Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trial

2»

Comments

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Since you arn't being an ass this time I will answer.

They never said all the skils would be in on release. Only thing they said they would have on release they wern't were animals and new boards.

They did not have the new boards because files got screwed up and they had to revert back to a later point. animals wern't in because of the lag they caused and they had issues. Sure were were dissapointed but in the end it was a good thing they wern't in because of all the lag issues they were having.
  • JetJonJetJon Member Posts: 31

as far as promised features its all in now.

animals were not actualy delayed, they were in at relase, it was found that they had some major bugs that were not found durring Beta. look up "the great bear hunt" for some examples.

new lands were not in at release because there was file coruption i nthe files for them. they were withheld.

now though, we have a 30x30. animals (yes the freaking spawns are placed they were a week ago) we have containers, which was a major issue, and will probbably have another land expantion within 6 months.

oh, and what makes you think i Payed for this game?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by JetJon
    as far as promised features its all in now.animals were not actualy delayed, they were in at relase, it was found that they had some major bugs that were not found durring Beta. look up "the great bear hunt" for some examples.new lands were not in at release because there was file coruption i nthe files for them. they were withheld.
    now though, we have a 30x30. animals (yes the freaking spawns are placed they were a week ago) we have containers, which was a major issue, and will probbably have another land expantion within 6 months.
    oh, and what makes you think i Payed for this game?

From your other thread:"The game is, I think, 19.99 GBP to buy, and free for life to play.You can buy in game money (Sesterics), but you get a stash of them when you start and for me that amount is all I have had to buy."

So, you paid money, or you're a liar. Which is it?

• max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Virtus

Whats your face above me: I believe all the objects that they said would be in are now in not 100% sure though.

Well lets be fair much of what was promised was never placed in.We were promised a graphics engine that be on par with today's graphics and what we got is something that is not 2-4 years older but at least 5 years+.Pretty much an EQ1 launch look in 1999.

Here is a quote from someone on RV forum .

"What happened to all the other skills... ailments, tonics, divination, invocation, blessing, cursing, hunting, tracking, trapping, hiding, sneaking, grooming, tattoos, music, bees, livestock, silkworms, animal handling, animal taming, etc etc etc??? "

And thats a short list of things too.

I can fully understand the remaining fans trying to get people to join their product espically as time passes the game seems more and more empty.

But would it not be better to push the developers to bring the game to at least a beta standard first?Surely the more you try to spray paint the game to hide the rust,the more annoyed people you will see post bad things on this game when tey finally decide to part with their money to discover the truth.

Your fight should be with the developers to bring up the game standard.Not with unhappy customers.

you seem to be good at quoting people without putting in links or crediting the poster. Show me a link.

• max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Virtus
    you seem to be good at quoting people without putting in links or crediting the poster. Show me a link.

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewtopic.php?t=18257

There you go image

Not that you needed it since you are a veteran of this game and you know this features listed have not been implemented .So why you still needed the link to the RV forum topic i have zero idea.But there it is.

I think we are getting off topic but it doesn't seem like the MMORPG staff give a crap IMHO.

Noone ever said that all those were going to be in release, he is just complaining that they are not in.

Remind me of hte topic again so that I can argue a but better.

• kmilnerkmilner Member Posts: 35
    The topic was "Why isn't there a beta?". The general concensus seems to be essentially "Because the game doesn't become fun until you've been playing a while"
    Gotta say that kind of reasoning doesn't exactly make we want to hop on over and spend 30 dollars of my somewhat limited income on a chance I'll enjoy it later.
  • BronoBrono Member Posts: 1

To the one that asked why arent we fighting our devs to get them to work harder.

we are, we whip them for every second they spend not working on roma victor image

Brono
    Barbarian Warrior
    Roma Victor.

• EiaeEiae Member Posts: 61

I'd like to just be able to log in and get a feel of the game. I am not going to buy the game just to be able to do that.

Anyway, I am aversed to the whole idea of a game where you can buy success regardless of skills or persistancy. I fail to see the point, basically. Pity, cause I'd love to play a good historical game.