Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have had it with quests...who cares anymore??

ScallawagScallawag Member Posts: 16
I have too many real life quests, when I play games I want to just crawl nasty dugeons, kill uber mobs and get my hands on phat loot...

I tell ya, it takes evertying out of me to spend any time chasing down some rare drop or dick;n around running all over town doing errands for an NPC.  PULLEEZ

I am over it.

Just thought i would share.

Comments

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    thank you for sharing.

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

tired of questing?

SOmething got you up and outside to go crawl those dungeons .............. maybe a quest for loot perhaps?

• FugnudzFugnudz Member Posts: 480

Originally posted by Scallawag
    I have too many real life quests, when I play games I want to just crawl nasty dugeons, kill uber mobs and get my hands on phat loot...

I tell ya, it takes evertying out of me to spend any time chasing down some rare drop or dick;n around running all over town doing errands for an NPC.  PULLEEZ

I am over it.

I have to agree with you.  While I think quests are important in these games, I believe they should be major undertakings with major rewards, and not a laundry list of "run across town" tasks. 

These recent MMORPG's have too many unimportant frivolous quests that give gameplay an almost linear feel.  My biggest groan about rerolling a new character in these games is that I'll have to do all the same quests over again if I want to advance in experience quickly.

• ScallawagScallawag Member Posts: 16
    After 6-7 years of playing all the MMORPGS to come along, except some of the more recent releases, I relize what I value most are the people I play with and share the good times ingame.

Recent god times include, coming back to EQ2 for a juant on the PVP servers, played a dirge up to 60 in a month and quit again - some awesome adventures, but MANY unfinished quests.

Months later I am now grinding away in Anarchy Online (which I played for one month at launch, but too many bugs).  The combat system if finally operable, I have upgraded to all the expansions and have pre-orderd the New Eden.  It a game where I can crawl dungeons with a team or alone and alsy get involved in PvP tower attacks.  Frankly, EQ stole a lot of good ideas from Anarchy online - like dungeons of norrath - but left some key things out, like soloability.

I am pumped on Anarchy Online for now.  Fits my schedule and don't have to commit my life to it.

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

Yep the people, thats adds alot to a game.  What is it about the people though that makes ya come back for more?  Simply chatting is fine and dandy but is that it?

I could sell out and say i come back to old games to see my friends, this is true but not the entire reason.  I missed having a good reputation amongst the server, i missed people watching my monk, ranger, necro pull off crazy things and say wow.  I miss seeing that random newb struggling to make thier way up and i give them a nudge to help them move up a little faster.  I miss kiting a real nasty mob right through a guild wedding cerimony ( honestly didnt know it was going on, why get married WW anyways?) i can say the after rocked a little more then it was supposed to lol.  I miss seeing crushbone's zone in being littered with corpses.  I miss bartering to see how desperate this person is to pay me to go several zones over to summon his corpes.  I miss fearing the fearing the freeport guards into the NRo ldon camp to wake people up.

In short i understand what your saying, a free world to do as you please, able to affect others by your actions be it positive or negative.  Meeting up with good friends you have known for years or running into that new guy.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

if you dont like the quests and prefer just to grind in dungeons, then just grind in dungeons.  Raids may be more your thing also

nobody says you have to do the hundreds upon hundreds of quests in EQ2.  Some of us enjoy them (I actually read the quest dialogue.. it adds something to the quest)

so just grind on mobs if you want

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • FugnudzFugnudz Member Posts: 480

Originally posted by Rayx0r

if you dont like the quests and prefer just to grind in dungeons, then just grind in dungeons.  Raids may be more your thing also
    nobody says you have to do the hundreds upon hundreds of quests in EQ2.  Some of us enjoy them (I actually read the quest dialogue.. it adds something to the quest)
    so just grind on mobs if you want

Well, people take the path of least resistance, generally whether or not they are having fun.  If you have a game with a beautiful world, but introduce teleports in every frickin zone, then guess what...  People are going to teleport, even though they'll gripe about wanting a world in which you have to travel by land.

Same with the quests.  If you have 50 linear low level quests that will advance a character in level about two to three times faster than just grinding, then folks are going to do the quests.  Even though the quests become maddenly repetitive, folks are going to do the quests.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Scallawag

I am over it.

Well the game is called Everquest right???
  • DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

Some days I like to quest while others I like to grind. Questing is a good way of breaking the monotony of grinding.

Though I do hate quests that involve you having to be in a party to complete it. Some days I just want to hang by myself.