Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do vets get a free trial?

AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258
Are thier buddy keys? Ways to get back in for free for a week or 2?

I want to test things out, I stopped playing a few months ago and would ONLY ever go back IF I had a FREE chance to check it out.

I will NEVER pay SOE beofre testing ANY of thier products EVER again, thus the need for the trial pass for vets.

Any ideas or answers that are helpful?

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    For you, the only way is the 14day trial by starting a new account.  Otherwise, hold out until they do another vet trial.

• lassiterlassiter Member Posts: 94
    go to the web site ther is a 14 day free trail.
  • AlboinAlboin Member Posts: 64
    ...which is not working either.

"cannot consume.. blahblahblah"

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656
    About this 14 day trial (which I am currently playing, am completely lost, and having a total blast! pardon the pun);

Is this trial the base game? Or does it include expansions? If I want to add SWG to my Station Access, I just need to purchase a box version and add in the account key?

Also, is there any way to get your ping ingame? I am trying to work out what is lag, and what is gfx (though it looks very pretty on maxed gfx image).

Got to say, so far, I'm pleasantly surprised, not being a sci-fi fan and all. But then, I don't have the pre-NGE-enema crap going on either.
    Is a fun, very different MMO for a first-time player, that's for sure.

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

Originally posted by Arremus
    About this 14 day trial (which I am currently playing, am completely lost, and having a total blast! pardon the pun);

Is this trial the base game? Or does it include expansions? If I want to add SWG to my Station Access, I just need to purchase a box version and add in the account key?

Also, is there any way to get your ping ingame? I am trying to work out what is lag, and what is gfx (though it looks very pretty on maxed gfx image).

Got to say, so far, I'm pleasantly surprised, not being a sci-fi fan and all. But then, I don't have the pre-NGE-enema crap going on either.
    Is a fun, very different MMO for a first-time player, that's for sure.

The trial is the base game plus JTL.  If you have a Station Access account, activating the trial on the account will bypass the trial and add it on for free (I'm not 100% on this, used to work a while ago).  You'd still need to get the expansions though, so teh best option would be to pick up the Complete pack from your games store and activating it on your account (don't use it to start a new account)

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656
    Ok thanks mate :)

And what's the usual length of downtime, and how often do the servers go down please?

(Holding back on asking 50,000 more questions haha)

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

Servers go down every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 4am PST for around 2 hours.  Patch days take 4-6hours of downtime and they won't always be on the usual down days (like today)