectively in MC without one.  Mods tend to spoil you or make you a "lazy" player.  I found the existing ingame UI and macros to be more than adequate to play with.  Plus on patch days, I could immediately play when I logged in instead of "omg all my mods don't work how can I play?" complaints from my guildies. 

I quit for reasons not realted to mods however.  More like I was getting fed up with World of Raidcraft.  image

• LeasaLeasa Member Posts: 449

Originally posted by DrowNoble

When I played I never used mods at all.  Yes my pally could actually cleanse effectively in MC without one.  Mods tend to spoil you or make you a "lazy" player.  I found the existing ingame UI and macros to be more than adequate to play with.  Plus on patch days, I could immediately play when I logged in instead of "omg all my mods don't work how can I play?" complaints from my guildies. 
    I quit for reasons not realted to mods however.  More like I was getting fed up with World of Raidcraft.  image

I wish more gamers were like you.  Play the game the way it was designed or don't play it.

Support Bacteria, its the only culture some people have.

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279
    I've barely touched WoW since 2.0.  Got some of my mods working again with some slight changes but it's just not the same.  Starting to get a bit of the bordom with the game right now though too.  Not all mods are for laziness.  Auctioneer for example is great for helping to buy/sell competetively.  You keep yourself from buying stuff for too much or trying under or oversell things.  And there is NO WAY you could do what Auctioneer does manually.  The only other two major mods I like are all in 1 inventory (keeps things easier to organize in my inv) and waypoint.  I'm still flabergasted to this day how blizz has not put ANY kind of waypoint system in the game.
  • ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by Leasa
    Originally posted by DrowNoble
    When I played I never used mods at all. Yes my pally could actually cleanse effectively in MC without one. Mods tend to spoil you or make you a "lazy" player. I found the existing ingame UI and macros to be more than adequate to play with. Plus on patch days, I could immediately play when I logged in instead of "omg all my mods don't work how can I play?" complaints from my guildies.
    I quit for reasons not realted to mods however. More like I was getting fed up with World of Raidcraft. image
    I wish more gamers were like you. Play the game the way it was designed or don't play it.

Seeing as the UI was developed to be moddable, I'd say those using mods are playing the way it was designed.

And frankly, the hotbars are clunky. I prefer a minimal interface, which is what I have. No stupid griff heads taking up space, no menu/bags, zilch, zip, nada.

• xiaozhuxiaozhu Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by linuxgamer
    Patch 2.0 disabled almost every useful mod. I am just glad that I don't play a buffing class. Every person I know in game is very upset about it... well, those that didn't cancel.

I am just biding my time to Warhammer Online.

maybe you should quit whining. the mods are back up on www.curse-gaming.com, and you can get most of your mods from that area, so why are you giving yourself a stupid reason to quit? and i'll just let you know one thing, if you quit, your actually missing one of the greatest moments in WoW's history, because the Burning Crusade is already launching and some countries have already gotten hold of it. Despite the unfairness that we do not start the Expansion together, we will still be able to work together. So if your just hoping to get into Warhammer Online now, I wish you the best of luck ........................ to go to hell.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    The expansion hasn't launched yet..

• sheeshsheesh Member Posts: 330
     How long have you been playing for? This happens with EVERY patch that has come out so far. Just wait untill the author updates.... Kinda silly to cancel your account over that.
  • linuxgamerlinuxgamer Member Posts: 126

Played WoW since release. 2.0 patch disabled many important mods that I used with my several level 60's. Those mods are not being remade. Many of the mod creaters quit playing WoW and are no longer keeping their mods up-to-date. Blizzard disabled mods that had vital function to my play style. GypsyMod is no longer being made. Rogue specific mods are gone and cannot be redone, due to code being disabled. Healing and buff mods have been killed, due to code being changed. Blizzard does not want you to be able to auto-buff. This list goes on and on and is a problem because it is so late in the game. Ya, I got all my mods from Curse Gaming.

This almost reminds me of SWG. They even revamped all talents for all classes. Some people like the changes, some people are asking for classic WoW servers. It sucks when you pay for a game for years, then one day they decide (poof) let's change everything.

Do you like those new arenas that most of the time you join and the teams are not even balanced? 2v5 1v2 probably buggy, but that was my experience.

• xiaozhuxiaozhu Member Posts: 26

Do you like those new arenas that most of the time you join and the teams are not even balanced? 2v5 1v2 probably buggy, but that was my experience.

It's not a bug that has caused the arenas to be unbalanced. Simply common sense, it's a trick of joining arenas WHEN there really ARE people joining. I'm guessing that you join arenas during periods where people are not playing the arenas, therefore it does not put you up with the appropriate amount of players on each side.

Besides, I don't care if the horde are like 10 and alliance are 5 on wsg, my warrior still whoops their asses the same. Their so easy to kill yet it takes like 4 of them to take me down. Kind of pathetic, besides, having several 60's isn't the point of bring pro, it's to have several 60's WITH GOOD EQ AND SKILL.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

My view on this has always been and always will be, if you can't play the game without mods then you've got no idea what your doing.

I played a lvl 60 Priestess for over a year, right through to tier 2 raid armor and had a full trans set. Not once did I use the dumb ass priest mods like bene, cast or whatever. I was easily known as one of the best healers at end game on my server and come patch days when every single priest was running around trying to get their mods to work, I'd be healing away just as well as ever.

I'm not against mods, blizzard allows it and thus it's part of the game but I can't help but laugh now at all the priests, mages, locks that running harping how they can't heal/cure/dps anymore without "insert mod name here". Which IMHO, means they couldn't do so in the first place or at least not very well.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by shae
    My view on this has always been and always will be, if you can't play the game without mods then you've got no idea what your doing. I played a lvl 60 Priestess for over a year, right through to tier 2 raid armor and had a full trans set. Not once did I use the dumb ass priest mods like bene, cast or whatever. I was easily known as one of the best healers at end game on my server and come patch days when every single priest was running around trying to get their mods to work, I'd be healing away just as well as ever. I'm not against mods, blizzard allows it and thus it's part of the game but I can't help but laugh now at all the priests, mages, locks that running harping how they can't heal/cure/dps anymore without "insert mod name here". Which IMHO, means they couldn't do so in the first place or at least not very well.
    Agreed to a point.

I don't see the point in having a bunch of different mods for certain things you can do on your own. ( Buffing, attacking etc. whatever) But I do like to have a Healing mod for my Shaman to make it easier when I have to heal.

Groovy.

• samanthaxsamanthax Member Posts: 46
    hi., i'm samantha a newbie., can someone help me?? how can i get this WOW game?? thnks...

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by samanthax
    hi., i'm samantha a newbie., can someone help me?? how can i get this WOW game?? thnks...

Err, buy the game, install, play the game??

• dadowndadown Member UncommonPosts: 210

Originally posted by sheesh
     How long have you been playing for? This happens with EVERY patch that has come out so far. Just wait untill the author updates.... Kinda silly to cancel your account over that.

You obviously don't understand the difference between mods that just need updating (like Lua 5.1 language changes) and mods whose functionality has been blocked by the new protected function garbage.  As a mod author, I worked on updating, but found that half of my mods had been messed up by protected functions.  I was already getting tired of blizzard putting more restriction on mod functinality with each patch and this was the last straw, so I've quit playing.

PS. For those of you that think the BC expansion is great, I've tried it and Jewelcrafting is one of the few NEW features.  Most of it is just more of the same type of stuff that is already in the game.  I was hoping for more really new features like player housing, player run stores, etc. image

Originally posted by shae
    My view on this has always been and always will be, if you can't play the game without mods then you've got no idea what your doing.
    Can and won't are two different things. I can play the game without my wonderful mods or I won't. The fact that they allowed these mods that we used for almost 2 years, then had them taken away is rediculas. It would have been better if they had never allowed any mods in the first place. It's SWG all over again.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

It's SWG all over again.

Right ... Blizzard's fundamentally changed the game, like SOE did with the NGE.

Blizzard only removed the ability for particular mods that played the game for you, such as Decursive. Mods aren't intended to make decisions for you, but to enhance the UI or provide particular information.

Blizzard has never gaurenteed, nor set the expectation, that mods will be supported.

Besides, as most players have discovered, some mods have been replaced with macros. I've discovered one that eases the 'pain' of decursing and healing in group/raid environments. With some patience, I'm sure you can find a macro to replace your lost mod.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

Originally posted by IcoGames
    It's SWG all over again.

Right ... Blizzard's fundamentally changed the game, like SOE did with the NGE.

Blizzard also revamped the talents. Why are people on the WoW forums asking for classic servers?