Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waiting for L2

RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
I'm a MMORPG addict like many of you are. I recently stopped playing DAoC because I got bored of it. I'm not a big fan of their RvR system. All you ever see are large groups of people running around. Usualy whoever has the largest numbers wins the battle. There is a little stratagy to the game but not as much as everyone thinks. I used to lead raids and stuff because I love being a leader but the game just got way too boring. The political structure of the game is set in stone and I really don't like that. L2 really sparks my interest in this way. It seems like a very well developed political system. Its more realistic because its subject to change based on the decisions of the players. For instance, two guilds may be in an alliance together and one guild leader makes the other angry and then they break out into a war. Other alliance members may choose to side with one guild or another or remain neutral. This seems more realistic to me. Other alliances/guilds could choose to enter the war on one side or another because it would benefit them for one reason or another.  I love this freedom. It makes things much more interesting when you can pay attention to the changing politics of the world and base your actions on what would best benefit you and your guild/alliance. Someone is gonna need to make a site that keeps track of the political stance of all the guilds on the servers, the wars and alliances and everything. Maybe have the guild leaders/members post to a forum and tell about whats happening between their guild and another guild that may cause a conflict. This way other guilds could read this and see an opportuny to gain more power by siding with one guild or another. I really can't wait till this game is released.

- Unfortunatly I don't have nothing to do while the game is still being tested. DAoC is boring and I don't want to wast my money on other games when I won't be playing them for very long. Any of you have suggestions?

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

Comments

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

This all sounds great, I am currently testing L2 and so far things are pretty basic with not a lot of content, but once the final version comes, I will be playing and looking forward to all the things you mentioned.  If you like Lineage II because of the political system, you will be interested in Dark and Light as well.

Lineage II is not too far from final release, so I would hang on until then if that is what you think you want to play, but there are some games that offer free trial periods if you wanted to play something until Lineage II comes out.  Or just hang tight and wait for the Lineage II Open Beta which is coming soon.

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

They added a ton of stuff last night. New lands to explore, they changed some of the areas and they look totaly different and new. They added new creautres, new weapon models, new attack animations, new emotes, just tons of stuff.

I am rehooked all over again.

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

• ViolaAIViolaAI Member Posts: 6

Yes that would be handy, but since I live in the UK im kind of...screwed! :(

P.S: Raptor check your PM's, I've come to grovel (if thats the word) at your feet. image

EDIT: Postd these two replies in the wrong threads (these forums don't handle multiple browsers well image)

• GervinGervin Member Posts: 159
    I got a mail that says I'm accepted as a closed beta tester for Lineage2, however, the personalized 10 letter/number serial code they gave me is not valid. I dont think that is the same as the verification code they ask for when i want to activate my account though.  Can anyone please help me out on this? I think i can only type in 8 letters/numbers for the verification code they are asking for. Thanks.

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

Just hang in there til this game comes out...It'll be worth it!

In the mean time, if your looking for something to pass time, check out my non-active-links below.  They are some fun sim sports games!

http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

• GascogneGascogne Member Posts: 30

Lineage 2 is getting better and better further the beta goes, I've testing it from the early start. image

And it is a game I will play when it goes retail. image

We are the bold marines of space. We wade through gore and grue and if we do not like your face then this is what we'll do: We'll sneer and spit and call you names,tip napalm down your shirt. Your vest will be consumed by flames, and that will really hurt.

• ryo_kinxinryo_kinxin Member Posts: 3
    waiting~~~image

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Sunday ist OB. They wont wipe so it's no long wait!