Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PLz Help me out! nice people~~~

erezzzerezzz Member Posts: 17
ok this post is for the all guild wars players.
im thinking of buying guild wars nightfall and i wanna kno if its a good game that worth the money cuz ive never played p2p mmorpg... so i wanna kno if i should start with guild wars and if not wat game is the best(not monthley fees) ok... and another question how u controll and atk with your char with mouse or keyboard(walk and etc.)
and last question if i buy guildwars nightfall ill hav the chars from guild wars(original) factions and nightfall??? i mean all the chars..? andd last thing what 1 of them is the best???? plz answer fast cuz its night now and i wanna buy it tomarrow after school many thnaks!!!imageimageimage

Comments

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

1- all guildwars chapters have 6 core profecions , from the first chapter and 2 aditional profecions on each expancion.

2 - the movement is WASD , and move camara with mouse while holding down right clic

3 - i think you should start with nightfall

im a guildwars fan , i have all 3 chapters , so yes , i think this game rocks

if you buy more then one chapter merge them into the same acount , its th best thing to do.

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

As a nostalgic, I must vote Prophecies despite its flaws. Rurik for life.

• AnathemusAnathemus Member Posts: 13

Same here, i found prophecies so much better story than others, perhaps cause it was the first... maybe, but theres that Epic feeling about it

Factions is Asian-oriented and Nightfall Africa-oriented

but if you're looking towards gameplay, start with nigthfall.

Prophecies is better for farming imo.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    I started with prophecies, never finished it, went into nightfalls,
    quickly got my heroes without realy spending much time there then moved
    to factions for great level 20 action/missions.

Basicaly, I like prophecies for its story, nightfall for Heroes(much better then henchman) and Factions for missions

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• Originally posted by jimmyman99
    I started with prophecies, never finished it, went into nightfalls, quickly got my heroes without realy spending much time there then moved to factions for great level 20 action/missions.

Basicaly, I like prophecies for its story, nightfall for Heroes(much better then henchman) and Factions for missions

I like the NF missions the best as they have novel and interesting aspects to them that make them more than just dungeon crawls.  The fortress seige for instance.  But I like em all.

Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by jimmyman99
    I
    started with prophecies, never finished it, went into nightfalls,
    quickly got my heroes without realy spending much time there then moved
    to factions for great level 20 action/missions.

I like the NF missions the best as they have novel and interesting
    aspects to them that make them more than just dungeon crawls.  The
    fortress seige for instance.  But I like em all.

Is NF only PvE or does it have PvP like Factions too? Right now im working on getting 10000 Luxon faction points.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    imageimage

• Sean3000Sean3000 Member Posts: 6
    I played Guild Wars for a little over a year and here are some things i've discovered...
    -For all you PVPers out there, this is the game for you....image
    -There is a story, but in general it's crap and rushed through....image
    -The level cap of 20 requires little effort to obtain....(Not a good thing imo)image
    -The community is complete crap with the exception of a few guilds, but most people are just out there on there own and you'll see nothing but "i want to buy this or sell that" in towns.....image
    -Allthough it's not pay monthly if you plan to keep up to date with the expantions they plan to have every 6-9 months then it will end up costing the same amound as your average month to month mmorpg....image

For the most part Guild Wars is a hack'n slash game and has no greater point in it than get in a good guild and kill other guilds over and over. If your a big PVPer and you like simple and streight forward games go get this now, but if your looking for a friendly community and something that isnt the same thing over and over again I would not advise getting this. With the impressive areas and charicters this game has really been presented in a way that makes it look a lot better than it is.

This is a deffinate try before you buy imo, after playing for a year I wish i had not gotten that addition, it's really dissapointed me.   image

I hope this helps.image

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Lets say you do buy the new campaigns that come out once every six months.  thats $50 over 6 months...

($50)/(6 months) = $8.3 per month

$8.3 is still less than most MMORPGs.  That isnt even taking into account all the expansions that most MMORPGs put out.  Plus unlike some MMORPGs where you have to buy the expansions because the expansions raise the level cap or give you uber items, ANet has had a pretty strict policy of keeping skills, items, and level even across all campaigns.

In fact, just to make things more accurate, lets add in expansions.  Everquest 2 has been out for 25 months now.  Over that time, it has released 3 expansions ($40 each) and 3 adventure packs ($8 each).  That is:

(3*$40+3*$8)/(25 months) + $15/(1 month)= $20.75 more per month

So where Everquest 2 has cost its followers (those who buy all expansions) $20.75 per month, Guild Wars has cost its followers (those who buy all campaigns) only $8.30 per month.

Of course, this is ridiculous, because EQ2 adds more content to its game per month than GW does, so maybe it all evens out, or at least it becomes extremely subjective once youve added in the factors of customer services and quality of the game.  image  But still, hehe... I forgot what I was ranting about now.  Oh well.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Originally posted by wormywyrm
    Lets say you do buy the new campaigns that come out once every six months.  thats $50 over 6 months... ($50)/(6 months) = $8.3 per month $8.3
    is still less than most MMORPGs.  That isnt even taking into
    account all the expansions that most MMORPGs put out.  Plus unlike
    some MMORPGs where you have to buy the expansions because the
    expansions raise the level cap or give you uber items, ANet has had a
    pretty strict policy of keeping skills, items, and level even across
    all campaigns. In fact, just to make things more accurate, lets
    add in expansions.  Everquest 2 has been out for 25 months
    now.  Over that time, it has released 3 expansions ($40
    each) and 3 adventure packs ($8 each).  That is: (3*$40+3*$8)/(25 months) + $15/(1 month)= $20.75 more per month So
    where Everquest 2 has cost its followers (those who buy all
    expansions) $20.75 per month, Guild Wars has cost its followers
    (those who buy all campaigns) only $8.30 per month. Of course,
    this is ridiculous, because EQ2 adds more content to its game per month
    than GW does, so maybe it all evens out, or at least it becomes
    extremely subjective once youve added in the factors of customer
    services and quality of the game.  image  But still, hehe... I forgot what I was ranting about now.  Oh well.

Great info there.

EQ2 comparison is probly the most radical comparison (only EQ2 has
    these paid mini expansions), but generaly speaking its true that most
    MMOs (not all, but MOST) do charge for full expansions. but in
    comparison to all other MMOs, GW's expansions should not be counted as
    one. Its a Stand alone game. Yes, they are interconnected with each
    other, but you CAN buy either one and still play it.

There is no doubt that GW is one of the cheapest games around, but it
    is that cheap becuase it sacrificed some immersion by instanciating
    everything except for towns. Since zones are being run on player's
    computers, they dont have crazy bills for server maintainance and inet
    traffic. This is a great way to make games. Now Im not pressured into
    subscribing to GW like i am with other games. I play whenever I want to
    play. I only wish other games would have something similar (pay per
    hour or something like that).

imageimage

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    EQ2 comparison is probly the most radical comparison (only EQ2 has these paid mini expansions)

image  Hell yea, thats why I chose it image

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

I'd say start with either Guild Wars or Nightfall. First one may be cheaper, Nightfall is a bit better IMO. The Heroes seem to make people wanna solo early on, but from what I've heard the late game content makes people want to party up.

As for sacrificing imersion, I don't think that's totally acurate. WoW didn't have the instanced world like GW, but I almost never ran into anyone and 99% of those people I DID run into didn't want to group up (which was a bad idea anyway since that killed your experience) and most didn't even want to talk to a lowly scrub like me. So, honestly it wasn't any different in that way to GW but it was a lot more expensive.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

Originally posted by VGJustice
    I'd say
    start with either Guild Wars or Nightfall. First one may be cheaper,
    Nightfall is a bit better IMO. The Heroes seem to make people wanna
    solo early on, but from what I've heard the late game content makes
    people want to party up.As for sacrificing imersion, I don't
    think that's totally acurate. WoW didn't have the instanced world like
    GW, but I almost never ran into anyone and 99% of those people I DID
    run into didn't want to group up (which was a bad idea anyway since
    that killed your experience) and most didn't even want to talk to a
    lowly scrub like me. So, honestly it wasn't any different in that way
    to GW but it was a lot more expensive.

I agree
    with the Prophecies/Nightfall, either one is good although Id preffer
    nightfalls just to get those heroes (much more fun then standard
    uncustomized henchman).

Regarding immersion, I guess my idea of immersion is just meeting a
    player character, maybe saying Hi, maybe grouping up with him(which I
    rarily do, but sometimes i am in a mood to help or get helped), maybe
    ask him directions or just heal him when hes in trouble ( I actualy
    realy love healing people in desperate need ) or maybe just ignoring
    him. To actualy see people interact with environment is a reward on its
    own. But I understand what you mean, sometimes that kind of "immersion"
    is not rewarding at all. Interactions between players can go either
    way, be productive and rewarding, be unproductive (and often offencive)
    or neither. As an optimist, id rather have both good and bad sides,
    then neither.

imageimage

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    @jimmyman99

I totally agree with your definition of immersion.  I played Guild Wars for a bit over a year (still play but only about an hour a week tops) and now play FFXI Online.  I found it so weird that random people would come along and just heal me as I was fighting as I'd never experienced this.  I now do this as well when I see someone running, I tell them to stop and I help them out.  The sense of community in games like FFXI is a lot better because you have no choice but to be nice.  If you are a prick, you wont get very far unless you wanna spend a LOOOOONG time trying to solo that game.  Guild Wars has no sense of community since you can use Henchmen for everything (and now Heroes) and all you see in towns are WTS spam ads.

I am, however, going to get Nightfall as it seems very intersting and I hear a LOT of good reviews for it.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

I can understand that mentality of "I can be a prick and it doesn't matter" in GW. But, since the game really needs players eventually (unless you're fairly skilled, IMO) which means you gotta play nice or watch people ditch you. Playing Monk, I've actually refused to heal people that were being stupid or being jerks to other players. I don't like seeing it, and I don't put up with it. It's not like they're the only team I'll ever see. If they really tick me off, I'll just (politely) leave.

And when I played WoW, I did come accross that mentality of "be nice to the people around you" and I saw that a lot. I even participated in that (lots of people appreciate being enchanted by a Druid on the fly) but to me it badly felt like I was alone out there since I didn't really know anyone. Every place I went to just felt really empty to me, and all I ever saw in the major cities was "WTS (image link)" spam. I remember some poor guy asking a question about the game for 2 days. I don't think he ever got an answer, and I couldn't help him since I didn't know either.

Different ways of doing the same thing, if you ask me.

--~~--
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

Originally posted by VGJustice
    I can understand that mentality of "I can be a prick and it doesn't matter" in GW. But, since the game really needs players eventually (unless you're fairly skilled, IMO) which means you gotta play nice or watch people ditch you. Playing Monk, I've actually refused to heal people that were being stupid or being jerks to other players. I don't like seeing it, and I don't put up with it. It's not like they're the only team I'll ever see. If they really tick me off, I'll just (politely) leave.

I hate it when someone is acting stupid and then the monk thinks they can 'punish' that person by not healing them...  Thats about when the whole group dies.  Just because someone is acting immature doesn't give you cause to start a grief-war with them!  You should really think about your entire group and decide whether or not keeping that player alive is best for the completion of your groups goals.  Maybe if the person is causing major problems, or they are a caster and repeatedly hold aggro, but other wise it is usually best for the group to continue healing all members, even if you don't like one of them.

Seriously, when you mention 'I can be a prick and it doesn't matter', monks refusing to heal people because they 'dont like them' really does seem to fall under being a prick, it seems.

I find that in all mmorpgs, regardless of the maturity level, if you are nice to your fellow players they will be nice to you.  Just be friendly with pick up groups, those you are trading with, those you are fighting with or against in arenas, and usually they'll act the same way.  I do not suggest that you sit quietly and wait for your team to start arguing; instead, start the groups conversation off on a good note.  I'm not talking about making sure everyone has the right skills or that they all have infused armor or whatever...  I'm talking about the way you compose yourself.

I suppose there are some bad apples out there, ect, but I would say I almost always have very friendly groups.  image  Sometimes they arent the best at the game, and sometimes people have to leave during missions, ect, but regardless of the MMORPG, I usually feel comfortable with my groups.  Most arguments or cases of people 'being pricks' comes from misunderstandings and false impressions.  Sometimes a series of events can cause someone to seem like a 'prick' when they are not.  If you retaliate against every person who seems to be a 'prick' you are only causing more problems for your group.  Instead of insults, commands, sarcasm, or other forms of retaliation (like not healing the person), try to lend a helping hand in a casual way, dont single people out, make a joke or a game out of your suggestions, people will respond much better that way.

And as far as comparing the communities in WoW and GW, I agree, they are very much alike.  I think I prefer GW however, because the lack of rigid factions keeps people from developing a hatred towards their opposing faction.  One of the things that has bothered me about WoW (and this is due to the nature of the game, not because of the people who play it) is the way players actually adopt biased opinions against the opposing faction.  It really does get ridiculous, the way people start behaving as if the players on the opposing factions are some how less worthy than those on our own.  I often would hear people accusing that 'all horde are whimps!  They corpse camp!  Alliance players hack!  Alliance are all gankers!', then they turn around and gank/corpse camp/ect themselves, and they justify their actions saying that it is okay because they are just doing it to the horde, and they are all assholes anyways.  image  That really bothers me.  Many people are just playing along with their setting, but the implications of discrimination and bigotry are just too strong to ignore, I cant stand it. 

When I would try to chat with people about this, the typical reaction seemed to be 'horde-lover!  If you love the horde so much you should just delete your character and join them!', ect.  This bigotry is absolutely NOT role-playing, by the way, despite the occasional conviction that it is.  Players actually think that they are superior to the opposing faction, and I just cant take it.

GW does have factions, but factions plays such a small role in GW that it really is insignificant, so I do not have to endure the bigotry of GW players, which is nice really.  I think that if WoW allowed alliance and horde to communicate via chat there probably would be less animosity between them, but it is hard to say.  I used to play a lot of Planetside, and the factions never developed such bigotry attitudes towards each other...  I credit that to Planetside allowing us to chat with opposing factions-  At least to some extent.

I might be remembering incorrectly however, it has been over 6 months now since I quit WoW... And maybe it was just that the animosity between horde and alliance stuck out to me especially, and now looking back I am blowing it out of proportion. Either way, it really did upset me.

I agree that there are pricky monks, but I'd also like to remind you that for a monk not healing someone is sometimes the best course of action. A monk's energy is not unlimited, and if the routine cocky W/Mo aggroes the whole world, or the squishy Ele tanks damage thinking his healing breeze will keep him up forever, it's okay to let 'em die and save the rest of the party.

Newbies will be more careful if you tell them to not die. Noobs will just ragequit.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

Being a monk, i've done the same thing but I do it on a rare occurance.  The 'Sin who wont stop tanking.  The Tank that wont stop bitching that he isn't getting healed fast enough and cant understand that no defense skills or tanking skills might be the reason his health is draining so quickly.

Truth be told, you should be nice to everyone, but you should be extra nice to your monks as there are far fewer of them and they do what they do (keep the entire party alive) and get almost no drops for it.  Respect their skill when you get a good one and always say "Good job monks" because without them, you'd be dead.

But just always make sure that you inform them first that they aren't helping their cause and suggest they stop getting hit so much.  Kind of a warning shot across the bow of the boat if you will.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

wormywyrm, you're absolutely correct. Seeing my actions in the light you put them in makes me seem like the childish prick I can be. Let me say a word of thanks for straightening out this old fool. ::::20::

Maybe I'll start PuGing with my Monk again since I seem to have sorted out my lag issues. Maybe I'll finally be able to make a sturdier healing build or just go Prot like so many others have. I've just gotten so bored with Heroes because of the lack of interaction.

--~~--

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by Akaraxle
    Newbies will be more careful if you tell them to not die. Noobs will just ragequit.

that reminds me of every time i do the first 5 cantha missions :(
    usually i end up with 4/8 people halfway into the mission.

Originally posted by Akaraxle
    I agree that there are pricky monks, but I'd also like to remind you that for a monk not healing someone is sometimes the best course of action. A monk's energy is not unlimited, and if the routine cocky W/Mo aggroes the whole world, or the squishy Ele tanks damage thinking his healing breeze will keep him up forever, it's okay to let 'em die and save the rest of the party.

Yeah I agree, if they are a caster and repeatedly hold aggro then you definitely reach a point where you have to stop healing them, for the best interests of the group.  image

I don't think telling people 'not to die' straight out is very kindly though.  A lot of people take offense easily, which isn't really the greatest characteristic for people to have but we all have faults and you just have to be careful how you approach giving advice to someone you do not know well.  Often when someone quits in rage its because they took offense at something a group member said, and either they are fed up with it, or they think get the urge to 'punish' their group by leaving.

Sometimes I'll play with people I know, and one of them will jeer another player who is with us and what not, which impels that player to leave.  At that point, I am mad at both of them, really, but it is difficult to lay the blame on my friend, seeing how the ultimate responsibility of the person abandoning the group resides with the person who left.  image  So then I end up trying to explain the idea to my friends, and that in itself is usually a bad idea, especially if you're still doing the mission, and they decide to leave...  image  Which has happened to me before, and the irony of it is only outweighed by the embarrassment of my own hypocrisy...  But live, learn, and all that good stuff!  image

Originally posted by wormywyrm

I don't think telling people 'not to die' straight out is very kindly though. A lot of people take offense easily, which isn't really the greatest characteristic for people to have but we all have faults and you just have to be careful how you approach giving advice to someone you do not know well. Often when someone quits in rage its because they took offense at something a group member said, and either they are fed up with it, or they think get the urge to 'punish' their group by leaving.

Well, I summarized things up with "don't die", because it's basically what you have to explain to them; of course, in case of an "innocent" player, the choice of words is much different. If this E/Mo just happens to stay close to the warriors to cast his stuff and get interrupted repeatedly, I go like "Guy, could you try to hang further back and away from the monsters? You're taking a lot of damage, and keeping you up is really draining my energy". That usually works on real newbies, and Guy has just become a better player.

Always keep the difference in mind: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060823 ::::09::

• robeheathrobeheath Member Posts: 5
    You should start with Nightfall cause it's the best in my opinion.  It's great for starters and the game is awesome!

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

I like the NF missions the best as they have novel and interesting aspects to them that make them more than just dungeon crawls.

Have you gotten to Gate of Madness yet? My level 20 Paragon with all-tricked out heroes (elites on all of them, best armor and weapons) can't get past this mission. It's absolutely the worst. Won't spoil anyone's surprise, but one of the bad guys at the end of it is virtually impossible to kill with my all-hero/henchie teams. But here's the thing: no player team I've ever been on has even gotten that far in that mission!

So it would seem that while heroes are good enough to get to Shi...(shh...no spoilers) they're not good enough to beat him and that sucks in the world's worst way.

Hey Gayle...the devs need to look at Gate of Madness and tone S---- down a bit. Battle Scars and Impossible Odds together are just too much for this mission especially since we don't even have Kuunvang helping us with him!

Oh, and guess what? All that time you spend farming Lightbringer points??? The LB skills DON'T EVEN WORK ON HIM!!!

I'm so f'ing disgusted with this mission, I'm about to throw the damn game away. Nightfall starts out fun, but the end-game is a merciless hell-hole of a grind that's more frustrating than fun!

P.S. Not even interested in getting any other characters that far in NF. My Dervish and other characters are having fun in the Factions missions. Most of NF's missions are too long (especially when going for bonus) and too much of a grind for the xp you get. Blacktide Den is a suck-a$$ time-sink of a mission and bonus, too.

P.P.S. Considering that Gate of Madness has been relegated as a "farming mission", it'd be nice if we could get better drops there.

• Originally posted by Serling
    I like the NF missions the best as they have novel and interesting aspects to them that make them more than just dungeon crawls.

Have you gotten to Gate of Madness yet? My level 20 Paragon with all-tricked out heroes (elites on all of them, best armor and weapons) can't get past this mission. It's absolutely the worst. Won't spoil anyone's surprise, but one of the bad guys at the end of it is virtually impossible to kill with my all-hero/henchie teams. But here's the thing: no player team I've ever been on has even gotten that far in that mission!

So it would seem that while heroes are good enough to get to Shi...(shh...no spoilers) they're not good enough to beat him and that sucks in the world's worst way.

Hey Gayle...the devs need to look at Gate of Madness and tone S---- down a bit. Battle Scars and Impossible Odds together are just too much for this mission especially since we don't even have Kuunvang helping us with him!

Oh, and guess what? All that time you spend farming Lightbringer points??? The LB skills DON'T EVEN WORK ON HIM!!!

I'm so f'ing disgusted with this mission, I'm about to throw the damn game away. Nightfall starts out fun, but the end-game is a merciless hell-hole of a grind that's more frustrating than fun!

P.S. Not even interested in getting any other characters that far in NF. My Dervish and other characters are having fun in the Factions missions. Most of NF's missions are too long (especially when going for bonus) and too much of a grind for the xp you get. Blacktide Den is a suck-a$$ time-sink of a mission and bonus, too.

P.P.S. Considering that Gate of Madness has been relegated as a "farming mission", it'd be nice if we could get better drops there.

I hero henched every single mission.  Gate of madness on second try.  I use zenmai as my tank for end of gate of madness.

Muahahahahahahahaha Assassin tank so owned the boss.  Way of the assassin + crit defense+way of perfection+crit eye+wild blow + wild strike = ownage, 75% block + 25 hp heal every other hit + 4 energy  every other hit + stance kncok every 3 seconds.   Haha so easy with decent positioning and pulling.  I didn't even lift a finger against with my dervish just used a bow to keep him around and watched her bitch him out.

Realm of Torment is fine if you pull wisely and handle Call to the Torment correctly.  They sometimes spam Call to Torment over and over if you do not kill them at half life and below.  If you leave a torment demon unattended you can wind up fighting an army.

Since Call to the Torment causes them to take double damage it is easily handled, but not handling it is very dangerous.  Especially with Arms of Chaos since they use trollungent and an evasion stance.  If they pop whirling or troll and start doing Call to the torment you should make sure you ahve somethign to kill them fast.  And make sure any aoe you are doing takes CAll to the Torment into account.

Guild wiki has more info on the skill and more on the mission.

Oh and when the waves of enemies come at you, right when the dude is talking immediately run all the way down the hill and then take the waves at your leisure, do the two bottom then the two tops waves.  Easy Peasy.  Then close rifts, avatar of balth and a ranger hero is nice on rifts, I took a ragner with barrage.  However due to Call to the Torment I now believe barrage rangers are bad idea in most of Realm of Torment.  I think a ragner crit build is better especiall as a paragon.  Avatar of balth on with your dervish on first boss or whatever else he's not hard,  on second boss assassin tank at arch way entrace with erveryone else slightly outside Zenmai aggro raidus, use bow to keep him around when necessary.  Only pull and keep a nice dsitance for safety in case you mess up.  As long as Zenmai and rest of hench/heroes are separated at respectabvle but healable distance you should be very safe (ie. just slightly oputside aggro bubble, set this up with flags beforehand).

I took Olias with spoil victor, but its not necssary and I would actually reccomend using the two necr ocurses that cause 25% miss rate and do damge and energy on the miss.  This supplements Zenmai perpetual 75% block rate and will damage and recharge olias on almost every attempted attack.

Once he stopped hopping around he stuck on zenmai, he stops hopping around and uises his aoe. It is important top understand that it is the stance+aoe, not the aoe itself that is dangerous.  Taht is why you want zenmai with 2 stance knockers and since his life drain goes through armor the high miss rate of crit defense (15 in critical strikes) and the two necro curse completly owns.  Zenmai never went below 50% for me. 

On my first try I much more messy with my derv balthed up and koss both on him with a SV and SS necro but he bounced around then aoe one hit me, then finished off everyone that was left.  Second try I did the assassin solo tank and after the initaly hopping around, which genreally is handled because you have pulled him so far from his spawn.  If he sticks on a caster simply diengage and reset.  usually once he opos to caster they kite and he runs back for his respawn point because he is highly overextended.  Once he hits 50% though he stops using that skill an will just just to kill Zenmai.  All you need to do is make sure he stays on her or possibly disengage if a caster mistakenly attack instead of kiting.   I suspect she could take with no monks at all but with a prot and healer he can't do jack to her.