Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major hacking on Mu

KountZEROKountZERO Member Posts: 7

Latvian hacking crew is claiming responsibilty for hacking the dbase and have posted around 4000 id's n passes on the official forum >< So far no response from Webzen and no sign of the posts being removed.

KountZERO MuHQ admin (3500+ members)
Proud to be a member of the ZeN gaming clan

KountZERO
Proud to be a member of the ZeN gaming clan

Comments

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283
    UGGHHH hackers, always trying to do something bad just cause they suck at the game.....well mu is a tight game but its hard to level at the begining!!!! UNLESS YOU THE KING OF ALL!!!!imageimageimage

Big Baller

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 62
    Yeah no kidding, reason why I quit that game was because it was extremly hard to level in the beginning, so I lost intrest... =

• SamusSamus Member Posts: 4

hackers on MU are really a problem but, they should just follow runescape's example, they have an abuse report system, 3 reports- warning 5- actions closely monitored 9- ban 10- IP ban

• PureHatredPureHatred Member UncommonPosts: 37
    No, MU just needs a total wipe and security upgrade. Their community sucks, people always getting hacked, and people always scamming. I say make everyone start over, lol.

Only those that enjoy Life live it.

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    great idea wipe everythin, security upgrade  and restart beta in my opinion it was released too uick it seems they didnt think much about the hackers ;/image

U MaKe A SoUnD IlL C u!

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by PureHatred
    No, MU just needs a total wipe and security upgrade. Their community sucks, people always getting hacked, and people always scamming. I say make everyone start over, lol.

There is only one game that has a worse community than Mu has, it has been mentioned in this thread already too. (Use your heads) Not only do they need a wipe to rebuild better security, but they need to wipe and totally fix the game.

I completely hated Mu. I made it to lvl 40 somehow... don't ask how I stayed on the game for that long, must have been the better than decent graphix and lots possible weapons and armors..... Then...... I started getting into the ghosts, stupid ghosts..... I needed 3-5mil to upgrade my armors to be able to fight the ghosts when I had just spent 2.5mil on an upgrade to fight the Cyclops', wich took me about a week to save up.

Nobody in that games knows how to sell worth a crap, it's probly due to scammers as you mentioned making the up and coming players think that those items are actually worth that much when they aren't. A game's Dev team should know something is wrong when players are chargin 1mil more for an armor w/ only 1 more defense upgrade and the 1 defense upgrade really doesn't have any noticable effect in combat what-so-ever.

[/end rant]

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    believe it or not i actually made it too level 70 somehow altho i stopped playing the game a long time ago cause i was hacked wat a waste of time image

U MaKe A SoUnD IlL C u!

• scooby202scooby202 Member Posts: 5
    I really enjoyed the game in the beginning, I started playing it right when open beta was released. I played off and on, and now it is unbearable. Can't lvl, and I was always poor. So I quit it like 3 weeks ago. Hackers always finds way to ruin games, but hopefully they'll solve the problem, cause it's a great game.
  • SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by scooby202
    I really enjoyed the game in the beginning, I started playing it right when open beta was released. I played off and on, and now it is unbearable. Can't lvl, and I was always poor. So I quit it like 3 weeks ago. Hackers always finds way to ruin games, but hopefully they'll solve the problem, cause it's a great game.

It's a horrible game.

THERE ISN'T A SINGLE SKILL IN THE ENTIRE GAME!
    THERE ISN'T A SINGLE QUEST IN THE ENTIRE GAME!

It's a load of crap. LoL

Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 26%
    Explorer 20%

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • NoVaGameRNoVaGameR Member Posts: 47
    It is just necessary to do all and with whom to vary and pass game itself! Not to whom to not trust! As I!

Just One Word Freedom !!!

Just One Word Freedom !!!

• McygeeMcygee Member Posts: 76

A)  Leveling in the beginning was not hard unless your a newb to MMORPG's altogether.
    B) It's a pretty fun game.
    C) Yes true there is a lot of hacking.

"Getting it is easy. Filling it with illegal substances and sending accross the border is not."
    -Ignignokt

---Playing---
    Asheron's Call

• NecRo297NecRo297 Member Posts: 3

I agree with Mcygee, I like the game alot and alot of hacking.

BTW

what EXACLY is hacking??image  lol

• X-GogetaX-Gogeta Member Posts: 21

There were quests at the 0.94 version

but at the 0.97f they deleted the golden archer who gave quests.
    But at the 0.97f you can do quests at the priest in davias (next to the weapon merchent)

The only problem is.......YOU NEED LVL 200 TO BEGIN A QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The just sux, the only way to enjoy it is to play with private server. There you at least can be lvl 200 in 3 days....

greetzzz X-Gogeta

-

Nobody is perfect, i'm nobody........

If you finished the quests you could be from:

Dark Knight------->Blade Knight
    Elf-----------------> Muse Elf
    Dark Wizard------>Soul Master

But they were reaaaalll hard to find!

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
    yeah well, one of the only way to level up is to get a nice party, and kill powerful monsters, the game is really buggy and some mystakes but can be fun somehow, but the thing is that the global mu, the international one is not even looked at, they just come release patch and go away for another year, istead the korean mu wich is at a higher upgrade is really watched, they keep helping ppl in there looking at them and giving them new stuffs is really irritating

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

• AnnoyerAnnoyer Member Posts: 3
    imagei think MU should do what Helbreath does, if u abuse any account, u geta fine of $9.95 and also they should ban thier IP from using the game again.image

Andrew a.k.a. Annoyer

m/ O_O m/

\m/ o_O \m/ <--- Rock Out!!!

They just made one version with no bugs, and then they don't do a shit with it. They may upgrade the site (they did), then it will etract more ppl

But somehow WebZen allways knows how to screw up the whole game.

-

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
    man webzen sucks, the game has potential but tehy have screwed over every time they can, a new patch is out it seems, but the site is colapsin cuz of the ppl not being able to get in, plus the site only gets updated every 1398472394 years or so, instead the korean game is always up to date plus the site is constantly upadted with news and thigns i hate webzen

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

• IphicratesIphicrates Member Posts: 56
    image They have fixed some hacking with the security patch, but has ruined many!imageI bow to you if you may help us who have had no hacking, yet is a victim of this security patch. They haven't sent the password to many, so we are ruined. It is all those dumb hackers fault!

I Play MMORPGs as a living.

Mu online

Vampires Online?

COUNTER-STRIKE PWNZ!