Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A pirate game to hold you over while you wait for PotBS

If you really want to play a free game about pirates while you are waiting to play PotBS like I am, you should try to play puzzle pirates. Although it may sound kiddish it is really quite fun and addicting, you can buy your own ship and do PvP battle with it if you win you get more money with wich you can decorate your house or your ship. And instead of the standard lvling up system you have skills like carpenting, swordfighting, sailing, cannoning, etc. and to get to the next lvl, you are compared with everybody else the same lvl as you and there are lvls of experience like advanced neophyte, it sounds complicated but once you see how its set up its really quite easy. Andyou can also own your own shop in port towns. The fighting is as you can tell by the name of the game puzzles. The puzzles are like arcade games with a twist, like the one where you shoot balls from you little turret things and then hit other one and make them dissapear, and swordfighting is a modified version of tetris and many other puzzles to, and dont not play because of the graphics once you start its hard to stop.

The reason I didnt post this on the Puzzle Pirates Forum is 1 They already know what its about , 2 this is a much more populated forum that forum only has 3 topics in all. and I think  you people who are waiting for a pirate game would  want to play another pirate game. And If you do decide to play could you please say that you were recommended by:
                             kyle_cameron
And this isnt just so you recomend me and I get money its because I want to see If other people waiting so long for PotBS would take a break and play another pirate game for the wait. And there are over 2 million people that play just saying.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Comments

• kylecameron1kylecameron1 Member Posts: 240
    Ive never played Sid Meyers Pirates but I hear a lot about it, is it fun and is it a computer game? 

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by kylecameron1
    Ive never played Sid Meyers Pirates but I hear a lot about it, is it fun and is it a computer game? 

Sid Meyer's Pirates! for the PC is actually a remake of and older game made by Microprose. It came out for Commodore 64 and Atari and later the Amiga 500 also got its hands on the game and the superior colour&graphics settings of the Amiga combined with the nearly endless replayability made it an instant classic.

What kind of game is it, rpg, fps, action or adventure. Itt sounds pretty fun mabye I should think about buying it.

It sounds pretty cool, just for computer and xbox not gamecube. BUt Ill get it for the computer.

• KorneliusKornelius Member Posts: 54

About Puzzle Pirates, I found it a little boring but it is still a nice game...

GW- Warrior lvl18 - Monk lvl4

• XxkarateXxkarate Member Posts: 27
    The game sounds boring to me. I don't like puzzles.

SWG- Left after they ruined it
    WoW- Left after 2 years
    EVE- Left after three days
    Pirates of the Burning Sea will be the cure to my cancer.

• McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

Pirate games don't grow on trees sadly. You might want to check out Tropico 2: Pirate Cove.

It's something so strange as a Pirate strategy game. You build a pirate island, have to keep your pirates happy with booze, gambling, women etc, keep your captives in constant fear so they work hard and don't run away. Equip and send out ships to raid for gold. All while stashing away as much as possible for yourself.

The game has both good and bad sides, on the bad side the game becomes repetitive and tedius fairly fast. On the good side it has very good pirate mood, specialy good music (I went so far as to buy the music cd).

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

• rickbmbrickbmb Member UncommonPosts: 72

I still play uncharted waters:new horizons, an old pirate game on the sega genesis console and super nintendo.

Way old school but still fun :)

• Supahfly66Supahfly66 Member Posts: 4
    Puzzle Pirates is a very difficult game for new players to break into these days. Since the doubloon oceans opened, any wank with Daddy's credit card could become captain, or king, without having a single "ultimate" stat. You typically really have to show potential as a greenie to be accepted into a more pleasant circle. Otherwise you get stuck alone or get snagged by one of those greenie-captains.

• ShogooShogoo Member UncommonPosts: 88

Sid Myers Pirates! Is a kewl game, think original was better, see it now at stores for about $20 US. I'd recomend it for some Pirateing fun. Puzzle Pirates Free? last i saw was monthly Sub. Oh and Pirates was also on Sega where I first played it. It's also out for xbox. visit www.firaxis.com

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I love Sid Meier's Pirates! and have just started playing again.  Also, I picked up this other pirate game called Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, but it was released in very poor shape.  This is the successor to Pirates of the Caribbean, and Sea Dogs before that.  It's got a lot of bugs and is incomplete.  Luckily, a very dedicated modder is doing more to improve the game than the developers are!

If you are interested in AoP, I don't say I didn't warn you.  This game needs some hefty patching and needs some features originally promised to be added before I'd recommend it.  Even still, it was very playable for me right out of the box, so nothing was game-stopping, but there is enough to frustrate you if you don't look to the community for help.

*** Also very important I need to mention, is that Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales includes Star Force portection.  If I knew this beforehand, I would not have purchased it.  I'm not a Star Force fan.

I am really anxious for PotBS, and even more now that I heard that Flying Labs are working on an Avatar combat system (if this is really true or not, I don't know, I heard through the grapevine).

• Supahfly66Supahfly66 Member Posts: 4

Puzzle Pirates Free? last i saw was monthly Sub.

Subscription oceans are exactly that. Those are Midnight and Cobalt. However, as of a year and a half ago, doubloon (free) servers have taken over. It uses a micropay system and the profit for Three Rings is tenfold. Doubloon oceans are Viridian, Sage or Hunter.

You can also play sub oceans for free, but there are restrictions. Most of which are similar to not having the appropriate 'badges' on a doub ocean.
  • LlewzaherLlewzaher Member Posts: 3
    I heard World of Pirates was supposed to be good , tho it is a bit simpl;istic , but lots of pvp
  • asmitty98asmitty98 Member Posts: 5
    Cool, thanks for the info.  I will definitely check this out.  It sounds fun and you can't beat a free game!

• addys12addys12 Member Posts: 5
    That does sound like it's worth giving it a try.  It might hold my interest for a bit while I'm impatiently waiting for the release of PoTBS.