Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of playing Lineage 2

VesilisVesilis Member UncommonPosts: 21
I've looked at the site and love the graphics. I hear there is little to low amounts of lag, which I love. Monthly fee, checkaroo. I've been looking at the races and classes, andsome of the PvP information. I haven't seen the answer to this question though:

Can PvP happen anywhere, or only in set-off areas?

Also, I'd like some of the bad points for the game, since the official website seems to be lacking. Good points too, if you want. image

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Vesilis
    I've looked at the site and love the graphics. I hear there is little to low amounts of lag, which I love. Monthly fee, checkaroo. I've been looking at the races and classes, andsome of the PvP information. I haven't seen the answer to this question though:

Can PvP happen anywhere, or only in set-off areas?

Also, I'd like some of the bad points for the game, since the official website seems to be lacking. Good points too, if you want. image

Well, it's late and I just don't have the time to go into it as I need to be off to bed!!! You can find a lot of info on the official site. As an alternative there is www.l2guru.com as well as stratics. You should be able to find a lot of info with all 3 sites. also the official site does have a library with a lot of useful info.

Pvp can happen everywhere except in cities. You can be pk'ed by anyone of any lvl (so if a lvl 77 wants to pk a lvl 5 he can. There is a karma system which turns your name red and increases the chance you can drop items if you die.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Rha-ELRha-EL Member Posts: 208

Don't play.  Its infested with botters.  Take it from a guy who played it for almost 3 years.

Until NCSOFT wakes up and actually does something to show and prove to the people that they ARE doing something about the BOT problem in a present, active, "I can reach out and touch, see, smell, taste the progress" way...ditch the game.

and this is from a once true devoted fan.

Rha

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650
    Yes PvP is an anywhere thing.
    "HEY GUY!"
    "HEY!"
    *STAB*
    YOU WIN!.
    THe biggest problem is botting, yes its serious but once youy get to higher lvls you can just kil them and be done with it.I will admit NCsoft has abandanded us, but they had no problem getting the FBI to kill all the private servers...
    Also the grind is kinda rough, but other than this its a solid PvP mmo.

• loopylizardloopylizard Member Posts: 40

Do your self a favor and try wow or ryzom they are a lot better games. You can pvp anywhere except in towns in lineage 2 and you will get ganked a lot. Pvp in wow on a pve server is your choise, you dont have to pvp if you dont want to, same with ryzon. Not only that but in lineage2 expect to be held out of aeras that you want to hunt in or explore by adeana farmers who always try and keep the best places for them selves and expect no help from the gms when you complane that you cant play all the game that you pay for becouse they kill you every time you try and go into that area.

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280

Originally posted by loopylizard
    Do your self a favor and try wow or ryzom they are a lot better games. You can pvp anywhere except in towns in lineage 2 and you will get ganked a lot. Pvp in wow on a pve server is your choise, you dont have to pvp if you dont want to, same with ryzon. Not only that but in lineage2 expect to be held out of aeras that you want to hunt in or explore by adeana farmers who always try and keep the best places for them selves and expect no help from the gms when you complane that you cant play all the game that you pay for becouse they kill you every time you try and go into that area.
    Wow, this information is so incorrect.

1. You are not going to get ganked everywhere you go unless it's a perma red. You don't see them often. You may die to a red player maybe once or twice from 1-20. Then you'll never see one again.

2.  If you want a farmer to leave an area pm them and ask them to. It's easier for them to farm somewhere else than get reported and banned.

• chazmyrchazmyr Member Posts: 69
    The pvp does rock......but honestly, ONLY at high lvl's....and that'll take months to a year to reach.
    And yes NCsoft has let the botting get out of control big time. I played for 3 years, and loved it! but the more you play, the more bots you see, the more you realize you can't buy anything cause the bots have ruined the economy, the more you realize the game really sucks (imo) It's like using a slide......great fun to start with, then you hit the ground and realize....THAT'S IT??.....only in L2, the slide has cockroaches all over it, and you loose your pocket change on the way down.......

1- Info incorrect? bull crap!! I use to get ganked once or twise a week mostly by chineese farmers who wanted my armor to sell to make money to ebay

2 that is a joke man ask them to leave! ha ha ha I use to do just that or ask them to at least shair the place with me  and they wuld say no so, i went in any way sence i payed to play there and they would just gang up on my 4 or 5 at a time kill me take my armor if it droped and send me packing then help the one who made bad karma work it off with in 30 min or so or just train me with 10 mobs or so and good luck asking your guild to come and help you clear it out that may happen once or twice then you are on your own to face the same probluems you had from the start

3 why pay to play a game that takes up for botters who hold you out and wont let you play in the areas you payed for in the first place

4 weather you believe me are not i dont cair but you will see once you enter the game that i know what im talking about granted they have made some little improvements but not near enough to make the game worth playing

1- Info incorrect? bull crap!! I use to get ganked once or twise a week mostly by chineese farmers who wanted my armor to sell to make money to ebay

2 that is a joke man ask them to leave! ha ha ha I use to do just that or ask them to at least shair the place with me  and they wuld say no so, i went in any way sence i payed to play there and they would just gang up on my 4 or 5 at a time kill me take my armor if it droped and send me packing then help the one who made bad karma work it off with in 30 min or so or just train me with 10 mobs or so and good luck asking your guild to come and help you clear it out that may happen once or twice then you are on your own to face the same probluems you had from the start

3 why pay to play a game that takes up for botters who hold you out and wont let you play in the areas you payed for in the first place

4 weather you believe me are not i dont cair but you will see once you enter the game that i know what im talking about granted they have made some little improvements but not near enough to make the game worth playing

1. You're lying. You never drop gear in pvp unless you have karma and this has been true since open beta. This has never changed. No one can gank you and take your gear.

2. Another lie. They can't take your gear, only xp. And yes, farmers were pretty bad in open beta until C1. Thigs have changed dramatically since then.

3. LOL, if someone is afk botting, how can they hold you out of an area that they are not there to defend? That makes zero sense.

4. I've played since open beta so I know that you are lying or speaking about something you have zero knowledge of.

1. You're lying. You never drop gear in pvp unless you have karma and this has been true since open beta. This has never changed. No one can gank you and take your gear.

2. Another lie. They can't take your gear, only xp. And yes, farmers were pretty bad in open beta until C1. Thigs have changed dramatically since then.

3. LOL, if someone is afk botting, how can they hold you out of an area that they are not there to defend? That makes zero sense.

4. I've played since open beta so I know that you are lying or speaking about something you have zero knowledge of.

Dude you are the one who is lieing. I know what i experanced, they just now took out the item drops on death for players who has no karma out of the game in the last week or so, prolly becouse they had so many people quiting they had to do something to save the game. I have read severial forems who were complaneing about light attendance.I wasent just talking about pvp and i did loose armor to pvp once or twice wether it was in bata or c1 i cant remember but I was also talking abut pve as well. I also consider training as pvp  which was very common in which farmers would  work up a train of 5 or 6 even 10 mobs and run around you while you were fighting and you argo so many that you would die very quick and drop armor and yes you coud deffently drop armor from that farmer; he may have not killed you directly but he still got you killed in fact this was the most common form of farmers killing you becouse they got you killed with out getting bad karma I know that becouse that happened to me a few times as well And i know good and darn well they did take my gear to sell. You are lieing out the wazoo dude not all botters are afk infict i ran across a lot of botters who werent afk and they use to have farmer guilds on my server where none were afk and woulda all hunt together and yes they would kill you if you came into there area be it by pvp or by train. Any one interseted just look at other forems and read what other people have said this guy is crazy or oh i know he is prolly one of the botters him self who cant make a liveing farming money now becouse so many people left he has to lie to get people to spend there hard earned money to play a crappy game so he can sell to them lol just read the other forems and what other people has to say dont take my word for it read for your self i started playing back in open bata and played for a year regreatably and the game was as i discribed granted i soloed mostly but i wont play a game i cant solo so if this sounds like your kind of game then go for it but remember what i said i rest my case  btw santa are you still playing with your elves shame shameimage

Dude you are the one who is lieing. I know what i experanced, they just now took out the item drops on death for players who has no karma out of the game in the last week or so, prolly becouse they had so many people quiting they had to do something to save the game. I have read severial forems who were complaneing about light attendance.I wasent just talking about pvp and i did loose armor to pvp once or twice wether it was in bata or c1 i cant remember but I was also talking abut pve as well. I also consider training as pvp  which was very common in which farmers would  work up a train of 5 or 6 even 10 mobs and run around you while you were fighting and you argo so many that you would die very quick and drop armor and yes you coud deffently drop armor from that farmer; he may have not killed you directly but he still got you killed in fact this was the most common form of farmers killing you becouse they got you killed with out getting bad karma I know that becouse that happened to me a few times as well And i know good and darn well they did take my gear to sell. You are lieing out the wazoo dude not all botters are afk infict i ran across a lot of botters who werent afk and they use to have farmer guilds on my server where none were afk and woulda all hunt together and yes they would kill you if you came into there area be it by pvp or by train. Any one interseted just look at other forems and read what other people have said this guy is crazy or oh i know he is prolly one of the botters him self who cant make a liveing farming money now becouse so many people left he has to lie to get people to spend there hard earned money to play a crappy game so he can sell to them lol just read the other forems and what other people has to say dont take my word for it read for your self i started playing back in open bata and played for a year regreatably  btw santa are you still playing with your elves shame shameimage

The only way you could have dropped your gear is if you died to mobs. You're the one who said farmers ganked you. now you're saying they trained mobs on you. If someone "ganks" you that means they killed you through pvp. I wasn't wrong, so don't change your story.

And like I said, the enviornment is very different now where farmers don't even btoher you anymore. Hell, most will let you afk in their group if you give them the adena they earned.

LOL, yes I am the farmer king. I have 32 computers each running 2 parties and I need people to ebay so I ca nmake money. Please make more rediculous claims. You only make yourself look like a bigger fool.

Ha ha ha i knew it thanks for admitting it  if farmers would gamk me ganking means a high lvl killing a low lvl and they would train me get me killed and take my armor they still did it whats the differance its still pvp pvp means player verses player wether it is useing a sword or mobs  if some one kills you or gets you killed they did it and responsible for your death if some one is responsible for your death thats pvp or it is to me unless its by accadent then its just a mistake but people know if its was by accadent or intentional most do any ways any ways if i look foolish so be it i still told the truth about my experances with this game believe me or not i dont care like i said earlyer read other peoples posts most of the negitive ones are right i agree with them at least i put a good light on the game which was my perpos

Ha ha ha i knew thanks for admitting it  if farmers would gamk me ganking means a high lvl killing a low lvl and they would train me get me killed and take my armor they still did it whats the differance its still pvp pvp means player verses player wether it is useing a sword or mobs  if some one kills you or gets you killed they did it and responsible for your death if some one is responsible for your death thats pvp or it is to me unless its by accadent then its just a mistake but people know if its was by accadent or intentional most do any ways
    LOL, that's not what you said. You said you can pvp anywhere in L2 and that you got ganked. Training mobs isn't pvp'ing. It's more of griefing and you can grief people in wow using the very same method.

Secondly, your point doesn't stand b/c you can't drop gear unless you are red. So I say again, way to talk about something that you have no clue about.

It's an open pvp game. What do you expect? High levels to hand you millions of adena and power level you? There's risk. If you can't handle it the game isn;t for you. TBH you just sound carebear.

Geeze dude, I did get ganked many times from high lvl players when i was a low lvl and you can pvp any where in lineage 2 except for the towns is what i said. And i dont cair how you put it pvp is player verses player wether they use a sword or wether they use mobs whats the differance you still die. Another player kills you. I do consider training as a part of pvp and always will and yes i did loose armor to pvp as you call it once or twice, its why i stoped fighting back becouse I wanted them to trun red and get bad karma if they killed me so they would loose there armor.They would see I wouldnt fight back and just train me and kill me that way and take my armor if it dropped. If you are confused on what i am talking about I cant help. it I have explaned it the best way i know how and every thing I said was true. If you played sence bata you know good and well you could drop armor from your kind of pvp at first. But you could always drop armor from my kind of pvp which is player verses player. No you cant train in wow.Tthe mobs after chaseing some one go back and reset to where they were before they were pulled. If you are with in argo range after it resets then yes they will attack you, but if you are not then they wont. It just depends on where you are standing when they reset unless maby you are in an instance with your group and you just take off and run threw it and bring them back to get your group killed but no one does that becouse every one will just run threw the protal and let you die sence you get stunned and cant hardly walk and then every one will just put you on there ignore list and never group with you agian in the 2 years i have played wow i have never got trained or ksed or ganked or griefed as you put it and the gold farmers are not a probulem as far as holding you out of an area why? they simply cant do that on a pve server wow wont let them. Farmers do make the market go up though but wow has really handled it well and the markets are really comming down a lot now compaired to what they were so you are talkig about stuff you know nothing about when you say you get trained in wow. And yes i hated lineage 2 its why i quit I asked nothing from no one except to leave me alone and let me play but that was not to be in lineage 2 but my purpos here was just to let this guy know what to expect and to voice my oppion in which i have every right as an american and so what if i sound care bear go to ige.com and look at all of wows north american servers compaired to lieneage2s northamerican and eruopean servers wow has blown l2 completly out of the water in north america and eruop why? becouse its what most people want 

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Dude you are the one who is lieing. I know what i experanced, they just now took out the item drops on death for players who has no karma out of the game in the last week or so, prolly becouse they had so many people quiting they had to do something to save the game. I have read severial forems who were complaneing about light attendance.I wasent just talking about pvp and i did loose armor to pvp once or twice wether it was in bata or c1 i cant remember but I was also talking abut pve as well. I also consider training as pvp  which was very common in which farmers would  work up a train of 5 or 6 even 10 mobs and run around you while you were fighting and you argo so many that you would die very quick and drop armor and yes you coud deffently drop armor from that farmer; he may have not killed you directly but he still got you killed in fact this was the most common form of farmers killing you becouse they got you killed with out getting bad karma I know that becouse that happened to me a few times as well And i know good and darn well they did take my gear to sell. You are lieing out the wazoo dude not all botters are afk infict i ran across a lot of botters who werent afk and they use to have farmer guilds on my server where none were afk and woulda all hunt together and yes they would kill you if you came into there area be it by pvp or by train. Any one interseted just look at other forems and read what other people have said this guy is crazy or oh i know he is prolly one of the botters him self who cant make a liveing farming money now becouse so many people left he has to lie to get people to spend there hard earned money to play a crappy game so he can sell to them lol just read the other forems and what other people has to say dont take my word for it read for your self i started playing back in open bata and played for a year regreatably  btw santa are you still playing with your elves shame shameimage

You are both off in two extreams. Loopy, I can only gather you really don't like L2 anymore and Santa really does. No one is "lieing" each of you view it from a different perspective.

Loopy, the game has changed alot and no its not losing "masses of players" I referenced a few articles in previous post that state the contrary. One from right here on this site. I understand your harsh feelings about the cheaters but that is something the community in all MMO's drive. The currency market is going to hit somewhere near 1 billion dollars this year thanks to WoW. So if you are going to curcify one, you need to crucify all. Your PvP complaints are just that, complaints. Its a PvP game, people get killed, same as any other PvP ruleset game. You had some bad experiences with bots, we all have. I am here to tell you they are in every game. Personally I find it very easy to run them off or kill. The idea of actually "asking them to leave" never occured to me. I hate them and they deserve no such courtesy from me.

You made a comment about refering people to WoW or Ryzom. I would avoid Ryzom, they are bankrupt and selling the game. No need to bother with that one, the fact that it is being bankrupt/sold speaks volumes. WoW is a good game. Nothing wrong with it. Its all a matter of taste. We are all just players, we have no control over anything else. Play or don't play. Cheaters are cheaters, you can download bots for WoW just as easily as L2. You can buy gold just as easily for WOW on any of thier HUNDREDS of servers just as easily and cheaply as L2. How do you think its getting there, magic? No its being farmed by lots of people using WoWgli**r. It took about  2days before I discovered the ugly face of EVE and the impact of EVEm****2.0. Same thing. Don't fool yourself into thinking L2 is the only game with bots.

If you played from beta and then an additional year, that was 2 years ago, my question is why are you trolling the game now? Having flashbacks or something? I can't even remember what I was playing 2 years ago. If you don't like it, fine, find a game you do and contribute to the community there. Trolling/flaming a game is pretty pointless, especially if you haven't played it in so long. Your experience is outdated and from your personal perspective from 2 years ago anyway. Not that there is anything wrong with that but the game environment, like all MMO's changes from day to day, server to server, individual to individual.

Lastly, if it was that bad, why did you play it a year? When I don't like a game, thats it...it gets unloaded, links/forums get deleted from favorites, I don't give it a year...maybe a week or two but not a year. (I think you really liked the game then got fed up with it because of the bots/cheaters, which I understand. People who don't like a game, don't play them for a yearimage maybe I'm wrong and you are just sadistic lol)

When you hoot about bots in a game and the resulting game sucks because of it, since bots are in all games you really need to look at this. The community makes the bot programs, not the company. The community uses the bots, the community buys the farmed currency. Each on of these points has one thing in common...the community. No one forces anyone to "buy" currency, use a bot, write the program.....you will find this condition in all MMO's. I was never "forced" to do any of that. In fact, many of us have contributed to the making a difference by adding our experiences with money making right here on this site. If anyone says the economy is impossible  and you HAVE to buy currency/bot means this...you didn't research or try. They where expecting the game to hand it to them like WoW.

I'm sorry but somoene was just giving incorrect information or posted in a manner that was not indicative of the game at all. I don't see that as "they trained me to get my gear". That specifically says he was pk'ed for his gear, which is not even possible. So yes, it was an outright lie or purposely written to misinform.

Wow torak now that was good and really hit home. That was also smart thank you for that. I played l2 for a year out of shere stubberniss i guess , i always thought once i started a game i had to cap out before i left, its a matter of personal pride i guess and this game was such a pain in the *^%&^ game that i quit before capping. Every thing else you said was great, true its a matter of taste, and true i havent played l2 in 2 years. I just remember the experances i had with this game when i did play. There is another thing i havent said on these forems. the last few months I played almost every time i loged into lineage 2 my bios was changed on my computer leaveing me with lousy grahics. I called alieanware the maker of my computer to help me figure it out and they would take me threw some steps and find out that my bios has been changed my graphics card settings to be exact they told me that it was probully some one in lineage 2 like a gm or a manager hacking my computer to mess me up while i was in game it was the only way some one could have access to the settings in my comp. Now that is hitting below the belt and illieagle. Thats why i keep flamming l2 i didnt like haveing my computer bios messed with by any one. The gms at wow told me the same thing as my graphics was messed up one time when i loged on after playing l2 and contacted a gm to help me fix them this happened like 25 to 30 times while playing lineage 2 so i do know it came form lineage 2 as it never happened unless i was playing l2 and after i quit it stopped i e malied L2 teck support with my probulems and it did no good  I would still get lousy graphics when ever i would play l2 no one has the right to mess with some one elses computer especially to mess it  up but you make perfict sence with what you said so i tell you what i will pull my old disks out of storage and pay for another month just to see if all of my items are still on my charcters with all of there money they had which was a lot and buy the a grade armor and just play for a month so i can actually give a fair and honest up to date revew of this game. ill go get my butt kicked being pked ganked and griefed get my bios changed to have lousy graphics and have it out with the boters just to be perfictly honist and up to date with whats going on in the game. i had a love hate relationship with this game i loved the game i just hated all of the truble and crap that came with it. like the ganking pking grieffing and ksing and most of all the item drops on death. but sence they are not doing item drops any more ill try it agian. i had a 50% item drop on death which was really high according to other people i talked to in the game so i thought i was being singled out not banned but harassed just to get more money out of me. I also am flameing l2 becouse i thought this game had such great prtential and it really did its jus got lousy management i could take this game and dubble the subscription rate in one year i am a busness man in real life and know what people want and the devs arent doing what is needed to make that happen this game has one really good thing going for it and thats graphics i will have to admit they have the very best graphics designers and artists in the world i believe awesome graphics best i have ever seen and one of the reasons i loved but hated this game

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

i loved but hated this game

Lol, join the club..........the bi**h(L2) gives me a big hug and slips the knife in my back all the damn time.

See if anyone here is on your server. One of the primary keys to having a good L2 experience is getting into a good/active guild.

Make no mistake, there are still bots in L2, they haven't gone away, alot of the mechanics have changed however. At least now if you do get ganked, you wont lose anything. Only if you have a high PK count. Its still pretty grindy and the politics still control the game.

Not to sure what to make of your PC issue, sounds strange, whatever it was, was not NCSoft "offically" doing it. I had contact with them recently over a billing issue, over the phone no less and they where very very nice and helpful. The customer service manager herself helped me out. They got the issue corrected and all is well they handled it very well and took it seriously, they never blew it off and followed up every day until it was resolved.  

Not gonna promise you will like it but its different, things are much easier then they where in C1/C2.

geeze dude i dont cair if you dont believe me that really did happen it was duren bata in the dark elf catacomb after the chineese adeana farmers had taken it over you are starting to get on my nerves i am sure other people remembers those days aparently you are lieing about playing bata you didnt play it if you did you would remember you could loose your items from what you call normal pvp i did loos a breast plate from pvp believe it or not i dont care that was the way the game was back then and the comment you made about me being a fool well it takes one to know one and just so you know at that time i was playing on bartz but i left batz as soon as i could

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Wow torak now that was good and really hit home. That was also smart thank you for that. I played l2 for a year out of shere stubberniss i guess , i always thought once i started a game i had to cap out before i left, its a matter of personal pride i guess and this game was such a pain in the *^%&^ game that i quit before capping. Every thing else you said was great, true its a matter of taste, and true i havent played l2 in 2 years. I just remember the experances i had with this game when i did play. There is another thing i havent said on these forems. the last few months I played almost every time i loged into lineage 2 my bios was changed on my computer leaveing me with lousy grahics. I called alieanware the maker of my computer to help me figure it out and they would take me threw some steps and find out that my bios has been changed my graphics card settings to be exact they told me that it was probully some one in lineage 2 like a gm or a manager hacking my computer to mess me up while i was in game it was the only way some one could have access to the settings in my comp. Now that is hitting below the belt and illieagle. Thats why i keep flamming l2 i didnt like haveing my computer bios messed with by any one. The gms at wow told me the same thing as my graphics was messed up one time when i loged on after playing l2 and contacted a gm to help me fix them this happened like 25 to 30 times while playing lineage 2 so i do know it came form lineage 2 as it never happened unless i was playing l2 and after i quit it stopped i e malied L2 teck support with my probulems and it did no good  I would still get lousy graphics when ever i would play l2 no one has the right to mess with some one elses computer especially to mess it  up but you make perfict sence with what you said so i tell you what i will pull my old disks out of storage and pay for another month just to see if all of my items are still on my charcters with all of there money they had which was a lot and buy the a grade armor and just play for a month so i can actually give a fair and honest up to date revew of this game. ill go get my butt kicked being pked ganked and griefed get my bios changed to have lousy graphics and have it out with the boters just to be perfictly honist and up to date with whats going on in the game. i had a love hate relationship with this game i loved the game i just hated all of the truble and crap that came with it. like the ganking pking grieffing and ksing and most of all the item drops on death. but sence they are not doing item drops any more ill try it agian. i had a 50% item drop on death which was really high according to other people i talked to in the game so i thought i was being singled out not banned but harassed just to get more money out of me. I also am flameing l2 becouse i thought this game had such great prtential and it really did its jus got lousy management i could take this game and dubble the subscription rate in one year i am a busness man in real life and know what people want and the devs arent doing what is needed to make that happen this game has one really good thing going for it and thats graphics i will have to admit they have the very best graphics designers and artists in the world i believe awesome graphics best i have ever seen and one of the reasons i loved but hated this game
    WTF. USE PARAGRAPHS BBQ ...................... This is what my eyes looked like after trying to read that gigantic paragraph of fuck . . .image.

Split it up please.

Also, the gaming companies do not make the bots, but they allow them to exist. EVE has bots, every game has bots, it's just something you deal with when playing an MMO, I may quit MMO's based on the way bots ruin the game, but then again, any other game you go to will have their cheaters. So don't know what to do about it.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

lol thanks man ill give it another try i would really like to cap out so i can put an end to all of this and be done with this game i do like wow and ryzome much better but l2 does have its good points  mainly graphics how much do you want to bet that all of my armor and money will be gone when i return btw my characters name was divinia on gusten server a georgous female dark elf shillen knight lol in doom armor she was in the biggist alliance on that server at one time we owned 4 castles but lost one before i left also a silver ranger named juley :D i wont post here agian untill i have played for one month so as to be fair and up to date

LOL ok cryomatrix i was in a hurry sry for the bad grammer ill do better :D

• KaishoKaisho Member Posts: 48

are you able to use a controller or are you restricted to keyboard/mouse fuctions?

how enjoyable is gameplay/ replay value like can you solo alot or is it dependant on other players like FFXI?

AFAIK game controllers do not work.

I think it has a lot of replay value if you get involed in clan politics and drama. You can solo depending on what class you make. In the end, you'll have ot group if you want to level efficiently.

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    You can use a gamepad by I wouldn't reccomend it unless it is like a nostromo (spelling?) pad...

You can solo alot, some classes are easier to solo then others. They added solo areas, but it definately can get more "fun" with a party. But if you just wann log on for a few hours, grind a bit, and log out it is possible. But the game will eventually become easier if you make friends.

I find the gameplay enjoyable, although sometimes it can get boring of frusterating because it feels like you aren't going anywhere. But usually PvP either in the open or at the arena fixes that. Or sometimes I go fish or something...or attempt to craft something...lol.

Basically there is a lot to do in L2, but most people focus on the grind because that is what gets you the levels. But don't be too hardcore and just grind grind grind, cause you will wear yourself out and probally quit.

• rpgmachinerpgmachine Member UncommonPosts: 36

I'd heard a lot of bad and good about this game, so I decided to try the free trial to judge for myself.

It's basically pure item/level based combat, like 99.9% of MMO's, but after taking a few chars into their mid 20's and getting into D-Grade items I am already finding the grind pretty tedious to be honest. I'd love to try out the PvP in this game, it does look pretty decent, but there is no way in hell I am grinding for the best part of a year to do so..image

Once you get past the swarms of bots that plague the newbie areas (GG NCSoft), there is a pretty large community that is always present in the main cites. It's certainly worth a try...I'm subbing for the next month to give the game a fair chance.