Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Client/patch issues

DarniusOnasiDarniusOnasi Member Posts: 37
I've not played since June this year which means i have version 2.10.3913.

I've tried autopatching, but every single time i get the "failed verfication" rubbish and it just asks me to try again. Is this because the autopatcher doesn't like to patch up vastly different versions? For example, taking a 2.10 into 2.11 or 2.13 territory.

I've also tried to download the 3913 -> latest patch (being the Revelations one) and that just won't start to download at all. Any ideas why that is?

So that left me with downloading the client in full and uninstalling my current client in order to install the new one. If possible i want to avoid doing this, but if i have to i need to know what it is i have to keep.
Do i need to keep the settings folder or prefs.ini or both from the cache? (In order to keep my windows positioned as i like them and bookmarks all in the correct folders etc.)

I wouldn't usually care about this but i have over 300 BMs all self-made and although most of those instas are now unneccessary, i'd still like to easily locate the non-insta BMs. :)

Thanks guys.

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

hopefully somebody can come along with the knowledge of how to move you saved stuff over.  (mybe you can find that on their forums)

but other than that it's looking like you need a client re-install :(  i can't think of anything that could fix the problem you are having....  don't forget to check the EvE forums too on that issue too.  sounds like you might not have broadband :p  would hate to waste all that time.

• DarniusOnasiDarniusOnasi Member Posts: 37
    Don't worry, i do have broadband! And i don't mind downloading things several times for them to work.

Maybe it's because i have Firefox....

Admittedly i did try it on Internet Explorer but i didn't allow it long enough to work as i'd probably be downloading four or five viruses along with it, haha.

I've checked the EVE forums before posting here, but maybe i'll check again more thoroughly. I'm not bothered too much if i have to have a reinstall, just annoyed that there's (so far) no explanation for why this is happening!

Thanks anyway loeslein!