Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've always loved UO, but...

psydexpsydex Member Posts: 187

I've always loved UO, but I'm not very thrilled about UO:KR anymore. When it was first initially put out I was ecstatic. Devs said they'd answer all of our questions by end of year, new screenshots would be posted every week, updates every week, new website, etc. I thought to myself "Hmm, they're finally going to share with us and keep us a part of the community".

Since then, there has been a total of six screenshots, barely any news, no real updates. Devs are fantastically quiet on the boards. I think they really made a bad mistake by announcing UO:KR and then completely shutting down the flow of information to the community. It's the same old dev team, telling us "it's coming, it's coming, it's coming, it's coming". Just look at the PvP updates/patch they were supposed to release years ago now, and keep telling us "it's coming". It's getting to the point of where it reminds me of the guns n' roses chinese democracy album that was supposed to originally come out in 1999...and they keep saying "it's coming, it's coming". Axl + EA = The Iron Curtain.

Comments

• AshynAshyn Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by psydex

I've always loved UO, but I'm not very thrilled about UO:KR anymore. When it was first initially put out I was ecstatic. Devs said they'd answer all of our questions by end of year, new screenshots would be posted every week, updates every week, new website, etc. I thought to myself "Hmm, they're finally going to share with us and keep us a part of the community".
    Since then, there has been a total of six screenshots, barely any news, no real updates. Devs are fantastically quiet on the boards. I think they really made a bad mistake by announcing UO:KR and then completely shutting down the flow of information to the community. It's the same old dev team, telling us "it's coming, it's coming, it's coming, it's coming". Just look at the PvP updates/patch they were supposed to release years ago now, and keep telling us "it's coming". It's getting to the point of where it reminds me of the guns n' roses chinese democracy album that was supposed to originally come out in 1999...and they keep saying "it's coming, it's coming". Axl + EA = The Iron Curtain.

Understandable and you're probably not alone. Their track record hasn't been that great in the past either. UO2 was "coming, coming, coming." Trash can. Third Dawn was "coming, coming, coming." Trash can.  UOX was "coming, coming, coming." Need I say trash can?  I think some people are at the "believe it when I see it" stage on this one.

Carrot on a stick?

-Ashyn