Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iraq, afghanistan etc

should we pull our troops out of these countries?

Comments

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Flawed poll, did not give an option just for Iraq or Afghanistan.

And yes they should pull out of Iraq, it's win / win if they do.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

No

Stay the course and finish what we originally intended to do.  There is no other option.

It is a war between 27 million and 10,000; 27 million Iraqis who want to live lives of freedom, opportunity and prosperity and roughly 10,000 terrorists who are either Saddam revanchists, Iraqi Islamic extremists or al Qaeda foreign fighters who know their f**ked up causes will be set back if Iraq becomes free and modern.

If the terrorists win, they will most likely strike us directly again and to further undermine the growing stability and progress in the Middle East, which has long been a major American national and economic security priority.

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo

Wrong. I'm completely against the invasion but I have to agree with outofctrl on this one, we have to stay and finish the job.

Leave now, and Iraq will fall into a civil war.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

Originally posted by Anageth

Wrong. I'm completely against the invasion but I have to agree with outofctrl on this one, we have to stay and finish the job.

Why I disagree from a nationalistic perspective:

What would a civil war REALLY do?

1- Region wide conflict in the ME.  The effect, Sunni and Shia would need to fight each other.  Islamic Terrorists go to the Middle East to fight and my country wins the war on terror because the other side withdrew from it.

2- My country is the biggest Arms dealer in the world, 3 words:  Oil For Guns.

3- Devide and conquer.  Eventually, the sides involved in that conflict are going to need outside support, they need our support.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

OFCOURSE WE SHOULD PULL OUT ALL THE TROOPS!!!!!

Then launch a dozen nukes and eradicate all life in the region.

Flawed poll, did not give an option just for Iraq or Afghanistan.And yes they should pull out of Iraq, it's win / win if they do.
    Wrong. I'm completely against the invasion but I have to agree with outofctrl on this one, we have to stay and finish the job. Leave now, and Iraq will fall into a civil war.

1- Region wide conflict in the ME.  The effect, Sunni and Shia would need to fight each other.  Islamic Terrorists go to the Middle East to fight and my country wins the war on terror because the other side withdrew from it.

3- Devide and conquer.  Eventually, the sides involved in that conflict are going to need outside support, they need our support.

Sorry but 2 is totally incorrect. Russia is the biggest arms dealer in the world. We are actually a distant 3rd.
    3 is also incorrect. If you nuke them there will be only 1 side standing.

Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo Flawed poll, did not give an option just for Iraq or Afghanistan.And yes they should pull out of Iraq, it's win / win if they do.

If you think there is a finish to this job you're a bigger idiot than Bush. There is no finish until we leave and let them settle it for themselves. It's not going to be pretty but then war never is. The only option is to give them all guns and let them kill each other until they're tired of it and learn to get along.

We went to Iraq to take out Saddam and give the Iraqi's a chance to govern themselves. We've taken out Saddam now it's time to let them decide what kind of country they want to live in. We don't belong there anymore. It's now internal politics. The stronger side will determine the future. As it should be. Let the innocents die and let the warriors battle. That's the only solution.

Originally posted by Copeland
    OFCOURSE WE SHOULD PULL OUT ALL THE TROOPS!!!!!Then launch a dozen nukes and eradicate all life in the region.
    1- Then the Pakistan smuggles a nuke into our country.
    2- We lose 1/4 of the world's oil production and have a world wide depression.
    3- Anarchy, the whole world wide social structure falls.

You know what?  That is a good Idea, I'm for reshuffling the deck a bit...

Wrong. I'm completely against the invasion but I have to agree with outofctrl on this one, we have to stay and finish the job. Leave now, and Iraq will fall into a civil war.

Sorry but 2 is totally incorrect. Russia is the biggest arms dealer in the world. We are actually a distant 3rd.
    3 is also incorrect. If you nuke them there will be only 1 side standing.

Let me re-phrase that then, we are the biggest dealer of quality arms.

OFCOURSE WE SHOULD PULL OUT ALL THE TROOPS!!!!!Then launch a dozen nukes and eradicate all life in the region.

Sounds like a good scenario to me. Actually neither Pakistan nor anyone else would retaliate. They're as sick of this crap as we are.

OFCOURSE WE SHOULD PULL OUT ALL THE TROOPS!!!!!
    Then launch a dozen nukes and eradicate all life in the region.

Sounds like a good scenario to me. Actually neither Pakistan nor anyone else would retaliate. They're as sick of this crap as we are.

Nuking their holy land?  Are you sure?  But either way cool, number one is not really needed for number 3, the one I like.

Originally posted by PyscoJuggaloOriginally posted by Copeland

Nuking their holy land?  Are you sure?  But either way cool, number one is not really needed for number 3, the one I like.

I don't believe Pakistans military leadership gives 2 cents for Islam. They care more about the money coming in from trade with the USA than anything.

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

I'm pretty certain Saddam should have been our one and only target, we shoulda given the Iraqis some starting stuff, and watch them with covert agents instead of lumbering armies. There are just too many terrorist cells and opposition to be effective at the present time.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.