Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Theme?

ZerandZerand Member Posts: 77
As you know, the Guild Wars chapters after prophecies have all a different cultural theme. Faction has Asian theme, while Nightfall has African theme. Prophecies is a mix of everything, with maybe western culture as the main one.
So what do you think will be theme of the next game? What would you like to be the next?

I'd like if it was a scandinavian viking theme. Forests with trees touching the sky, crystal clear lakes, villages inhabited by the vikings, who make lightning fast raids against other towns with their fast ships and things like that. Then involve some Norse mythology and everything will be great.

Even to myself I'm a genius

Comments

• I think they will do various Native American cultures at some point.  Vikings would kickass too.  Also the various parts of India would seem like a natural place to look at, its a large and rich mileu.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter was on a differnt "world" gotten to through the mists.  The mists story mechanic allows them to do pretty much anything, even sci-fi ;).

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I think we need more snow and fluffy armor too.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Yeah I think we will get to see the area North of Tyria where the Charr and the Dwarves came from.  image  We have to see some snow again sometime, right?

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• D_shandrilD_shandril Member Posts: 116
    I think there was an article here on mmorpg.com that i read a few month ago where they asked about it and there was something about unicorn but it was only a rumor.
  • ZerandZerand Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by D_shandril
    I think there was an article here on mmorpg.com that i read a few month ago where they asked about it and there was something about unicorn but it was only a rumor.
    Sure there might be unicorns but that ain't know theme, you know :P Unless it's about some mythology.

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I'd love to see a Greek theme play into future chapters.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

image  I love unicorns... Or horses really.  I wish more MMORPGs would have mount customization and more focus on pets.  Too bad mounts are useless in GW and wont ever be included image  The only reason why I dont like the travel system is because I like horses so much  image  Maybe there will be some unicorn monsters, unicorns can be dangerous with those strong horns right on top of their heads.  image

Actually we already saw a similiar creature to unicorn in factions.  Sorta a horsey thing, I think it even had a single horn on its head.  Might be wrong though about that last part.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by Dookz
    I'd love to see a Greek theme play into future chapters.

Dude, that would be like "ommy gawdz Ultim4t3 l33tness!!11::::24::".
    I myself would like to see that theme.

Then again, other themes could be bending towards Scandinavian, Slavic (Steppe-like, as with the cossacks :)) , Aztec/Maya, Polynesian/Micronesian (many islands, like the islands in the south Pacific), Indian (as in the nation), Roman, Barbaric Europe (Gauls, Germanic tribes etc..)

Originally posted by wormywyrm
    Too bad mounts are useless in GW and wont ever be included 
    We do not have any confirmation yet from the developers concerning mounts in future chapters. I believe I've mentioned this before, a group had asked a question to Anet staffs about inclusion of mounts and Anet responded with laughs and giggles so it could only mean either  two things, No  mounts or We'll see mounts. I personally think it's the latter. Just a reminder that we have mount wurms in Nightfall but have limited use and restricted within the desolation area.

Originally posted by Dookz

We do not have any confirmation yet from the developers concerning mounts in future chapters. I believe I've mentioned this before, a group had asked a question to Anet staffs about inclusion of mounts and Anet responded with laughs and giggles so it could only mean either  two things, No  mounts or We'll see mounts. I personally think it's the latter. Just a reminder that we have mount wurms in Nightfall but have limited use and restricted within the desolation area.

image  Spoiled!  Wow!  We have mounts in Nightfall?  image  Holy shit!  I've only brought all my characters to Vabbi and I decided I would stop playing the main story line so that I could enjoy it later once I start geting bored of other elements of the game.  But wow, we are going to get to ride wurms around desolation?

I would be a happy camper if there were mounts in GW.  They would have to be different than the mounts we see in other games though, seeing how mounts are primarily used as a mean of transportation in other MMOs, and GW already has the travel system.  Mounted combat, maybe, I think. image 

Dont tell me any more about the wurm mounts image 

• PolrpgPolrpg Member Posts: 71

Yes for vikings

• FatamorganaFatamorgana Member Posts: 110

I really like the idea of Scandinavian theme(hmmm maybe because i'm from Finland::::02::), it's sounds fun,but what new professions there would be?

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    I think we can probably look at Prophicies and see some ideas of possible locations and themes.  Factions cross over point was Lions Arch which has a mild Asian theme to it.  Augury Rock area is desert.  Think of the other regions of Prophicies.  Mountains/snow (Nordic), and Jungle (South America themed). 

As far as new classes i'd like to see a gun wielder (Jungle themed with elephant guns).  Just so I can shoot things and have a second ranged attacked like Rangers.

I'd also like to see a brawler type with Hand-to-Hand combat which people thought might come with Nightfall.

Just my two cents...

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

Originally posted by Suplyndmnd
    I think we can probably look at Prophicies and see some ideas of possible locations and themes.  Factions cross over point was Lions Arch which has a mild Asian theme to it.  Augury Rock area is desert.  Think of the other regions of Prophicies.  Mountains/snow (Nordic), and Jungle (South America themed). 

As far as new classes i'd like to see a gun wielder (Jungle themed with elephant guns).  Just so I can shoot things and have a second ranged attacked like Rangers.

I'd also like to see a brawler type with Hand-to-Hand combat which people thought might come with Nightfall.

Just my two cents...

Nice post image  I agree completely.  I really feel like the next two campaigns will be set in snowy settings and/or jungles.  I've also been expecting a sort of brawler/unarmed class.  The assassin is a bit like that though (with skills like 'palm strike', featured with a picture of a hand, no weapon), so maybe we wont be seeing an unarmed class afterall.

I think a gun wielder could definitely be something they are thinking about.  And how about a druid class?  Right now GW doesnt have any classes that can turn into animals.  Id be crazy about that one image  Or maybe a magician class that can summon demons would fit well, although that might feel a lot like necromancer minions and ranger pets.

image Speaking of ranger pets, Anet needs to add a skill called 'attack enemy'.  Using it makes your pet attack the targetted enemy.  image  Its near impossible to get your pet to tank in a group with other players.

• hotdogshotdogs Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by gestalt11
    I think they will do various Native American cultures at some point.  Vikings would kickass too.  Also the various parts of India would seem like a natural place to look at, its a large and rich mileu.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter was on a differnt "world" gotten to through the mists.  The mists story mechanic allows them to do pretty much anything, even sci-fi ;).

Viking theme would KICK ASS
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

On GWO there is a person which posted a link to a video with an interview with ANet. Acording to it next chapter will be released in August (so only 1 chapter next year) and they are taking inspiration from Aztecs. =]

• valgldbrgvalgldbrg Member Posts: 5

Hopefully Vikings next time then!

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Unless ANet tell us themselfs this is just a rumor so maybe we will get vikings =P

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by Fatamorgana
    I really like the idea of Scandinavian theme(hmmm maybe because i'm from Finland::::02::), it's sounds fun,but what new professions there would be?

I just have to post this..i can't stop myself..but..

Fins aren't Vikings ::::02::

• jdoghstrjdoghstr Member Posts: 5
    Unicorns dangerous?? Come on.  They're  supposed to be gentle animals that are peaceful, not monsters.  I like the idea for the Greek theme.  That sounds like it could be cool.
  • FatamorganaFatamorgana Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by Meon

Originally posted by Fatamorgana

Fins aren't Vikings ::::02::

And i haven't say that they are ::::20::

If your character is doing some exploring or trying to reach a town or outpost as you progress through the storyline for the first time, say from point A to point B, the instant travel map won't really help you get there at all, a nice mount may come in handy if you are in a hurry, assuming the mount can get around faster than you can on foot, but then again you'd probably end up fighting mobs along the way in certain areas. Whatever the mechanics for mounts are, I hope they look really cool.

• vctrcombsvctrcombs Member Posts: 5
    Maybe Vikings w/ elephant gunz???!!!  That would be sweet!

• ZerandZerand Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by vctrcombs
    Maybe Vikings w/ elephant gunz???!!!  That would be sweet!
    No it wouldn't :D That would spoil the whole viking theme.
    Possible new professions could be something like this:

Priest of Odin(Balthazar in this case :P): A battlemage. You get the picture.
    A raider: A mounted(not a horse, but maybe a wolf?) fighter who can move a little bit faster than other professions, but is clumsy and attacking speed is not so big.

TBH it's really hard to figure any original professions anymore :o And I don't actually even want new professions anymore. We have 10 of them, and that is a lot. I want lots of new and innovative features

• robeheathrobeheath Member Posts: 5
    I like the Viking theme idea too.  Those professions sound cool, and you're right it is getting hard to come up with original professions.