Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds: 5 Exclusive Screens

Hot on the heels of the first blast of screenshots and them being added to our Game List, Cheyenne Mountain has shared five new screenshots of the game exclusively with MMORPG.com. Nick Heitzman, the Lead Artist at Cheyenne kicked in the descriptions below.

image "The front of the Goa'uld Resurrection Station in all it's glory. Normal and parallax mapped statues in the foreground, frame the main approach with the Jaffa guards. Light mapped shadows on the structure itself coexist with the dynamic lighting of the guards. There is also the warm exterior lighting solution in place, thanks to the many braziers."
image "One of the two entrances to the Resurrection Station is shown here. The light mapped shadows offer a terrific variation of light and dark, with the asymmetry of only one standing torch burning, softly illuminating the statue. Inside you can see another Jaffa guard, in the brightly lit interior just beyond the doorway."
image "This image is set in the nearby oasis, looking up to the Goa'uld Aid Station beyond. The trees and shrubs are created using a program called Speedtree, which allows highly detailed and animated flora objects that automatically lower in detail the further they are away from the player. They also burn nice shadows into the desert landscape adding even more realism."
image "Looking through the entrance foyer here, the overhead firepit burns brightly, casting light mapped shadows throughout the chamber. At the far end, the dunes and trees are visible on the other side of the structure. Furniture and pillows wait inside, incense burns, providing a safe haven for the recently resurrected. Also, a nice close view of our normal mapped walls and floor, with their cracks, chips and detail can be seen."
image "The Goa'uld resurrect by way of sarcophagi which revitalize dead beings. Here is one such device, activated and open, ready to bring a Goa'uld or Jaffa back from the afterworld. This scene displays emissive textures glowing, with the sarcophagi itself animating upon activation. The standing torches with their heat distortion effect, giving light to the transmission masked wide leaves of the plants, bringing them to life as well."

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Very nice, but a little to clean.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Wow didnt know they were make and stargate game.... cool going to have to watch this one

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440
    they have been saying they were working on a stargate mmo for quite a while now, as a fan of the TV show Im def looking forward to checking this game out when it is completed.  Good to see that they are indeed moving forward with it.
  • cbstottcbstott Member Posts: 1
    these look great,  the inside shots look much better then the one we got previously.

I really cant wait for this game, its gonna be amazing.

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217
    Wow, they all looking incredible. Though I do admit, like someone else said, that it does look too clean. A Goa'uld temple needn't be as shine as it is, even if it were in use.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

TBH I like those screens much more then those from AOC, WAR etc. I loved the movie so I can't wait.

• notquitenotquite Member Posts: 17
    My hopes are up. Really liking the art direction - if the gameplay is similarly up to scratch, I'm there.

• eshieshi Member Posts: 99
    I wonder, is this game being made with Direct X 10 in mind?  are these screens showing off the future of gaming graphics?

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    I also agree about the "too clean" graphics. Couldnt put a finger on
    something specific but its either that "clean" thing or something else
    that makes those graphics look...somehow weird. The quality of graphics
    is very nice though. Hopefully the artistic side will be improved too.

As a fan of the movie and both series, I realy hope they can fix us
    with a solid game with different gameplay styles for everyone to enjoy.

Didnt they cancel this game though? or was it the series? I think i
    read somewhere that something, possibly related to SG was canceled and
    there was a fan movement to save SG... cant quite remember where or
    what I allegedly heard/read that.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• eshieshi Member Posts: 99

Yea, i believe it was cancelled on the Sci Fi channel, although i'm not really too sure, because i was watching the new episodes, and i thought i heard somewhere that they were going to have new ones even after they said it was cancelled, but if that info is wrong, Stargate: SG 1 got cancelled, but Atlantis is still going i'm pretty sure.

• HatsAndCatsHatsAndCats Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    I also agree about the "too clean" graphics. Couldnt put a finger on something specific but its either that "clean" thing or something else that makes those graphics look...somehow weird.

I know what your talking about, City of Heroes has those types of graphics.
  • MyskMysk Member Posts: 982
    SG-1 was cancelled, much to my incredible disappointment.  Atlantis is continuing however.

The timing was awful.  They had just aired their 10th season anniversary epside and then BAM, Sci-Fi cancels the show.  A punch to the gut if you ask me.

Everything that I've read says that the game continues forward.  Frankly, even if they cancelled Atlantis - which is not going to happen - I would still get the game (so long as it's not another DDO or some such).  There is a ton of material here.

I gotta say though, the cancelling of SG-1 was not totally unexpected.   They were getting the dull end of the writers' and FX team's efforts.  It was pretty clear that the cost of maintaining both shows was getting to them.

Anyhow, there's no sense in continuing my ramble.

~Mysk

I also agree about the "too clean" graphics. Couldnt put a finger on something specific but its either that "clean" thing or something else that makes those graphics look...somehow weird. The quality of graphics is very nice though. Hopefully the artistic side will be improved too.

As a fan of the movie and both series, I realy hope they can fix us with a solid game with different gameplay styles for everyone to enjoy.

Didnt they cancel this game though? or was it the series? I think i read somewhere that something, possibly related to SG was canceled and there was a fan movement to save SG... cant quite remember where or what I allegedly heard/read that.

• XeonexsXeonexs Member Posts: 10
    image Stargate, I need Stargate, must have it, need it!
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Screenies look great, but I can't seem to get excited about the franchise. *shrugs*

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

The screens look really good in my opinion, but there seems to be some lack of shading?

• kagdakagda Member Posts: 85

watched every episode of stargate that i know of, season 1 through 10, well the first half of season ten... apperently they will show the other half of season 10 sometime in march..... Love the show, hell i even ordered one of the stargate t-shirts haha.... aside from that, i think this game has some great potential, as the series offered a lot of different "quests" as well as a great "transportation" method which should set this game apart from all others....

Must say that i agree wit the "too clean" look, and the jafa guarding the temple look a bit cuddly aside from that the graphics look pretty damn good, im just glad my computer will be able to handle it all on full settings =D imageimage

Okkkkaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Didnt they cancel this game though? or was it the series? I think i read somewhere that something, possibly related to SG was canceled and there was a fan movement to save SG... cant quite remember where or what I allegedly heard/read that.

Yeah they cancelled SG-1, this game has only been in pre-production for 3-4 months now.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Excellent for pre-alpha!

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830

I like the graphics but by the time this game makse it to the
    general public in a few years--won’t the graphics be tweaked down due to
    bandwidth constraints over the internet?  So it won’t look as polished?

• Ebil_PiwatEbil_Piwat Member Posts: 208

Looking great, nice to see some new info comming on this game's development. Yet I have to agree it's a little too bright and clean inside the chambers. Remember even the ships were kept darker and in shadow, with bazzers giving light, although it does look like a great desert house to bring in my legions of female jaffa hawties...

Pool Party!!!!

SWTOR. Face it, in the Scooby Doo Mystery Solving Van of coolness, this game is Velma. In this current MMO climate it has about as much chance for survival as a group of inquisitive teenagers in a 1980s slasher flick. -Tardcore May, 2011

• TeilkTeilk Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I am soooo in
  • thorsanvilthorsanvil Member Posts: 8

I have to agree, the pictures are amazing.

wish they would post a date!!

ZOMG

NO Way!

• valgldbrgvalgldbrg Member Posts: 5
    Those look fantastic.
  • BogSvarogBogSvarog Member Posts: 98
    Im so excited about this game (I am a crazed fanatic of Stargate) Im screaming like a girl as we speak image
    And the screenshots nearly made me piss my pants image

• CrueltylizerCrueltylizer Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I wonder if these a touched up photos or actually in-game engine display.?

I must say that they look terrific and i really hope that these kind of graphics are those we get to play with :)