Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Way To Make GW Better. Your opinion?

CryptoGodCryptoGod Member Posts: 1

First of all I want to make excuses for my English. English is not my native language.

Secondly, I understand that my suggestion can't be implemented in foreseeable future because it strikes game's program architecture and a game's conception. But while it's not realized thousands of players will abandon Guild Wars at the beginning of playing or in 1-3 months.

What for 'hardcore (in PvP sense) Guild Wars players' spend hundreds of hours in, for example, Heroes' Ascent? They want to get rank. But what will hardcore players do when they get rank twelve of thirteen? They will abandon or sell their Guild Wars accounts.
What for 'hardcore (in PvE sense) Guild Wars players' spend hundreds of hours in end-game dungeons? They want to get the best armor, weapon etc. But what will they do when they get it? They will abandon their accounts.

Yes, GW promotes choosing individual goal and achieving it. But the game is over when player achieves his goals.

There is NO LIFE in Guild Wars world. GW's community is only "GLF, LFG, WTS, WTB".

GW needs a 'permanent battery' that will keep up players' interest. The decision is simple, but it is beyond the game conception.
Guild Wars needs a Metagame, that will bring LIFE in GW's world.
I suggest creating "Uninstanced Continent". Common for all campaigns. With no instances and districts. Without any teleportation between towns. And seed the life there. Wars (not matches, but Wars, continuing 24/7), conflicts (not 'stfu, noob', but Conflicts), alliances (not just united chat, but Alliances) and Politics. And free PvP (not sport, but a way to solve conflicts, PvP filled with emotions) among hostile players/guilds/alliances/factions.

Players wish to express their temper, nature, disposition, not only PvP-skill and expensive armor. But there are no ways for this type of community in Guild Wars. But this type of community is a foregoing 'permanent battery'.

How to insert this Uninstanced Continent into a current game structure?
(players should be able to get this Continent only with their RolePlaying characters)
If player wants to get new skills for his RolePlaying character, this player can travel to one of the instanced continents, complete some quests there, earn required amount of skill points to buy skills or Signet Of Capture, hunt bosses to capture elite skills.
If player wants to renew or improve his armor or weapon, he can go to one of the instanced continents, farm required resources, craft armor, buy dyes, buy upgrades etc.
If player wants to earn some PvP-title, to get rank emote, player can travel to Battle Isles (by his RolePlaying or PvP Only Character) and compete in sporting PvP at Random Arenas, Team Arenas, Heroes' Ascent etc.

But when everything is done, or player wants to feel a life, to find some 'real' adventures or conflicts, he can travel to Uninstanced Continent.
(Character can be customized at every town of the continent, but this town won't be an instance. So players will customize their chatacters and form groups at the "territory of the towns")

Certainly, player should have some benefit of playing at uninstanced continent, but there will be no monsters, no quests (intanced continents shouldn't lose their relevance) - only in-game society and community, World War. Game developers can think out values, that would make players/guilds/alliances (on the one hand) wage war with other players and (on the other hand) cooperate with other players/guilds/alliances for months or even years (this War shouldn't become a free-for-all deathmatch).

There are many ways to make this continent popular and filled with players. One of the goal of this continent creation - it will throw together PvP's and PvE's values.

Death from PvP at Uninstanced Continent may cause something like lasting a long time death penalty. For example, this death penalty could be removed only by completing missions at instanced continents.

Life + War + Politics + Epos = "Permanent battery"

Best Regards,
CryptoGod

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    You want a completly different game.. you should look for a mmo.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by CryptoGod

First of all I want to make excuses for my English. English is not my native language.
    Secondly, I understand that my suggestion can't be implemented in foreseeable future because it strikes game's program architecture and a game's conception. But while it's not realized thousands of players will abandon Guild Wars at the beginning of playing or in 1-3 months.
    What for 'hardcore (in PvP sense) Guild Wars players' spend hundreds of hours in, for example, Heroes' Ascent? They want to get rank. But what will hardcore players do when they get rank twelve of thirteen? They will abandon or sell their Guild Wars accounts.
    What for 'hardcore (in PvE sense) Guild Wars players' spend hundreds of hours in end-game dungeons? They want to get the best armor, weapon etc. But what will they do when they get it? They will abandon their accounts.
    GW has no end goal. It's PVP all way out at eng game. If you don't like that, leave. Noone is gonna fight for anything else either. People play Counter Strike or DOTA or any other game because they like simple PVP action. GW is the only PVP game in RPG style that I like so far. Because it's not about items and time played.
    Yes, GW promotes choosing individual goal and achieving it. But the game is over when player achieves his goals.
    There is NO LIFE in Guild Wars world. GW's community is only "GLF, LFG, WTS, WTB".
    This should be a priority for the devs to fix. It's hard enough as it is finding a group when there are 100'ds of players spamming sales in the regular chat window. We need stuff like "auction houses", or "group channels" or even something more advanced like an entire "find-a-group interface!"
    I must say I hate going into GW nowadays and I dont know how much I can take. This needs a fix.
    GW needs a 'permanent battery' that will keep up players' interest. The decision is simple, but it is beyond the game conception.
    Guild Wars needs a Metagame, that will bring LIFE in GW's world.
    I suggest creating "Uninstanced Continent". Common for all campaigns. With no instances and districts. Without any teleportation between towns. And seed the life there. Wars (not matches, but Wars, continuing 24/7), conflicts (not 'stfu, noob', but Conflicts), alliances (not just united chat, but Alliances) and Politics. And free PvP (not sport, but a way to solve conflicts, PvP filled with emotions) among hostile players/guilds/alliances/factions.
    As much as I'd love to have a free open world I also understand it will never work in GW. This is not the game for you. If we want to keep GW free heavy stuff like that can't be added. It would be too big simply. Also we can't expect everyone to want theese changes. I must say I enjoy the system that is now anyway. If you have a nice guild with IRL friends it's alot more fun than grouping with random people or get ganked by rude people.
    Players wish to express their temper, nature, disposition, not only PvP-skill and expensive armor. But there are no ways for this type of community in Guild Wars. But this type of community is a foregoing 'permanent battery'.
    I thought people bought GW for PVP?
    How to insert this Uninstanced Continent into a current game structure?
    (players should be able to get this Continent only with their RolePlaying characters)
    If player wants to get new skills for his RolePlaying character, this player can travel to one of the instanced continents, complete some quests there, earn required amount of skill points to buy skills or Signet Of Capture, hunt bosses to capture elite skills.
    If player wants to renew or improve his armor or weapon, he can go to one of the instanced continents, farm required resources, craft armor, buy dyes, buy upgrades etc.
    If player wants to earn some PvP-title, to get rank emote, player can travel to Battle Isles (by his RolePlaying or PvP Only Character) and compete in sporting PvP at Random Arenas, Team Arenas, Heroes' Ascent etc.
    I really doubt that will go together smoothly.
    But when everything is done, or player wants to feel a life, to find some 'real' adventures or conflicts, he can travel to Uninstanced Continent.
    (Character can be customized at every town of the continent, but this town won't be an instance. So players will customize their chatacters and form groups at the "territory of the towns")
    Certainly, player should have some benefit of playing at uninstanced continent, but there will be no monsters, no quests (intanced continents shouldn't lose their relevance) - only in-game society and community, World War. Game developers can think out values, that would make players/guilds/alliances (on the one hand) wage war with other players and (on the other hand) cooperate with other players/guilds/alliances for months or even years (this War shouldn't become a free-for-all deathmatch).
    People can already have wars between guilds. But the core is that is shall remain structured and not all messed up. It was built that way.
    There are many ways to make this continent popular and filled with players. One of the goal of this continent creation - it will throw together PvP's and PvE's values.
    Death from PvP at Uninstanced Continent may cause something like lasting a long time death penalty. For example, this death penalty could be removed only by completing missions at instanced continents.
    Life + War + Politics + Epos = "Permanent battery"
    That are the usual ingredients of a MMORPG, I suggest you try one of them.

Best Regards,
    CryptoGod

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• KakaezukiKakaezuki Member Posts: 2

Sheesh someone has played too much EVE...

But i think GW is good no matter the instances.
    I've been playing for 14 months and still not losing interest image
    And Guild Wars isn't really rated as a MMORPG, more like a CORPG (competitive online role-playing game (i hate these name monsters))

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Non-instanced requires much more support and bandwidth.  AKA why games that offer that typically have a montly fee.

Look at is this way.  If some buthole starts harassing you in GWs you can block them and can fairly easily avoid them for the rest of your life.  If you don't group with them they can't hurt you.  However, in a MMO they could kill steal, body block, kite mobs, and do other things to make your game experience suck.  Thus the game would need "fast" response CSRs around to ban people on the fly as oppose to the email system GWs currently uses.  The cost of the and the increased bandwidth would make GWs unable to likely support itselft without recurring fees.

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by CryptoGod

cut

You got the wrong game, buddy.

• ZerandZerand Member Posts: 77
    Like it has been stated before, wrong game. The only thing I want is the auction house... They have been talking about it a long time now and they have given us absolutely nothing. If they aren't going to implement one in the near future, then say it aout loud and clearly. I don't want to have false hopes.

Even to myself I'm a genius

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I remember when ANet said they aren't going to add Auction houses b/c of costs but there will be other "trade improvements".

• I doubt an auction house is scalable to the Guild Wars level.  Keep in mind a game like WoW has one per server.  manging a GW wide auction house would fry most DBs

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

That is true, gestalt11 image  Maybe instead of an auction house they can just expand the system they have now.  They already have a system in place for dyes, runes, and scrolls that adjusts the price of these items according to supply and demand.  They pay way less for the items than they sell them for though image  I dont know why they want to do that.  I guess they might want players to trade via chat, but sheesh, why would they want that?  The players certainly dont want that.  Anyways, they could expand these traders to cover Unique weapons and maybe gold weapons too and weapon mods for sure.  I just think they really should lower the ratio between selling and buying.  Maybe there just arent enough of these unique items for such a system to work, though.

I can understand that with an auctionhouse its important to have a posting fee to make sure people dont just repost their items over and over waiting for some sucker to pay way too much for it, but if you are working off of the system that guildwars already has in place, I dont see why the merchant (by merchant i mean dye traders, rune traders, ect) NPCs have to take such a large portion of the items cost.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I was just reading about the LFG window they'll be adding to WoW in its expansion:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/lookingforgroup.html

It sounds sorta like what I would like to see in GW, although I dont really see the point of having an LFG window if you cant label yourself as LFG for more than one mission/quest at a time.  image  I mean, if you are only LFG for one quest, why dont you just sit around wherever the quest is given to find a group?  Why would you need a LFG window?

But I know that a lot of WoW groups form in the main cities and all, so its good they are finding ways to prevent spam in the chat channels.  That isnt really what I had in mind as far as purpose goes for a LFG interface in GW though.  image  Sorta makes me sad to see another game add LFG window in.  I think WoW will be the first to do it since SWG, right?  I might be wrong, I think I might recall a LFG window in EQ2, but I only played it to level 18 or so so I cant really remember now, its been a while.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• Ka7raKKa7raK Member Posts: 59

I think that happens in most MMORPGs. It's the common behaviour of the human being that we get tired to doing the same thing over and over again. After "ending" the game, you won't do anything more because you don't want to. At SRO i had done a lot in the game and just felt like helping new players and trading stuff. Then again, in SRO, after becoming too powerful, you leave the game. In EO, after becoming too powerful, you leave the game. In any game, once you reach your objective or desired level, you probably leave the game.

Wars (not matches, but Wars, continuing 24/7), conflicts (not 'stfu, noob', but Conflicts), alliances (not just united chat, but Alliances) and Politics. And free PvP (not sport, but a way to solve conflicts, PvP filled with emotions) among hostile players/guilds/alliances/factions.

I have to agree with something like that but you have games where you can do that. But i can't say i don't agree with you because this type of thing works good in other games and could be implemented in GW.

Well, i have to agree with you again. A super difficult continent would be welcome. In FFVIII (i know it's not the best analogy since FFVIII is not a MMOG), you have two islands were monsters are ultra difficult and give far more XP. This last suggestion combined with the one before could make GW much more interesting in long-term gaming. 

Blog Portugu