Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMOG has the best combat?

FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
What do ya think?

IMHO.. best is City of Heroes/Villains, ie CoX.

Comments

• M_DoomhammerM_Doomhammer Member Posts: 33

OK, for me its Eve, allthough to be fair, i only play(ed) EQ, WoW, DaoC, CoH/V, and Eve from that list so i cant compare it to the rest.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    I said CoX because from level 1 you feel like a superhero. That and unlike almost every other MMOG where you have 3-4 powers to really use even at mid level (half do to upgrading powers that are the same, just more powerful, half that are only usefull during certain situations) but in CoH you have a dousen or more powers to meet every situation by level 30. On top of that the combat is very fast (even higher end battles last but seconds per mob) and your never just fighting one mob or two at a time, maybe 4 in a group. Your fighting 3 or 6 at a time and 20+ at a time in a group. It's VERY fast action and a tun of fun, which is a good thing cause it's pretty much all their is to the game for now (until the next big patch, but that wont be till summer likely.)

• David99David99 Member Posts: 224
    AC1 - projectiles don't auto seek, you can actually dodge things and combat (especially PVP) takes skill.

IMHO besides being able to dodge, and the cool magic system of AC1, the rest of the combat system was rather bad. But hell thats just my opinion. But it goes the same for AC2 as well, though AC2's system was quite different.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    City of Heroes/Villains. Combat is the only thing to do in the game, and it was enough to keep me hooked for a few months. It was fast and just very well done.
  • treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    COX far and away has the smoothest combat imo.  When it was first released it was lacking but with each patch it seems to bring stuff that I wanted into the game.  The next patch with inventions is gonna be great, I stay for the combat but I look forward to more in the future.

peace

• My vote goes to Ragnarok Online with a hentai mod.
  • FaurFaur Member Posts: 330
    I would have a hard time deciding between CoX, GW, and Eve.

It's too bad that there is no greater purpose to pvp in the two former games. I did it for a few weeks and got that "the sims" type feeling where the novelty wears off, and you wonder what the point is.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by nethaniah
    My vote goes to Ragnarok Online with a hentai mod.

Mine too image

Still, those options blow.  Nearly all of them have the same exact combat gameplay.  Where is the diversity?  Like Planetside or Space Cowboy.

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860
    I grudingly voted for CoX. I feel that that MMO has a lot of flaws I'm sure spellborn or some other next gen MMO will change this.

Originally posted by treysmooth
    COX far and away has the smoothest combat imo.  When it was first released it was lacking but with each patch it seems to bring stuff that I wanted into the game.  The next patch with inventions is gonna be great, I stay for the combat but I look forward to more in the future.

peace

QFT the newest patch adds some stuff but I9 will have more with inventions. :D

To the guy who said the options suck, this poll contains the most played MMOG's currently out there, or there bouts. True several of them are similar, thus the 'Other' catagory.

Hey vajeras(sp) whens the last time you played CoX? If it was very early on, it's changed and improved a great deal.

• tubelighttubelight Member UncommonPosts: 276
    damn no option for Real Life? :( anywayz, imo PvP only makes sense when you have something to lose if you die thats why i vote for EVE :)

• XApotheosisXXApotheosisX Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by M_Doomhammer

OK, for me its Eve, allthough to be fair, i only play(ed) EQ, WoW, DaoC, CoH/V, and Eve from that list so i cant compare it to the rest.

I never saw how you could have a space combat game without twitch combat.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    WoW has a extremly fluid combat system IMO.. sadly the game sucks :[

• I chose other because i really like Phantasy Star Universe (most of the other games I haven't tried). I really want to try City of Heros or City of Villans tho I heard it was fun. image
  • BlackRozeBlackRoze Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Precusor
    WoW has a extremly fluid combat system IMO.. sadly the game sucks :[

my thoughts exactly..guild wars has some pretty kewl moves as well as a skill based combat system( in my opinion at least) stradegy if chosen over blunt force in this game and i think that is wut a lot of other mmo's are missing......my stradegies are taken from the Art Of War.......awesome book

Death's Little Helper, Watch your ass

Ok who's been out-voting CoX and not writing down what game they think has better combat? Cause it doesn't.. none of them :p

• DrumwizDrumwiz Member Posts: 217
    I dunno how it is now because i don't play it anymore, but when it first came out The matrix ONline was pretty darn exciting combat(at least the interlock fighting), although it had some animation issue's...
  • paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    guildwars, and eve.  though I do prefere guildwars combat more.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• CasasCasas Member Posts: 4
    Voted for City of X... the combat is quite fun speccially when you are in a party but to be honest it gets repetitive after a while, but that happens to every mmorpg imo ... Wish they added more different animations for combat... more interaction bettwen the player and the monsters.
  • SBC3SBC3 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 372
    I had to vote other I love the combat in RYL1 and RYL2
  • ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by XApotheosisX
    Originally posted by M_Doomhammer
    OK, for me its Eve, allthough to be fair, i only play(ed) EQ, WoW, DaoC, CoH/V, and Eve from that list so i cant compare it to the rest.
    I never saw how you could have a space combat game without twitch combat.

Quite easily, as it's been done dozens, if not hundreds, possibly thousands, of times.

Chris Mattern