Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANIMALS AND NEW BOARDS!!!

13»

Comments

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

Fans of this game are easily entertained. Trees and animals are ingame now? You can make tunics? Amazing.

Trees and animals. image

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Don't get lost on animals and trees, the main point of Roma Victor is people, politics and communities; something much more interesting and entertaining than the most fantastic beasts and best rendered foliage of other generic fantasy MMOGs.
  • VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    YEY!! UPDATED SITE image

• n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523

Originally posted by sempiternal
    Don't get lost on animals and trees, the main point of Roma Victor is people, politics and communities; something much more interesting and entertaining than the most fantastic beasts and best rendered foliage of other generic fantasy MMOGs.

Yeah.... but other MMO's have all those things, and more. Roma Victor has... well I guess tunics and trees now.

NGE Refugee.

• ImpacatusImpacatus Member Posts: 436

If there's another mmo with politics and communities like RV, I haven't seen it.

And just to clarify, we've always had tunics.

If you're building an mmorpg, or if you'd like to share ideas or talk about this industry, visit Multiplayer Worlds.

• max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Impacatus

If there's another mmo with politics and communities like RV, I haven't seen it.
    And just to clarify, we've always had tunics.

Community is a subjective topic.There are many other games that will say they have the best community.Hard to prove one way or the other.

Politics exist in one form or the other in all mmorpg.Most of them are however heated internal guild politics.But then again the amount of people in a populated WoW or EQ2 guild is probably as much as the amount of people still playing RV.

Also considering how little there is to do in this game I am not shocked people taken to politics as there is not much else to do .

Originally posted by max2008
    Originally posted by Impacatus
    If there's another mmo with politics and communities like RV, I haven't seen it. And just to clarify, we've always had tunics.

Community is a subjective topic.There are many other games that will say they have the best community.Hard to prove one way or the other.

Politics exist in one form or the other in all mmorpg.Most of them are however heated internal guild politics.But then again the amount of people in a populated WoW or EQ2 guild is probably as much as the amount of people still playing RV.

Also considering how little there is to do in this game I am not shocked people taken to politics as there is not much else to do .

How little there is to do? Write a list in word, 12 point font, times new roman, sinlge spaced, and tell me it isn't under 5 pages. ! thing to do per line that is.
  • max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Back to original topic.As said before animals in a mmorpg is so the norm that no other mmorpg i can think of would consider their addition a big deal by any means.

This is usually added in alpha stages not even beta and always there at release for sure.

Even at that this feature is still broken

Quote from RV forum

"Developers,

more animals coming in or not in December to make RV more livable and others to grow the in-game population? We are back to where we were before the big patch with adding animals and such as of now...EMPTINESS.

2 Wolves were killed by Eunapius. --They haven't respawned since Euna killed them both on release day.

1 Chickens each in Corstopitum and Erring. --Bugged. You can't catch them nor handle them. They ran too fast but you can feed them but thats basically it. Perhaps, you could put in a Pen so we can have male chicken (rooster)/female chicken in the Pen. Then, we see them mating and see a baby chicken, then more chickens increase, then more aniamls spread out on different boards beside Erring and Corstopitum.. same goes for Goats or Pigs or Cows or Horses or any animals.

1 Goat in Erring. -bugged probably and just stand there lonely.

Bears elsewhere. -probably bugged. "

This quote is from a player from house of cornelius, which is virtus guild so i seriously hope virtus will not try to dis credit it.Maybe its even him!

Wasn't me, I don't seem to recal the post, doesn't mean it wasn't there. I have yet to see wildlife.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

Well I'm glad they're improving the game. I'm a fanatic for Roman History and faithfully followed this game back in the early days of Beta. I'll keep an eye out on further improvements and may run out and buy it in a month or two.

I really hope they fine tune this game. I want so bad to see it work. RV is just the game I need to cure my MMO blues.

might wanna give it a bit more then 2 months. I of course, will keep this place updated as much as possible. Don't expect me to be arguing as much either