Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why are the uk's laws against criminals so lame??

2»

Comments

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Originally posted by Khuzarrz

And seriously baff, get some personal security! A couple of cameras won't cost you more than these break-ins must, and once you have their faces the police have no excuse.

That doesn't stop them unfortunately. They can use masks are enter the building from a direction camera's don't point. Last time they just smashed their way through a wall to avoid the security. And the police will always have an excuse. And even with photographic evidence, they are not going to raid the Pikey camp. The law doesn't apply to politicians, pikey's and policemen.

Anyway if it'anot one thing it's another round here. Currently my library is on fire.

@Xexima, 16 is an adult here, 15 is a minor.

• zakk_zakk_ Member Posts: 438
    lawyers rock.We all need an army of pencil-necks deciding who punched
    who first in those liberty depriving watering hole fracas.get back to
    work you plebs.

• KhuzarrzKhuzarrz Member Posts: 578

Originally posted by baff
    Originally posted by Khuzarrz

And seriously baff, get some personal security! A couple of cameras won't cost you more than these break-ins must, and once you have their faces the police have no excuse.

That doesn't stop them unfortunately. They can use masks are enter the building from a direction camera's don't point. Last time they just smashed their way through a wall to avoid the security. And the police will always have an excuse. And even with photographic evidence, they are not going to raid the Pikey camp. The law doesn't apply to politicians, pikey's and policemen.

Hmmm... Start paying them protection money? :P

Anyway if it'anot one thing it's another round here. Currently my library is on fire.

I couldn't help but laugh my arse off at that... Library... Fire... I'd kill for that to happen here... And not just because the head librarian is a feministic b*tch. Arson, or what?

@Xexima, 16 is an adult here, 15 is a minor.

Hmmm... Not sure I agree entirely here. At 16 you still legally must have a primary guardian. You're not free to go on college trips without their signed consent, nor are you free to move out without social services being involved... By law at 16 you don't have all of the priviledges you would expect with adulthood (the right to drink/vote/be a politician/drive/etc)... In some regards 16 is in an adult, but I'll be damned if us 16 year olds are ever treated as such....

At 16 your an adult. You go to adult prison. You can work and get a job and get married and leave home.etc.

No Arson here. Chimney fire. I caught it just as all the oak panelling burst into flames. The whole house smells of aromatic wood.

As for paying protection money? With what? I think Tony Martin had the right idea. When it's not important, you can back down or let people push you around. But when it's important or when they back you into a corner, you have to take a stand. 

Prison won't kill me. And I don't think I'd even go.

It will end violently, or as is more likely just continue as it is. I never see them and the odds are I never will.

• KhuzarrzKhuzarrz Member Posts: 578
    Depends what area you're in. A lot of areas have prisons for those 16-21, and then seperate ones for 21+ as far as I know... At least, that's what I've understood from all this talk of Youth Detention Centres/Prisons... You can't get married without parental permission, nor can you leave home. Your parents/guardians are still responsible for you, and you still by law have to rely on them for permissions and things. I'd say you're only an adult when you don't have to have a parent/guardian to do anything.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Heres a few wierd laws i found.

Cleveland, Ohio - It is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license!

Chicago, Illinois - It is illegal to give a dog whiskey.

Montana - It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.

Massachusetts - It is illegal to frighten a pigeon.

Minnesota - A person may not cross state lines with a duck on top of his head.

Baltimore, Maryland - It's illegal to take a lion to the movies.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Parking for over two hours is forbidden unless a horse is tied to the car.

Memphis, Tennessee - It is illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM.