Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was first, the chicken or the egg?

What was first, the chicken or the egg?

This question irritates me, but I think I might have the answer, well the answer that I think is coorect, you will have another one I guess.

When you had a few birds from different races, they grew to eachother, they both already looked like eachother in many things, but were different in some other things.

Some birds decided to get nasty with birds from the other races, they got babys, that were different from them, yes, the chicken.

So what was first, the egg. The first chicken as we now will probably be a little bit different then this one, but the egg is still first,  if you ask me.

What was first, the chicken or the egg? I ask to you to post your opinion.

Inactive:
World of Warcraft - Level 13 Human Paladin
Dungeons & Dragons Online - Level 2 Rank 6 Halfling Rogue

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

The egg came first. The egg contains all genetic material.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    first was the the omelett recipe
    then god saw he needed eggs and so he created the chickens
    and he saw it was good & tasty

the less funny version:
    think you are right
    first egg from some other birds
    that contained the dna for the chicken as we know

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Well, it is conceivible that there were other species before chickens, and it's also equally conceivible that these prior species had eggs, so egg would thus be first.

Now if the question is 'What came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?' is different.

Here's a possible answer to the question you ment to ask: Chickens were around longer than we termed them 'chickens', or were possibly even aware of them as a species, so you could say that eggs where 'known' before 'chickens'.  Yeah, it's a stretch, but why not?

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Steven Seagal

• ..:Jax:....:Jax:.. Member Posts: 51

Only two choices... dam... i wanted to choose a lizard but i quess i'll have to go with the egg, cuz i think this is what really happened :

first came the egg of an ordinary bird... then came mc donalds who genetically altered the egg to get super big and fat image chickens to get lots of wierd tasting meat and wanted to sell it to dumb image kids world wide... but then some chickens made a run for it and escaped and thats how they came to be image. Any way it's all scientifically proven !image

Originally posted by skywisenight
    Well, it is conceivible that there were other species before chickens, and it's also equally conceivible that these prior species had eggs, so egg would thus be first.Now if the question is 'What came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?' is different.Here's a possible answer to the question you ment to ask: Chickens were around longer than we termed them 'chickens', or were possibly even aware of them as a species, so you could say that eggs where 'known' before 'chickens'.  Yeah, it's a stretch, but why not?

I think you're missing the point. There is no chicken without the genetic material that makes the chicken. All the genetic material that made up the very first Chicken came from that very first egg.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

None, they didn't magically appear outta nowhere :S

The chicken evolved

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

Originally posted by scaramoosh
    None, they didn't magically appear outta nowhere :S
    The chicken evolved

OMG.. yes the chicken evolved but that evolution first occured in THE EGG!

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    It's true; The first chicken was the mutant offspring of a pigeon and turkey.
  • h4x0rn4bsk1h4x0rn4bsk1 Member Posts: 82
    Dodo's look like chickens too, they can't fly, and when you chop their head of, they will continue walking for a few seconds. But they lived in S. America, chickens are from Europe and Asia, now they live everywhere tough.

We sure do love chicken here.

KFC!

Inactive:

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    I would say that from both a creationist and evolutionist point of view, the egg came first.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Yes, all about evelution, but when you really believe in God badly, I don't, then lately things like this becomes a problem. With the new techniques, we can go back more and more in the past, and we know more and more about how we were, par example, 60000 years ago. So, will there be a time, when science wins it from religion?

Inactive:

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    The chicken came before the egg. How would the chicken in the egg obtain their traits?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• AwakenedAwakened Member UncommonPosts: 595

My penis gave birth to the world.

What greater tribute to free will than the power to question the highest of authority? What greater display of loyalty than blind faith? What greater gift than free will? What greater love than loyalty?

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Chicken before the egg, religiously speaking...

Originally posted by Joshua69
    What if you didn't spoke religiously? Would it be the egg? Would it be a science victory? Would it be crap? Would it be pineapple pie?

Still, I think the egg was first, I don't believe in those reliegious fairytales...

Inactive:

• baileygreatbaileygreat Member Posts: 5
    I believe it was the egg that came first as well, religiously speaking for me.

• cornoffcobcornoffcob Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by Awakened
    My penis gave birth to the world.
    That would be one rather large kidney stoneimage

I hope some day we can all put aside our racisms and prejudices and just laugh at people

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    Chicken first, ;p

• JasmineRoseJasmineRose Member Posts: 178

Its pretty obvious if you believe in the Creation. God created everything, he created  all living creatures man and beast, trees,grass ect ect.  When the Earth flooded god told Noah to take 2 of each animal on the Ark ( male and female) so that they can reproduce.   Plus he took a few other people so that they can reproduce as well ( but thats a different story.) Anyhow that tells us that the chicken came 1st.image

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    Oh.. shit... not another evolution debate.

Draenor, you're wrong.  image

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Reluctant as i am to join in ANOTHER pointless Evolution v Creationism, id have to say that considering all chickens hatch from eggs its logical to assume that the Egg came first.

I wont even bother explaining why i think it is this way as its pretty obviouse.

Originally posted by Joshua69

untrue, you make the assumption that Chickens were among the first birds to be created...since I don't know when chickens actually speciated and began to deviate from the promethian(the one from which they all originate) species I would have to say that other birds were laying eggs before chickens came into the picture.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Originally posted by Xexima

I didn't think that I would have to explain speciation...but okay.

Just because we believe that God placed animals in their current form upon the Earth does not mean that we believe that God put one of every type of animal on the Earth.  In otherwords, creationists don't contend that God origionally created polar bears, kodiac bears, brown bears, black bears, and Grizzly bears.  We don't have to contend that because of genetic variability.  All of those bears share the same genetic information, it's just a matter of which genetic information is active, and latent.  And all of them originate from a promethian species(in other words, the origional bears, and yes, this is fact not theory)  With that in mind, it's the same thing with Birds...just because you have chickens, doesn't mean that chickens were around during the creation.  It just means that they speciated somewhere along the lines.  It's not additional genetic information being added to the bird, because the information was already present.

So the reason that I said that the egg came first?  Because chickens in all reality weren't around at the creation, therefore other birds were laying eggs that giving birth to NON chickens long before chickens speciated.

So no, I'm not wrong.

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Draenor
    Originally posted by Xexima

I didn't think that I would have to explain speciation...but okay.

Just because we believe that God placed animals in their current form upon the Earth does not mean that we believe that God put one of every type of animal on the Earth.  In otherwords, creationists don't contend that God origionally created polar bears, kodiac bears, brown bears, black bears, and Grizzly bears.  We don't have to contend that because of genetic variability.  All of those bears share the same genetic information, it's just a matter of which genetic information is active, and latent.  And all of them originate from a promethian species(in other words, the origional bears, and yes, this is fact not theory)  With that in mind, it's the same thing with Birds...just because you have chickens, doesn't mean that chickens were around during the creation.  It just means that they speciated somewhere along the lines.  It's not additional genetic information being added to the bird, because the information was already present.

So the reason that I said that the egg came first?  Because chickens in all reality weren't around at the creation, therefore other birds were laying eggs that giving birth to NON chickens long before chickens speciated.

So no, I'm not wrong.

I hadn't read your earlier post.. I was just making a joke man.