Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control systems...

AlrealAlreal Member Posts: 20

I have read several reviews for FFXI and all made mention of the games control system so whilst waiting for my copy to wing its way across the atlantic I bought a USB PS2 controller converter thingamyjig.

After Installing, registering, installing and registering and then patching I finally made it into the game and found the GUI to be very difficult to adapt to, a lot of things felt counter intuitive, the camera mis-behaved and it was pretty frustrating.

I closed down, plugged in my PS2 controller (Played with the set-up a little) and restarted.

Wow.

The game felt natural and the controls worked like a dream, camera suddenly made sense and the menus were easy to navigate.

Anyhow now that i am comfortable running around I shall try and actually play the game instead of fighting the control system, if anyone out there is using kb & mouse switch to a gamepad now!

Comments

• EykeEyke Member Posts: 60

i been meaning to get one of these and try it out, but i have no problem with the keybored(i don't use the mouse..its worthless and slow)

but i plan on trying it

• Willa2Willa2 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    I only need a keyboard..image

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I don't use the mouse at all it gets in the way and with the default controls it is easy for me to just ust two hands on the keyboard. I have also heard that if you just switch the keyboard/mouse controls to compact setting it works really good.

• Talsami2Talsami2 Member Posts: 7

I just used my Wireless Keyboard layed back in my bed and played.

I only used my mouse realy to browse the AH and look at that I couldnt afford image.

Dang RDMs costed a lot, but kicked butt image.