Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Icons for screenshots, screenshots not clickable

CorbredusCorbredus Member Posts: 6
The title of this post says it all, all i see are boxes where the screenshots should be... on every game on this website, anyone, anyone at all, got a clue as to why this might be? It's been like that for me for as long as i can remember on this site and i've posted asking for help and never gotten any before... i'll try again, please, if someone had this issue and sorted it out, can you help me?

Comments

• CorbredusCorbredus Member Posts: 6
    First off, the new look of the website is outstanding... but i still don't see any clickable icons for screenshots image Is anybody else experiencing difficulties in this reguard? come to think of it, does anyone who doesn't have a technical problem on the site even come to this forum? Do moderators read these posts at all?
  • skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Yes.  We read the forums, and I will be making sure I reply to every issue in regard to site functionality, layout, and design.

As for your report, what browser are you using?  This is the first report of such an issue, so more details are needed.  Also, the obligatory: have you tried clearing your cache, restarting browser and all that sort of stuff?

I use IE 7, fully updated, yes, i regularly clear my cache.

fyi, not that it's totally relivant, but i have many years experience using pc's (about 30, been using them since i was 8 or so) and can't figure out what the issue is (therefore it's probably something incredibly stupid and simple and right in front of my face, like a version of popup blocking software or somesuch). Speaking of which, i am behind a router, G-Net NAT to be specific and i use Norton internet security along with the built in features of IE 7's popup blocker. Could any of these things be causing the issue?

If you can help with this, i'd really appreciate it, as your site is one of the better ones out there for game reviews etc

Thanks for the reply,

Sincerely, Corbredus.

Do you have javascript's blocked?  The screenshots use a script to fade
    them in and out when hovered?  This might be causing the problem.

Did
    you look at the source for the page?  Are the images listed there?  The
    screenshots should be shortly after "<div class="screenshots">"
    in the source.
  • lightpowerlightpower Member Posts: 17

i have also been having this problem for a long time , works on one computer but not this one, im really annoyed about it image
    on this pc i'm also using a router linksys, i'm starting to believe this is the problem lol.

No, javascripting is enabled ( my browser security is set to defaults ), view source produces a blank page.
    Ok, so i fixed the problem myself... and i was right, it was something incredibly stupid, i simply right clicked my browser's toolbar and put a checkmark next to Norton Internet Security 2006 and a tool appeared which allowed me to uncheck "block ads on this site" and "block popups on this site". This cleared the issue and now i can revel in the glorious screenies to my delight once again image
    Sweet.

• CorpocesCorpoces Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Oh man! Im ready through this and ready to reply that I been having the same problem for months before the new site here. Then I read that post about rt clicking the toolbar and BAM! Now I can see the SS too!
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

I would like to take this moment to express just how much I hate Norton products

We have this "ad blocker" problem (and since when does ad blocking fall under the scope of a firewall/security application?) - and we also have the problem with Norton 2006 tampering with our page headers to take out the part that lets browsers know we use page compression - resulting in our site looking like garbled junk.

Sad that 75% of PC makers ship that trash pre-installed on PCs...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Originally posted by Admin

I would like to take this moment to express just how much I hate Norton products
    We have this "ad blocker" problem (and since when does ad blocking fall under the scope of a firewall/security application?) - and we also have the problem with Norton 2006 tampering with our page headers to take out the part that lets browsers know we use page compression - resulting in our site looking like garbled junk.
    Sad that 75% of PC makers ship that trash pre-installed on PCs...
    Aye! I second that thought!  Total rubbish.  Too bad too, back in the dos days Norton was good stuff (pre symantic).
  • MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Originally posted by skywisenight
    Originally posted by Admin I would like to take this moment to express just how much I hate Norton products image
    Sad that 75% of PC makers ship that trash pre-installed on PCs...image
    Aye! I second that thought! Total rubbish. Too bad too, back in the dos days Norton was good stuff (pre symantic).

It's never been good stuff - Norton's products have always been crap. Well, I'll make an exception for Ghost - but that's the sole excpetion, mind you.