Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzom will continue their activity normally!

KapazoKapazo Member UncommonPosts: 107

Tuesday,05 December , 2006 at 19:00 UTC

"As you may already know, there was a hearing at the commerce tribunal today about the future of Nevrax. The discussion was short and went as expected.

As a number of serious take over offers had been officially presented, the court decided that we continue our activity normally until Ryzom is passed over to its new owner.

The name of the prospective buyers are still secret, however we should be able to tell you more between December the 12th and the 19th."

Comments

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141
    thank god for that, now im waiting for the takeover to be completly then il be back on the game. thanks for the heads upimage

• kwongmanlungkwongmanlung Member Posts: 1

Ok, Holding breath for another week.  Still sounds positive.  This game
    finally broke my 4 year addiction to my previous MMO and I"ll be
    heartbroken if my new home is shutdown.

-kwong

• KryogenicKryogenic Member Posts: 663

I just started getting into this game because of the freeness factor.

I hope they don't start charging again, but I'm afraid they will.

I'm gonna end up subscribing though, I think.

I'm still on the island and I'm hooked. I've been wailing and moaning about wanting a skill based, sandbox game and it's been there all along.

I beta tested this game and wasn't impressed, but now I'd much rather play this than WoW, EQ2, EVE, and many other MMOs.

its a great game albeit the mining is a problem, apart from that i would want to subscribe and play the full game, the only limit is invisble walls and that damn camera.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887
    you mean the fact that while the game looks 3d it is infact 2
    dimensional?.  It doesn't allow you to jump or fall off ledges
    etc.  You can appear to be 50 feet below someone but you have to
    take a ramp down to it. Its not very realistic but its a limitation of
    the engine.

Thats why you have 'walls'.  If it was 3d you wouldnt need those walls to stop you falling off ledges.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

duh? english?

• AetherfangAetherfang Member Posts: 18

Actually ytou are fairly sadly mistaken, things may have been "kinda" like that at some point, I doubt it, but w/e

Either way, it DOES have a z axis, you simply cannot jump or fall, it is fully 3 dimensional, you can walk up and down hils, over under and around, all thre dimensions are present, if something looks 50 feet below me, it has ALWAYS been 50 feet below me, it it looks above me it is ....actually above me, if there was no Z axis then creatures 50 feet above me, but right ABOVE me, would be able to hit me....het they can't....I honestly have no idea what game you are refering to.......and if you still think the engine is not 3d, set your max and min view distance to 1000 you can zoom through and away so far that you can get a truely unique picture of how 3d the engine truely is......

nicely put i agree 100%

• PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

Very good news, I just wish Seed was given that chance.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Originally posted by Zuba
    nicely put i agree 100%
    Faboi elite.. Heres your cookie/medal. feel better? Still doesn't make
    ryzom any better if you say its good it doesn't mean it is good just
    means your delusional.

I beta tested this game for 6
    months... i know what the engine is like it's not something you can fix
    easily... considering they don;'t even develop NEL at Nevrax anymore...
    as its an open source engine.  Its flawed for true 3d.

Yes.. you can climb hills but you can't exist at the same point in
    space above and below.  If you do.... you will be on the exact
    same spot.  Try any of the tunnels north of Matis capital. 
    When i played there were lots of kippee there.  We went into an
    expedition down these tunnels and got attack by mobs 'beneath' and
    'above' us.  We couldn't see them there were 70m above us but
    there were killing us.

Why did this happen?  Because the
    game engine is 2d, we and the kipee appeared to be 70m appart but the
    x,y axis were the same and hence the kippee could freely attack us
    through walls and on the surface when we were under the ground. 
    Combine this with the fact you can't jump, and there are often invisble
    walls as the original poster i replied pointed out (often these walls
    are on boundaries but you can't seem to get past terrain that appears
    passable).  Hence the engine is 3d. 

If they have
    the old bug reports still open you'll probably be able to see my bug
    report for this...  if you don;t believe me.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• MelianiaMeliania Member Posts: 25
    Neas, without the first paragraph, your post would be taken much more seriously.  Resulting in name-calling and personal attacks will not enhance your credibility but hinder it.  Just some constructive criticism. image
  • MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627
    Purely on technical terms Neas may even be right. *shrug*
    But they fixed this bug it looong ago. Probably even thanks to his report.
    The engine behaviour he describes does not happen anymore, so why bother?image
    And, who knows. Maybe the new Owners will put in a "true" Z Axis.
    I´d be all for it. But I´m ok with it the way it is now to.

MaDSaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • Chidori30Chidori30 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by PegasusJF

Very good news, I just wish Seed was given that chance.

Seed was much more of a mess then this game.  I tried that game and it was horribly buggy and the crashes were insane ryzom is not comparible to seed in development aspects it actualy works where as seed was not even past the early beta stage really. 

~Q~

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Well, if you have any ideas or problems you see with the current engine, then why not support the Free Ryzom Campaign? They are one of the groups putting in serious offers to buyout the licenses for Ryzom, and even have gotten funding recently from the Free Software Foundation, because of their efforts.

If you want to be a part, why not give a little bit? Making Ryzom free for all, and developed by a communal essence is just what the game needs.

• AetherfangAetherfang Member Posts: 18
    Thnx.....but no thanks, why would a group of players owning it make my ideas any more likely to come to fruition, in the end it is still a small group of individuals making decisions, no matter what is suggested.
  • powerpuffgurpowerpuffgur Member Posts: 11
    Very true, one thing about this game that some might not realize is that it has a very active Euopean community, the French server is probably even more occupied than the american, I would like to see all servers merged into a multi language server, lots more to do i would imagine.
  • EggFteggEggFtegg Member Posts: 1,141
    I'm not sure merging and having 4 times as many players on one server would give us more to do. The chances of owning an outpost, finding a boss to fight or diggin from a supreme spot would all be 4 times as small. It may make it easier to find teams, but you wouldn't understand half of them.

• DarkCreedDarkCreed Member Posts: 88

Heh, she is probably used to playing Korean games where she can't understand anyone anyhow, plenty of those kinda games out there, heh. Either way, I cAN see the bonus of merging servers, but I definately see the language nbarrier as a problem, I just know my english speaking server needs more people........

and I am not even talking about cho.......

98% of the teenage population does or has accepted Marijauna propoganda. If you are one of the 2% that thinks for yourselves and has read any of the many scientific studies that prove cannabis is harmless then please paste this in your signiture.