Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok... plz take a look...

erezzzerezzz Member Posts: 17
ok after all these things u all told me im thinking of buying GW NF but i hav 1 more thing to ask what does it mean  instanced GW world wat is it mean when they say its  instanced??? i dont really get it...
and why people always keep syaing its not an mmo??? can u plz xplain me??? oh and if u want plz tell me wat char u think is the best the funest and coolest in GW...imageimage

Comments

• asasenpaiasasenpai Member Posts: 124
    I pick warrior because using melee attacks is good.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    First, I think you're making a great purchase.  From what i've heard Nightfall is the best of the Guild Wars games out, including the first one.  I didn't wanna get NF but after hearing all the good stuff about it, I have changed my mind and me and my g/f are giving each other a copy soon for our anniversary.

Secondly, instanced means like going out and doing quests.  Guild Wars is quest heavy and requires no grinding of levels because the level cap is so low (20).

Third, Some say it's not an MMO because when you go out to kill things, you dont see other people unless they are in your party.  You only see people when you are in a town.  They claim that this makes it unMMO like.  I tend to agree somewhat and CORPG is the new phrase that best describes Guild Wars. (CORPG = Co-Op Role Playing Game).  It essentially is the same thing but since you dont run across players outside of towns it's really not "Massive" per the definition of what an MMORPG is.

Lastly, I think Monks are the best.  However noone likes to play them as they do not do tons of damage and most people who play Guild Wars are young and cant think outside of the box and realize that dealing damage is only one aspect of the game.  Mesmers and Monks are both needed but they dont want to play them as they (Mesmers) only do debuffing and degen and Monks merely Heal and Protect.  If you stick with Monk though, you'll NEVER have a problem finding a group though since there are so few.

Originally posted by erezzz
    ok after all these things u all told me im thinking of buying GW NF but i hav 1 more thing to ask what does it mean  instanced GW world wat is it mean when they say its  instanced??? i dont really get it...
    and why people always keep syaing its not an mmo??? can u plz xplain me??? oh and if u want plz tell me wat char u think is the best the funest and coolest in GW...imageimage

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Suplyndmnd isn't right about what an instance is. Instance describes how the world map in Guild Wars relates to everything else. Basically, think of it as a closed world. When you step out of town, you step into an instance of the world map where only you and your party exsist. No other players may enter your instance, and when you leave that instance, it ceases to exsist. The way the game is set up also prevents you from partially completing an instance and then "saving" that spot. If you did that, you'd just load back into whatever town or outpost you visited last.

There are benefits to this, like no jerks to gank your hard earned drops and gold, no spawn campers, no power farmers taking all the monsters in the area (they have their OWN instance to farm to their heart's content), and no chance of having some stupid-high-level player come in for the sole purpose of ruining your game play. The downside is you can't meet anyone out in the instance, or if you run into trouble you'd have to basically restart. Not that big of a deal to me, really. I like the one-try kind of feel to Guild Wars. Makes the game much more challenging which is a lot more fun for me.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• erezzzerezzz Member Posts: 17
    ok u really helped me understand this guildwars gameplay now thank u very much now i hav no doubt about buying it i will buy it! that instance world is even better then reall mmorpgs worlds so i really liked the idea of it!
    and also i like the thing that u do all with other people cuz solo sukmtimes can be really boring i like this
    cooperation thing with other people! ima buy GW NF 2day or mroe 1 week ill c but I WILL HAVE IT!
    thank ya'll that helped me!imageimageimageimage

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by VGJustice
    Suplyndmnd isn't right about what an instance is. Instance describes how the world map in Guild Wars relates to everything else. Basically, think of it as a closed world. When you step out of town, you step into an instance of the world map where only you and your party exsist. No other players may enter your instance, and when you leave that instance, it ceases to exsist. The way the game is set up also prevents you from partially completing an instance and then "saving" that spot. If you did that, you'd just load back into whatever town or outpost you visited last.There are benefits to this, like no jerks to gank your hard earned drops and gold, no spawn campers, no power farmers taking all the monsters in the area (they have their OWN instance to farm to their heart's content), and no chance of having some stupid-high-level player come in for the sole purpose of ruining your game play. The downside is you can't meet anyone out in the instance, or if you run into trouble you'd have to basically restart. Not that big of a deal to me, really. I like the one-try kind of feel to Guild Wars. Makes the game much more challenging which is a lot more fun for me.
    VGJustice, thanks for correcting me.  I misspoke (mistyped?) and glad it could be cleared up.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Hey, it's why I come here. To help.

Hope you like the game, and welcome to Guild Wars. ::::20::

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• jdoghstrjdoghstr Member Posts: 5
    I chose the monk also.  I like the fact that the monk heals and is a protector. 

• erezzzerezzz Member Posts: 17
    i bought GW NF and im having so much fun now!!! best mmo ever(and i really like the instance world actually...O_O)
    anyway i opened a ranger in Europe so if any1 wanna add me or help me out or be buddy its Erez M and i got into a guild and im officier so if u wanna join a guild tell me 2!!! anyway really liked this game!! thanks 4 helpin me kno about this game!imageimageimage

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    It's good to see fresh blood =P

• NiveKSliaKNiveKSliaK Member UncommonPosts: 88
    guild wars ownz it's a great game for everyone^^ i really enjoy playing it