Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's so great about Kali again?

MylonMylon Member Posts: 975
I thought Kali (Or Revelations, whatever) was going to make research and manufacture more interesting, as in customizable components and such.  Instead, we get the ability to get Tech 2 BPCs.  It's not enough that there's a significant labor investment involved in getting these BPCs, but they're also less efficient than BPOs, which further increases the cost of producing anything with these.  So the cost of T2 stuff goes down enough to undercut these BPC hunters and make it worthless for them to proceed, but the BPO holders still hold the monopoly and the whole of the manufacturing game is unchanged.

Sure, wreckage is nice (fleets could always have tag-along scrappers that shadow the warships to enhance the loot), but not that big of an issue.  Extra ships really don't add that much to the game as a whole.  Just more numbers to throw around.

I was very tempted to get back into Eve with this expansion, but it doesn't hold the R&D changes I hoped it would.  Sigh.

Comments

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    well, you have to consider that it's all an epeen thing.  90% of all changes will be to enhance gankfests.  they've made a few changes so that combat will take longer, but i don't think that's going to change the bully-pvp mentality.

it'll still be, if you want to solo pvp, you'll have to be in a .4 and ganking rookies.  when the major thing every corp has to brag about is a killboard, you honestly can't expect there to be tons of social/trade/science additions to the game.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

image At the op

You should actully play the game for more than 13 hours because thats how long the expansion has been live you know. There is tons of stuff for the inventor in there you just have to find it.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    what kind of tons of stuff?  patch notes state that even if you use the invented bpcs, they're far less efficient and slow than bpos.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Originally posted by damian7
    what kind of tons of stuff?  patch notes state that even if you use the invented bpcs, they're far less efficient and slow than bpos.

Yeah it's really just a slight, very slight, broadening of the T2 area.  Without seeding a lot more T2 BPOs, the T2 market will remain essentially a cartel, and it appears CCP likes it that way, because they aren't changing it much.

On the other hand, you can make a lot of money making, buying and selling T1 kit if you are smart about it.  One of my old corpmates has a T1 kit operation in high sec space and makes a LOT of ISK with it, contrary to popular belief about T1 manufacturing and trade.
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Novaseeker
    Originally posted by damian7
    what
    kind of tons of stuff?  patch notes state that even if you use the
    invented bpcs, they're far less efficient and slow than bpos.
    Yeah it's really just a slight, very slight, broadening of the T2
    area.  Without seeding a lot more T2 BPOs, the T2 market will
    remain essentially a cartel, and it appears CCP likes it that way,
    because they aren't changing it much.

On the other hand, you can
    make a lot of money making, buying and selling T1 kit if you are smart
    about it.  One of my old corpmates has a T1 kit operation in high
    sec space and makes a LOT of ISK with it, contrary to popular belief
    about T1 manufacturing and trade.

They are
    planning on releasing a large amount of all T2 BPO's shortly to
    compensate for dead accounts holding them and those that are going