Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What made you quit WoW?

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Boring as hell quests.. the whole game is about questing and all of them were.. go kill x rats/bears/dogs etc.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

"Been there, done that."

That was the dominant feeling playing that game. Good game, very polished, great entry-level MMO for people new to the genre. But it didn't do much for me at all. Played it for 1 month on release. Tried it again about 6 months ago, and couldn't get past 3 weeks.

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716

Basically the 'community' put me off for a bit, being forced to 'allow' a complete jackarse into my guild again after kicking forced the 'him or me' issue..

BTW: Anyone thats 'quit due to boring quests' I kinda think thats your first MMO, correct? As WoW quests are kinda the MMO norm..

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by Kremlik
    BTW: Anyone thats 'quit due to boring quests' I kinda think thats your first MMO, correct? As WoW quests are kinda the MMO norm..

They're a watered down form of the MMO norm. They are basic, and usually trite, and incredibly unimaginative.

For any MMO veteran, almost all of WoW is unimaginative. It's well-done, highly polished...but mostly unimaginative.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Raiding and it got boring.

When you are required to raid 5+ days for 4+ do have the best gear then the game gets boring. And by the time you get it what is it useful for PvP? There just isn't a point really.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

isn't stv more like 30-38ish?
    Think i went up to 44 there, and then after that there is Tanaris. (45-50)
  • JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

Originally posted by Kremlik

WoW was actually my 5th MMORPG, but thanks for assuming rather than asking. My first game was DAoC and you didn't quest at all, which is what I prefer, because why kill x amount of y for 10 items if you can instead join a group and camp a spot for a few hours and gain levels that way. DAoC did have it's kill tasks, but the important quests were Epic, spanning the entire length of lvl 5-50. The end game quests were Epic as well and required 2-4 groups, which were easily obtainable and usually planned in advance, and rewarded people with special permanent abilities. Now WoW quests are the norm, but that doesn't make them good. I am the type that thinks that a Developer shouldn't bother writing quests if they don't want to make them Epic in nature. That is essentially what most of us grew up thinking quests were...Epic in nature. Also, finishing an Epic quest usually makes a person a hero, and in a MMORPG where everyone is a hero, it is no fun. So I prefer a sandbox model where becoming a hero depends on realistic measures, such as gaining the respect of other players by being skillful and honorable.

So before you assume, try to think of the bigger picture and read up on what other MMORPG's have done and succeeded with.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• shezombshezomb Member Posts: 65
    I quit because I found that it wasn't something I wanted to pay for :P it was just about as social an experience for me as playing NwN ... yes I'm taking single player here though in NwN i didn't get nearly as many people that wanted to gank me cos I was a n00b

Do I hate WoW? no, quuite the opposite.. After all, it keeps all the nasty l33t kiddies away from the games I like ;)

*hugs from lil me*

*Brain down for upgrade, don't try to understand my logic, I don't...*

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    1: Lack of depth to the gameplay.  It turned into nothing but grinding for money/faction or Raiding.  Just wasnt fun.
    2: The Community.  One of the most rude communities I have ever come across in 12 or so years of mmo gaming.
    3: Loot whores.

I originally quit about 4 months or so after launch.  Then went back after the NGE destroyed SWG thinking it mustve just been the server I was on.  Nope :P.  Went from a pvp server to a pve server and found it was just as bad if not worse.  Tried an RP server but it was even worse than the other two so I just cancelled happily and will never return.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    I found the end of the world.  It is ontop of Iron Forge.  I quit cause when I showed Blizzard the End of the World in a Screenshot, they banned me for a week cause I was "exploiting a bug"; but all I did was jump.

• kordrialkordrial Member Posts: 160

i quit when i realized that WoW was all the same, and it would never change... they released a new patch every 2 weeks you say? what is that? the main focas of these patches was to balance each classes talents? the talents that were supposed to be balanced IN BETA?! >.<

WoW pulled the rug from under everybody's feet with that one, and nobody realized...

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

Originally posted by kordrial
    i quit when i realized that WoW was all the same, and it would never change... they released a new patch every 2 weeks you say? what is that? the main focas of these patches was to balance each classes talents? the talents that were supposed to be balanced IN BETA?! >.<   WoW pulled the rug from under everybody's feet with that one, and nobody realized...
    Talents didnt come until late Beta, infact Hunters were put in the game very shortly before Open Beta goes to show what kind of time schedule they were on. What was immediately on that list goals was providing a means to PVP. So they did that, and now people want more endgame content, so they do that, now people want balanced talents, and they work on it.

Blizz arent that bad, look at SoE with SWG, there were classes that were openly bugged from beta until NGE and SoE didnt fix.

Im no fanboi, but I give Blizz credit where its due.

---

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by damian7
    Originally posted by Randd
    I only played Wow for like 10 days. It was a fresh server, only up for like 2 weeks before i joined it. Once i got the message that i would have to wait in quoue for 1:15 to get into the game i cancelled the account and uninstalled the game. I honestly dont know how people pay for wow and accept the fact that servers are small and it might take hours to get into game at peak time. 
    excellent point.

Except the most i've ever had to wait to get into a server was 10 minutes, peak time. [A full server too, Burning Blade].

• Zerocool009Zerocool009 Member Posts: 4

I played WoW from closed beta, open beta, and release and for over a year after release. I had a 45 Orc hunter first (realized they sucked... this was back then btw) and made a Night Elf warrior and got him to 60. Joined several guilds along the way but finally settled for one with two of my RL friends in it. I was an MS warrior... so i got no loot love in big raids and everyone seems to backstab each other for items even if it is a minor upgrade for them. This was the first MMORPG that i have paid for... even though i have played many other free ones (though they were not quite as massive or were on a private server).

In the end I was pissed because all the other loot whore warriors and even other classes that joined after me had better items than me because i was not willing to backstab some of my friends to get them or invest countless hours to unlock faction epics. I went through lots of shit cause of WoW... whatever social life i had...*poof* gone and well i wasted a good portion of my life being angry... and now i need something to do... new MMO anyone?? image

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    I seriously dont understand y people make these stupid post, i mean are you retarded or sumthing? , this is like the 50th one of these made. If your curious why people quit, read one of the other one's,or just go to the WoW forum section, cause its more bashing then it is players discussing stuff about the game they enjoy. I dont know why anyone would want to hear a bunch of babies crying how somthing in the game didnt go the exact way they wanted so they quit 5 min after they started playing.

I still play WoW
    Name:Chappu
    Class:Rogue
    Server: SkullCrusher
    Proud of it.

• my mother has requested i post she quit because she had no way to do 6-8 hr raids to get armor about a million times before getting enough points to bid for a piece of armor that might not drop for another million times... of course the various imbalances and pigeon holding of the community of a shaman being a healer or nothing also pissed her off beyopnd reason... and behold a troll has entered our midst... I won't say anymore for i would start a flame war and that's just childish  though i will say i haven't seen a single whining post besides your own...
  • JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D
    I seriously dont understand y people make these stupid post, i mean are you retarded or sumthing? , this is like the 50th one of these made. If your curious why people quit, read one of the other one's,or just go to the WoW forum section, cause its more bashing then it is players discussing stuff about the game they enjoy. I dont know why anyone would want to hear a bunch of babies crying how somthing in the game didnt go the exact way they wanted so they quit 5 min after they started playing.

I still play WoW
    Name:Chappu
    Class:Rogue
    Server: SkullCrusher
    Proud of it.

What is more stupid, the person making the post or the stupid person who posts to complain about someone complaining about a game. This thread is constructive and I don't remember seeing an exact same topic made anytime recently. You do know that you could have ignored the thread completely right?

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365

Whats even more stupid than that is the person complaining about the person who did the complaining in the first place, about the game.

So basically your saying i shouldnt do what you just didimage

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    lol you write all to much about it even the one whos here for bitchin :D
    the topics does not deserve so much attention^^

why i quit?
    repetitive boredom
    +no fun playing 6-8h on a row for staying competitive

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• kordrialkordrial Member Posts: 160

Originally posted by godpuppet

Originally posted by kordrial

i quit when i realized that WoW was all the same, and it would never change... they released a new patch every 2 weeks you say? what is that? the main focas of these patches was to balance each classes talents? the talents that were supposed to be balanced IN BETA?! >.<

WoW pulled the rug from under everybody's feet with that one, and nobody realized...

Talents didnt come until late Beta, infact Hunters were put in the game very shortly before Open Beta goes to show what kind of time schedule they were on. What was immediately on that list goals was providing a means to PVP. So they did that, and now people want more endgame content, so they do that, now people want balanced talents, and they work on it.

Blizz arent that bad, look at SoE with SWG, there were classes that were openly bugged from beta until NGE and SoE didnt fix.

Im no fanboi, but I give Blizz credit where its due.

haha if you compare SWG to ANYTHING i've gotta turn the arguement over to you, SWG is exceptionally terrible, any game is godly when put next to it...

that being said they were working on talents from 1.6 w/ warriors on, which is an insanely long time to perfect anything that came into the game in beta, i don't care if it was late, it opened the flood gates without paving the canals, and to that extent, they failed.

That being said, let's say SWG and WoW were being done by the same, competant company, which would be easier to balance? 9 classes? or 33? image

I give credit where it's due too, WoW, out of any game probably has the most stable gameplay, reliable and solid PvP, PvE, etc. etc. (there aree problems when you point out it's repetitive/boring, that's an opinion though and holds little water next to facts) and overall, is a very steady game, but after playing it for a while, it never went anywhere! that's why i left, and i'm holdin' on to it image

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

When they killed Outdoor PVP with those BS battlegrounds and the 'Honor System' which was a complete freaking joke.. Add that to the fact that I quickly got tired of the Mindless Endgame instance runs over and over and over for the slight possibility at the chance that the Boss might drop something for my class and then that I MIGHT win it after the 15th time through the instance. Thats if someone didn't Ninja it first.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• KaaninKaanin Member Posts: 2
    I left because of the grindfest and honor system. it was a blast, but theres no support for casual players. Plus the lack of skill needed to play the game, when it comes to WoW (Time Played > Skill), No matter how good I was it came down to who had the most time to play the game and earn 1337 gear.

• GoSonicsGoSonics Member Posts: 167
    I left after getting tired of doing the same raids all the time. Nax felt the same as all the rest to me. Along with that, the guild that I had been in changed servers and I didn't want to leave other friends on the server, but over time my friends stopped playing and I eventually just quit.

• BumLifeBumLife Member Posts: 65
    It felt like a single player game with a large chat channel.
  • zazoiezazoie Member Posts: 25
    I soloed to 60.  I even worked for Blizzard.  I loved WoW...still do but Im a crafter and a person who loves to collect and display stuff in my MMO's and WoW has zero to offer a old-school crafter and Treasure Hunter...zero! So my 60 is still active but never played...hum might be a good time to sell it lolimage
This discussion has been closed.