Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Credits?

RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
I'm thinking of getting this game but I'm not sure what these "credits"
are that people keep talking about at the official boards...do you need
to pay real money for them, and what are they used for?

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

In the game, there is a special store called the chantra store. You can buy special items in there, such as buff potions. You have to pay for those with credits.

• Ake_GamerAke_Gamer Member Posts: 112

Under the present model which is in the final month, you received a set value of credits each month. People obtained more credits through the purchase of additional accounts or in game trading.

Beginning in Jan 4, we expect the Chantra shop to open for both bulk and microtransactions. That is to say that you might be able to get a chunk of credits for x dollars or get a single item for x cents. We are waiting on more intel from Codemasters as to how they will implement the Chantra shop.

The items that you buy with credits are enhancements for your character that are limited by duration or a number of uses. Some will increase xp rate for hunting. Others will eliminate the xp death penalty. Most just increase levelling efficiency while a few impact effectiveness in PvP.

Dec 20,1999: AC1(DT).Since then:DAoC,SB,AC2,L2,EvE,WoW,SoR
    ====================
    Currently playing: ArchLord - L58 Knight
    LoTRo - L13 Dwarf Guardian

• RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
    Hmmm...so would you still be able to keep up with other players if you dont buy ANYTHING? Or would you get way behind..?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Randycat
    Hmmm...so would you still be able to keep up with other players if you dont buy ANYTHING? Or would you get way behind..?

Yes, you will be able to keep up with other players. naturaly, those that do purchase credits will have some advantages, but you won't be miles behind. In fact, I hardly ever use the chantra store and I'm doing just fine. How many hours you put in the game is still much more important then how many credits you buy. Those who play 6 hours a day but don't buy any credits will be stronger then someone who plays 4 hours a day but DOES buy chantra items.
  • VanguardeVanguarde Member Posts: 198
    its soooo true