Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 MMOWTF Awards

2»

Comments

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

Worst Graphics:  Dark and Light
    Least Fun:  SWG
    Most Desolate :  SWG
    Worst Use of a Popular IP or License:  SWG
    Most Shameless Developer :  SOE

Most Likely to be Cancelled in 2007:  Dark and Light
    Biggest Stinker:  SWG

Love, Sodapop

• albinofreakalbinofreak Member Posts: 449
    I hate to do it, but I'm gonna have to go with SWG and SOE for all the categories. They gave me a grudge against them that I dont think is going anywhere
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Meddle As you may have noticed the entire site has been rolled back almost a week.  Our database server crashed this morning along with our backup process.  The latest backups we had were from the 8th-11th.  Luckily we were able to get the features back but all of the forum data, user registrations, hype and rating counts etc were lost from the 8th onward.  Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

And my precious ranking drop to 92!  Haaaaaaa!  My soooooo very precious ranking....my precious!  image

As to the awards...there is only 1 award I really care about giving.

Most shameless devs:  Brad and Sigil,  See, these guys are evil or something.  SoE, I understand them, they want my money.  These, I dunno, they feel like they enjoy pissing players for the fun of it.  I always imagine Brad been extremely excited and happy when a player is having a hard time; especially raiding.  I have no problem with challenges and difficulties, as long as they are related with the gameplay, when you start using FOREIGN gameplay to shaft groupers, you go way too far.  You have to stop such nasty behavior; raiding should affect raiders only;  not groupers and certainly not making the best groupers.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

in every catagory SWG

the worst game worst developers

worst customer service

worst use of a I.P.

• ZenoLocZenoLoc Member UncommonPosts: 71

Worst Graphics:  Roma Victor

Most Desolate
    :  SWG

Most Shameless Developer
    :  SWG Dev Team

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Booo we have to revote? wtf :)

Worst Graphics: WoW

Least Fun : SWG NGE

Most Desolate : SWG NGE

Worst Use of a popular IP or License : SWGNGE

Most shameless deverloper : SWG's dev team at SOE

Most Likely to be canceled in 2007 : SWG

Biggest Stinker : SWG

• SionedSioned Member UncommonPosts: 135

Worst Graphics:  Flyff
    Most Desolate :  SWG

Most Shameless Developer :  SWG Developers and so SOE

Most Likely to be Cancelled in 2007:  SWG Hopefully

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Worst Graphics: SWG

Least Fun: SWG

Most Desolate : SWG

Worst Use of a Popular IP or License: SWG

Most Shameless Developer : SOE

Most Likely to be Cancelled in 2007: SWG

Biggest Stinker: SWG

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• TaguritTagurit Member Posts: 309
    This is hilarious.  It doesn't matter how many times we have to vote---the results will always be the sameimage

• indiindi Member UncommonPosts: 149

Worst Graphics: Roma Victory

Least Fun:  Roma Victory

Most Desolate :  Dark and Light

Worst Use of a Popular IP or License:  The Matrix Online

Most Shameless Developer :  SOE

Most Likely to be Cancelled in 2007:  Roma Victory

Biggest Stinker:  SWG NGE

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

Worst Graphics: Dark and Light

Least Fun:  Dark and Light

Most Shameless Developer :  NPCube (developers of Dark and Light)

Biggest Stinker:  Dark and Light (can't even get the thing to work for more then 5 minutes .. )

• herennowherennow Member UncommonPosts: 70

Worst Graphics: WoW? No really I'd have to say MxO as an example of what could have been- they would have been great except for lag, syncing, locking n pixellating issues which were worse in live than they were in beta

Least Fun:  SWG- (best community yet though)

Most Desolate : 2nd: MxO 2 weeks after launch. 1st: Auto assault- which was a shame as I thought this had potential

Worst Use of a Popular IP or License:  SWG- for a while i'd cringe at the sound of the music that was a happy backdrop to my childhood!

Most Shameless Developer :  SOE (souls of evil)

Most Likely to be Cancelled in 2007:  Auto assault

Biggest Stinker:  SWG in all its reincarnations. it wasn't the game that needed 'fixing' but the lack of content- eejit devs!!

• noretreatnoretreat Member UncommonPosts: 4
    While I share the disdain of SOE shown here Im really suprised David Bowman and Horizons isnt getting more attention here.

• badjoe74badjoe74 Member Posts: 1

I only copy and paste from earlier posts....

Couldn´t agree more.

Worst Graphics:   SWG (NGE)  (If u compare to pre-cu and watch the animations that is)

Least Fun:   SWG (NGE)

Most Desolate:   SWG (NGE)

Worst Use of a Popular IP or Licence:   SWG (NGE) 

Most Shameless Developer:   SOE (The developers that made NGE.  I can´t in my wildest dreams think that the original team would slaughter the game like that)

Most Likely to be Canceled in 2007:   SWG (NGE)

Biggest Stinker:   SWG (NGE) 

Has anyone seen any article in the press about the SOE scam? I mean there must be some computer magazine that would be brave enough to do a big article about how bad this company treats their customers?!

Please let me know if there is... I´m tired of reading everywhere "how good this NGE is" and bla bla bla...

• drc166drc166 Member Posts: 3

Worst Graphics:  Everquest 2 (Personal opinion. Everything else that is bad is free so not going to vote)

Most Desolate :  Dark and light, does anyone actually play this????

Worst Use of a Popular IP or License:  SWG. there's too much to say. major points: 1) they exploited the star wars fan base. Simple logic states: a world in star wars = cool, a world in other lame worlds = uncool, even azeroth = not as cool as star wars. loyal fans will keep coming back at each expansion cause they really want this game to be good, this is not a license for SOE to print money. 2) They got rid of the best an most innovative parts in favour of a wow clone which was bad enough but for any exiting players that didn't actually wan to become a jedi... oh dear they forgot you.

Most Shameless Developer :  SOE. even though this industry is a clone war. The NGE is the most unashamed clone of WOW possible, and it's not as good haha

Most Likely to be Cancelled in 2007:  Dark and light, does anyone actually play this???

• IthurielIthuriel Member CommonPosts: 179
    I don't even need to see the categories to know that SWG-NGE or Dark and Light win every single one of them.  I've heard miserable things about games like Archlord, DDO, RF Online, etc, but no matter what their faults I'm sure they can't compete, and having never played them I'll be fair and just continue to complain about what I know.
  • mylin1mylin1 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Worst Graphics:  DD online - even on the highest setting they look drab and horrid

Least Fun: 
    Ryzom - i cant get into digging at the ground for 10 hours to find goo

Most Desolate
    Everyquest2 - just because this already had  a huge market from EQ1 yet they managed to loose most of their player base.

Worst Use of a Popular IP or License: 
    DD online - you get more team work from npc's than your party members

Most Shameless Developer
    Dark and Light - I put SoE's choices down to being really stupid /grin

Biggest Stinker: 
    Dungeons and Dragons online

• LytaLyta Member Posts: 12

Worst Graphics:  Dark and light. (thoose voting swg here, do keep in mind that it was released years before todays games, and at its time was quite exellent for an mmo =) )

Least Fun:  Archlord

Most Shameless Developer :  SOE (can they NOT win that award? >.< )

Biggest Stinker:  SWG post NGE

• ivan50265ivan50265 Member Posts: 67

Worst Graphics: Dark & Light

Least Fun: SWG(NGE)

Most Desolate: SWG(NGE)

Worst use of IP or License: SWG

Shamless Developer: NP Cube (Dark & Light) even SOE doesn't lose your billing info.

Most Likely to be cancelled: Dark & Light

Biggest Stinker: Vanguard Saga of Heros