Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Getting back in to?

I've read that they have done a lot of changes since the NGE, like giving back unique builds within the actual class. Is this enough to save the game, have they done it for all the classes yet? I'm truly interested as I have several crafters spread across many a galaxy and crafting high end supplies was amazingly worth it at one point, but now that munitions have gone through the shitter with all these looted weapons I had lost all hope.

With the lack of decay is a chef the only profitable crafter anymore? Just wondering if it looks better since the NGE. I played the first month or so of the NGE and it just blew hard.

Just looking for feedback both ways, those who currently play and those who went back and played and have now quit again (what made you quit again besides the obvious).

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

If you're mostly interested in crafting then nothing has really changed with that since the NGE first hit.  Crafters are next to recieve their revamp which should happen in around February.

As it is now, Armoursmith and Shipwright are probably the more profitable professions.  The entire Structures (Shipwright & Architect) profession hasn't really changed since they were first added to the game back Pre-CU.

• Hmm, I may get back in if the crafter revamp is coming up in febuary. Was just so ticked with the item drops beating out crafted weapons.

May have to check it out, thanks for the info about the crafter revamp coming up.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by Obraik

If you're mostly interested in crafting then nothing has really changed with that since the NGE first hit.  Crafters are next to recieve their revamp which should happen in around February.

Well, that sucks.  One of the best features of SWG was the dynamic crafting.  When the NGE hit it destroyed ever single likeable aspect of the game for me, especially crafting. 

When John Smedley came on and said it would be "6 months" till the game was polished and complete I had renewed interest. 

I came back during the first NGE-CU that removed weapons from being static props that were dependant upon the character level to inflict dmg; a lvl 1 CDEF did the same dmg as a lvl 90 weapon.  I found Officer the most fun even though I was unable to kill two level 40 creatures at level 90.  The effects from the specials were/are awesome!

Now that it's been a little over a year since the NGE was rushed out I look back at what "might have been".  Players are still waiting for revamps on promises that were given years ago.  With crafting removed from the game as a viable roll only the entertainer, and Creature Handler, are worse off.

It's going to be 15 months from the NGE being pushed out till all the current 9 professions are even close to having playable features installed.  I think someone seriously messed up. 

I hope everyone playing SWG makes a smooth transistion to the next "fun" game.  Personaly, fun and SOE are contradictory.

p.s.  "IF" the game was "polished in 6 months" as allegded by John Smedley I must say I would more then likely be playing it.  I've played a total of 2 months since the NGE and while seing some improvements we must acknowledge that it's impossible to get worse then the oxymoronic labling of "New Game Enhancements".  There's either up or out, they already failed.

• RekkaraRekkara Member Posts: 62
    The NGE with all of its changes are like a WoW want to be. So, if you like the changes you will really like WoW. :(
  • KillerJimmyKillerJimmy Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by Rekkara
    The NGE with all of its changes are like a WoW want to be. So, if you like the changes you will really like WoW. :(

Poor $OE forgot one small thing when they were copying WoW: polish. If WoW was developed by $OE it would fail, not over mechanics but over being in a paying beta for 4 years. When gaming companies learn that the little things do matter, they make 1 billion on a single game release.
  • ThalosVipavThalosVipav Member Posts: 273

Depends on what yer looking for.

If you are a Pre-CU player such as myself and are trying to go back with the memories of what was, you will be very disappointed. I have gone back a couple of times through free trails and the biggest glaring problem I saw was the lack of community. When I stoped playing the population was much greater and that was what made the game for me...the community. I know there will be posts saying the population is growing and theres tons of people playing. I can only say what I saw and that was a very small population compaired to what I am use to. By small I mean I saw 5 people on a friday night.

If you are looking to come back into it just to play SWG. I cant give an opinion. I havent played the NGE enough to make a judgement from then to now. From what I have heard, it's much better. But I have also heard that there are ALOT of things still very wrong with alot of aspects of the game. From what I saw, SOE has tried to put WoW onto a Star Wars frame and not doing a good job of it.

Just my opinion though, take it for whats its worth.

Thalos Vipav

Jedi Knight

Master Pikeman

Guild Leader

<forceably retired due to New Game Enhancements>

Thalos Vipav
    Star Wars Galaxies: R.I.P.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    There is no question server pops are down. Maybe as much as 70%. That said, if you know what servers to go to, you can have population. From a gamers perspective, low pops can be made up for. While before maybe 10 servers were busy, now maybe 3. I played Ahazi, it was never slammed like the bigger ones were, just steady and medium.
    Still, there is no interaction, not the way there used to be. I might get 6 tells a week now. I used to get that in 5 minutes. People were active among one another. There is little need. A server cap polysteel spawned on Ahazi, I got it on the first day but I watched and it was 3 days old before any harvs showed up around me. That would never have happened 2 years ago. If there was an uber, people knew the hour it hit. Nobody is in to the game any more. People are there, come and go and head for thier main on the server they left it on. So nothing really changes. The game dies a slow death.
  • RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

Originally posted by Rekkara

I disagree, even the graphics of SWG are way better than WoW.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by mindspat

Originally posted by Obraik

Well, that sucks.  One of the best features of SWG was the dynamic crafting.  When the NGE hit it destroyed ever single likeable aspect of the game for me, especially crafting. 

When John Smedley came on and said it would be "6 months" till the game was polished and complete I had renewed interest. 

I came back during the first NGE-CU that removed weapons from being static props that were dependant upon the character level to inflict dmg; a lvl 1 CDEF did the same dmg as a lvl 90 weapon.  I found Officer the most fun even though I was unable to kill two level 40 creatures at level 90.  The effects from the specials were/are awesome!

Now that it's been a little over a year since the NGE was rushed out I look back at what "might have been".  Players are still waiting for revamps on promises that were given years ago.  With crafting removed from the game as a viable roll only the entertainer, and Creature Handler, are worse off.

It's going to be 15 months from the NGE being pushed out till all the current 9 professions are even close to having playable features installed.  I think someone seriously messed up. 

I hope everyone playing SWG makes a smooth transistion to the next "fun" game.  Personaly, fun and SOE are contradictory.

p.s.  "IF" the game was "polished in 6 months" as allegded by John Smedley I must say I would more then likely be playing it.  I've played a total of 2 months since the NGE and while seing some improvements we must acknowledge that it's impossible to get worse then the oxymoronic labling of "New Game Enhancements".  There's either up or out, they already failed.

Hey Spat hope your well...

But as you know SOME of us said this from the start and tried very very very hard to get people to listen to us...

Sure being right in the end is nice, but really... I hate that some of us ended up this way.

You know as well as I do that I AT ONE TIME loved this game... the NGE just ruined so much for so many of us.

Crafting to Jedi... they fucked this up.    I just read my email dialog I had with Mr. Smedley from back then and now and wonder how many people sent him real emails asking him not to do this... THEN only to get one back now saying HE WISHED he never did this.

No matter what, we know what version of the game was better... that is just common sense.   Now all you have left is people ACCEPTING things instead of EXPECTING them.

I tried so so very hard, so did many others in stopping this or getting it reversed but once Raph and others left.. that was the boat setting sail.   

In the end we all suffered and paid for it,  we loved what was ONCE A WORLD BUT IS NOT JUST A VERY BUGGY GAME..