Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next patch Dec5th.

nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

The next World of Warcraft content update, “Before the Storm,” will include the new PvP Honor System, as well as other new features that will prepare us for The Burning Crusade expansion. We are currently planning to release this content update next Tuesday, December 5. Please note that the patch date is still subject to change, and we will keep you informed of any changes to the plan as they happen.

If the patch goes live as planned, this will be the last week that new PvP ranks under the old Honor System can be earned, as the patch will immediately introduce the new Honor System. We will run one final honor calculation on December 5 and update everyone’s ranking accordingly on that date so that players who achieve a new rank for that week have the opportunity to display that title on their character. Please note, however, that no new PvP rewards will be unlocked for purchase with this final “old Honor System” calculation, regardless of any increase in rank.

For those who have been seeking high-rank PvP armor and weapons, note that the new Honor System will still include these item rewards, and it will actually be easier to earn these items under the new Honor System than under the old Honor System. Those who wish to see how their PvP abilities measure up against other players will still be able to do so under the new Arena System.

Comments

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Finally, i can start PvPing again without any worries of taking a break. image

-iCeh

• chronic05chronic05 Member Posts: 32
    wow about time 2 if only they could put some of the weapons on other rank levels i.e beable to unlock a good sword or axe at rank 10 instead of having to get to rank 14 to get them. would be niceimage
  • theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684
    I think they're actually getting rid of ranks. :P

Groovy.

• I was reading on the WoW boards that the DPS is completely out of control on the PTR everyone is getting 2 shotted.  Which is not surprising to me WoW has been moving more and more that way for over a year.  I hope it doesn't go lvie that way.  5 weeks of that would be a travesty.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    yeah i like it :P

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by gestalt11
    I was reading on the WoW boards that the DPS is completely out of control on the PTR everyone is getting 2 shotted.  Which is not surprising to me WoW has been moving more and more that way for over a year.  I hope it doesn't go lvie that way.  5 weeks of that would be a travesty.
    I think they are doing that because when everyone hit's 70 their stamina will be double of that they had when they were 60 (from what i've heard).

I can't wait 'til the patch comes out. My shaman will be able to dual wield then.image

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Think blizz said they didn't want people to be able to 1 shot each other... I don't remember anything being said about 2-shotting. ;)

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

The patch is ok, But quite a few people are getting the short end of the polearm.

Me, for example, Have been trying to get rank 10 for a few months now.  And as of now, At rank 8, Its getting reset.  This pisses me off quite a bit.

I can see why its nessacary though.  Warrio coming and 1 shotting warlocks isnt the locks idea of "fun".  Also, AT 70, When all the classes have double stamina, The rogues will be getting stiffed.  Because rogues rely on killing their enemy fast , ex (stunlocking, Burst BS damage. Cold blood) will be almost twice as hard to kill something.  This may mean that rogues become needless and arent really needed because druids are gonna take the place.  Druids are going to be able to stunlock just as well as rogues at 70, only the druids are going to be able to heal, tank, and cast.

Thats what annoys me much more then the patch itself.  Oh, and getting CC rep is annoying too :)

-------------------------

• dadowndadown Member UncommonPosts: 210
    I think this next patch is going to ruin a lot of addons.  It breaks many that i wrote and I've been loosing interest in playing without them.  After 2 years of WoW, I'm about due for a change anyways...

• aregatoaregato Member Posts: 29

The new patch will come 6 dec in Europe, just so those who cares knows :P

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html;jsessionid=AA4D61F6375B6F0AC35CDCEEC89CEF4B?topicId=88829997&sid=1

A life? Where can I download one of those?