Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Question

I have never experieced a MMORPG. I was thinking about trying out UO. Am I wasting my time? Everyone talks about UO like I missed the funeral.

Comments

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217
    It used to be a fantastic game, and technically it still is good (by comparison to 'new' MMORPGs). If you want to see what it's like, go and try the free trial, at least you'll know for sure then.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    If you have never played an MMOG before I would recommend going with World of Warcraft, there is a reason it's the most popular MMOG, the size of the other top MMOGs combined; it's got all the basics and it offers them fairly well.
  • MachoMMachoM Member Posts: 89
    I have to admit that UO is not very newbie friendly, but you WILL have a good time if you find a good guild that is willing to help you out, teach you the ropes and maybe some give you some funding to get off the ground.  Many people agree that it use to be such a great game.  I think it still is, but I do agree I miss the old version of UO.