Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beta testing

iddmitriiddmitri Member UncommonPosts: 671
just wondering, anybody here currently testing DE? I've signed up for beta testing about 3-4 months ago still no response. image

∙name: EViLD0G
∙clan: [EXE]
∙playing: EQ, SIMS, AC, AC2, DAoC, FFXI, RS
∙planning: DnL, WoW

Comments

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    Well there's next beta phase soon. But iv'e been sign up for beta before even beta phase began and I haven't even been selected yet......imageimageimageimage

I want to cast magic missle.

http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/8bitdnd.html

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• xlightxlight Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by viet_boy33
    Well there's next beta phase soon. But iv'e been sign up for beta before even beta phase began and I haven't even been selected yet......imageimageimageimage

same here, i was hoping t obe in beta 5.0 was it? the stage that just opened that had "thousands" of testers but no such luck image

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831

Originally posted by xlight

Originally posted by viet_boy33

same here, i was hoping t obe in beta 5.0 was it? the stage that just opened that had "thousands" of testers but no such luck image

Yeah, apparently for Beta 0.5 they invited a few thousand people.  I really wanted to get in, but I'm not too dissapointed since there is really no gameplay options yet...no combat or anything, just server stability testing.  I also signed up awhile ago and am really hoping to get into beta 1.

• ViviFFIXViviFFIX Member Posts: 19

I've signed up for Beta testing too and got no such luckimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

You mabe able to tell I really want 2 Beta test image this is the first one i've signed up for and i really want to test!

Vivi

Well, you have a good chance of getting in when they start beta 1...so good luck.  You aren't really missing anything right now.  Since, like I said above, there aren't many gameplay options available in beta 0.5.

• I've signed up and requested to get in the closed beta. On the standard reply I got back they said they where in the end stages of alpha testing. Anyway I'm hoping to hear back soon.

• WarDragonWarDragon Member Posts: 5

I am really hoping to get in too as fast as possible

Already waiting 6 months image

Well I hope I get a shot in getting in with the contest of this site.

I am not sure off this but if u got in in beta 0.5, doesn't that mean u are in rest off the beta's too?

I am The Dragon of War.
    Leader of The Warlocks.
    Fisit us at www.clan-warlock.com

Originally posted by WarDragon

I am really hoping to get in too as fast as possible
    Already waiting 6 months image
    Well I hope I get a shot in getting in with the contest of this site.
    I am not sure off this but if u got in in beta 0.5, doesn't that mean u are in rest off the beta's too?

I am The Dragon of War.
    Leader of The Warlocks.
    Fisit us at www.clan-warlock.com

Correct.  Usually in any game if you get in an early phase of beta you are guaranteed a spot in all of the other phases.  However, there is always the possibility of them wiping the characters for a fresh start, which is necessary to the development of the game.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 516

I've expressed my concerns a number of times to Blackstudio(DE's gamebuilding team) about the pace of Beta testing and they have listened each time.

Everyone here should know that there is a total of 115,000 people signed up currently for beta testing.  ...No word if they've filtered out fake/cheater applications, but they have confirmed multiple times that EVERYONE who applied will be in Beta towards the end of Beta Testing.

There is about 5 stages of Beta expected to happen so far but that may break down into even more phases with more and more people being invited each time.

Beta-0 had 100 people or less.  Light combat (hack/slash)

Beta-0.5 was only a stress-test of re-tooled server code from Beta-0

Beta-1 (3,200 invites) is when actual content will, and ALREADY has been added into the game(Alpha-QA teams and Devs  currently are playing the game as we speak with functioning Mobs, Weapons, Skills, and economy funtions) 

--Also, beta-1 may have more than one phase, not for sure but always a possibility

As more phases come, sooner and sooner, Invites will jump from just a thousand, to thousands, to ten thousands, to tens of thousands. ...eventually to a hundred thousand and then some.  So your chances of being in Beta will soon increase exponentially over the coming months.

I've put forward an argument to the developers to grow the size of Beta by the largest increase they can manage as soon as all 3 PvP modes are in the game so that nearly everyone there and here can experience the core of this game's most unique innovation and contribution to the MMORPG genre.  This too I know they will consider if they haven't planned it as so already, and there's always a chance they'll agree with it.  I have no estimates on when either situation will happen but it is official that all PvP and Clan features will go into the game a ways before Stress Testing.  And stress testing I do have an estimate on which will be a few weeks before September.

So everyone take a breather, you'll be playing this game before ya know it image  And I look forward to meeting you all there.

(Personal note: I applied for Beta over a year ago However: No  I am not in Beta, I opted not to join in beta testing until late spring if all goes as I personally planned)

• IllarillionIllarillion Member Posts: 5

I've been waiting for nearly 2 years... and still no damned email about "getting an account for DE"...

• DirtyNaleDirtyNale Member Posts: 30
    Yea i signed up like 2 months ago and still no word from them about when the next phase is......imageimage

Dont get mad because your mom works the circut

"Dont get mad because your mom works the circut"
    -Paul Wortman

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558
    lol this is going to be like WOW. No one is going to get in for a long time. THen there will be a period of time when everyone is whing... lol... I am new to DE whats it suppose to be like?

Well it's nothing like WoW actually.

-WoW has NO dev-given time of release.  I've been a veteran of Blizzard's games for 10 years and they always hit the shelves quite a while after projected release

-DE has set several deadlines for when things were slated to happen and they have met most of those dates.

-WoW is just a fun silly little PvE based game.  It will be a great way to get newer players into the genre because it's a very shallow and easy to learn MMORPG with no unexpected risks or PvP.

-DE expands on the basis of MMORPGs by creating resource abundancies and deficiencies in various empires to create trading and expands the entire game off of PvP instead of PvE.  PvE is still plentiful for intermediate players, but PvP players will gain experience and wealth faster.

-WoW currently only has Duels.  They may or may not tack on more advanced modes of PvP but may only go as far as Colliseum Death Match style play.  No Faction-VS-Faction combat is planned yet. All combat zones are "instanced" meaning they act like a private server for every group that enters them. They think this will prevent fights and camping/loot hoarding between online groups.  This greatly limits large battles as a "group" may not exceed 5 players.

-DE has 3 different PvP modes that will all be playable within the "Beta2"(Beta1 is around the corner now which is phase-3, so expect all pvp and maybe 10K testers by phase 3 or 4).  The first mode is Role-Based: Traders, Outlaws, and Bounty Hunters.   The second mode is Blood-Circus: Humongous Deathmatches, Team-Deathmatches, CTF, King of the Hill, and possibly some "games"/competitions (no death penalties in Blood Circus).  The 3rd mode is City-Seige: up to 20 players per Clan fight for the rights to own a City, which they will expand, customize for greater Crafting from it's factories, and Tax all commerce in it to become a more wealthy and powerful clan.

-Blizzard Betas tend to be short because they never use them for balancing, only to find bugs and exploits, plus lots and lots of free fansite promotion.  They have very few new features not already present in other games, so less time is planned.

-CodeMasters Beta has run 6 months so far.  They discovered a Networking code problem and gave it a super-upgrade, all while testing end-Game PvP weapons and such. The Beta in total is planned to run 6 more months and will produce a finished product designed to make every part of the game have a direct affect on every other part of the game.

Hope that helps image

• ZedosZedos Member Posts: 3

Evil Calistas must love this thread ::::12::

i think the numbers all depend on how well the beta is going if all goes well in beta 1 we should all get in... in no time

(november 28th 01!!!!!)

time to take a visit to the Codemaster offices me thinks ::::17::

in time...in time... :)

p.s asking them via email and pms puts you right to the back of the queue
    so i wouldn't bother ::::27::

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Don't forget MMORPG.COM is currently holding a Beta Giveaway Contest for Dragon Empires! Make sure you sign up and you might be one of the very lucky people who wins one of 20 beta accounts. Gosh we spoil you guys... ::::02::

http://www.mmorpg.com/de_promo.cfm

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    [email protected]
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    I did but chances are very small so I hope to get chosen when Codemasters wil choose new testers themselves, this game rocks and I wanna betatest

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• TranceTrance Member Posts: 17

I signed up for DE Testing on day 1 almost like 3 years ago or how ever long it was.

Then my stupid AOL acct blocked all my DE posts and pulled me off the beta testing thing... never took the time to talk to Calistas about fixing that!

My only ticket to a closed beta now is give aways :x

~Trance

• DarksideDarkside Member Posts: 6

Yeah I'm with you guys- praying I can get in to beta. I've signed up for so many beta tests over the past few years and never got selected! Only open betas, of course! So I feel my time is due for this game!

Good luck

• yeyeman9yeyeman9 Member Posts: 31
    Does DE beta has NDA? Hope not, so anyone can talk about it. Also, I registered some months ago also, and still no response. I registered to MMORPG.com contest...wish I can get it from here. Also, good luck to ya all.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Dragon Empires is covered by a NDA. So those who win our Dragon Empires Beta Giveaway need to be good little beta testers. ::::20::

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -
    [email protected]

• yeyeman9yeyeman9 Member Posts: 31
    Allright hehe. Thanks for clearing that up man :).

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

I am a big great one image

nah if i don't win it here, i still have chances to be slected by codemasters themselves

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• bamzenbamzen Member Posts: 39
    I've been waiting for nearly 2 years now, but no hurry - as long as the game will be good and well balanced with plenty of content (please not another SWG) then it will be fine, beta or not, whats another 6 months :) But I would still love to get in beta! Who wouldn't? image

Explorer 73%
    Socializer 66%
    Achiever 33%
    Killer 26%

Dreamers can find their way by moonlight and their only punishment is that they see the dawn before the rest of the world

• tricontricon Member Posts: 141

This game looks cool! So when is Open Beta going to start? image

The Best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

It's looking a lot like Late-Summer, Tricon.

And since that's such warm weather, I'd like to remind everyone to make sure your 'rig' is staying nice an cool this summer.  Open the case and double check it on the hottest days because heat-crashes will ruin your gaming experience AND give Game Developers Voodoo Bug-reports that should not be happening thus their wasting time and resources.

The best way to test it is playing a 3D MMO with a lot of character models running around at once and if your system freezes after a certain period of time, you've got a heat problem.  Plz, Take care of it BEFORE you start Beta Testing, People.