Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gave it another shot

PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Well after examount of time I went back in. I started a Dwarf going to be Scavenger,well as in the Lin2 forums we will be using the term boats to cover bots ( say bot on forum and your topic will be locked and deleted). Right off the bat,there are boats sailing everywhere.So ok np,this is expected.

I level a little and see more boats headed to shore as I am making my way out to sea.no problem for me things will get better. Woot lvl 20 now :) time to do class change and become a Scavenger. This requires you to kill Hunter bears untill a Honey bear spawns and you collect the jar's of honey ( 5 is needed ). Well try to picture for every Hunter Bear there are 3-4 boats ( at least) sailing in to capture the prize.

So with all these boats and my ship is sinking,I cry for help on the forums..........it took an entire clan to sink these boats so I can get my jar's of honey ( and lol this is true ), So finally I become a Scavenger ( wasnt really thrilled after all that ).

I joined the clan and they helped me with gear and such ( didnt ask for it ), so now I am getting whispers from players I don''t know and are saying ....hey are you aware you joined a clan that supports boating ( lol )....etc...etc.  Since that was the case ...I better leave the drama

I sent everything on me to clan warehouse ( lots of Pollen also ) and just guild quit and logged off .

No moral to this story...however would like to thank Sovrath for coming to my aid right away when I was in trouble with pker's and giving me a lil money....you my friend should be multiplied by a thousand !

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Welcome to the rest of Lineage 2. Put it this way, people who support "boats" are people you should stay away, what about the ones who "ebay" and thus "really and truly" support bots. Enjoy the game. Scavenger is a good choice, the lvl 40 class change quest is terribly long. If you see a guy named aniquilador tell him he owes Qais/Fatimah 5m adena and that he should give it to you instead. That should help you get top D grade but then again, he's a little thief bastard haha, so don't hold your breath.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Rha-ELRha-EL Member Posts: 208

Its best to stay away from the game until NCSOFT EVER wises up and starts doing the "right thing".

Don't get screwed by them by playing legit, because, I"ve come to the conclusion after playing for almost 3 years, you get screwed by NCSOFT if you dont cheat in some way.  Right now Lineage II is a cheater's paradise.  Its really not worth playing legit because NCSOFT cares shit for legit players.

They will be in Chronicle 6 soon or "Interlude" as they call it and they still exude the message that playing as a BOT is OK!  Ebay, Scam, Cheat, do whatever it is you do to get it done!  This is what they are telling the players right now.  They give a damn about LEGIT players who work hard according to game rules to get their gear and levels.  In fact I bet most of the GMs laugh their asses off thinking of Legit players wasting all that time griding and playing legit when they could be botting their way up like 70% of the players in the game right now....its pathetic and a shame of a game...especially when they have such a good product.

Hey if you are a cheater or don't mind that the your playing with cheaters that will use exploits and ebay money to get ahead of you in the game, no matter how legit you play...go right ahead..this game is made for YOU!

Rha

Originally posted by Rha-EL
    Its best to stay away from the game until NCSOFT EVER wises up and starts doing the "right thing". Don't get screwed by them by playing legit, because, I"ve come to the conclusion after playing for almost 3 years, you get screwed by NCSOFT if you dont cheat in some way.  Right now Lineage II is a cheater's paradise.  Its really not worth playing legit because NCSOFT cares shit for legit players. They will be in Chronicle 6 soon or "Interlude" as they call it and they still exude the message that playing as a BOT is OK!  Ebay, Scam, Cheat, do whatever it is you do to get it done!  This is what they are telling the players right now.  They give a damn about LEGIT players who work hard according to game rules to get their gear and levels.  In fact I bet most of the GMs laugh their asses off thinking of Legit players wasting all that time griding and playing legit when they could be botting their way up like 70% of the players in the game right now....its pathetic and a shame of a game...especially when they have such a good product. Hey if you are a cheater or don't mind that the your playing with cheaters that will use exploits and ebay money to get ahead of you in the game, no matter how legit you play...go right ahead..this game is made for YOU! Rha
    That may be extreme, but yeah, that's the feeling. I played as a legit player to see if i can make it legitly, i did, i succeeded and then quit as there was nothing left for me in the game.

Then again, if i cheat in a game any accomplishment is thus useless to me, if the journey isn't done the  right way, the destination is meaningless to me.

Cryomatrix

P.S. Rha-El since you've been playing for 3 years, what's the percent of people that ebay on the servers, from only 6 months of play, i think it is close to 70%.With your 3 years, what do you think the % is?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Not a problem Praor, sorry to see it wasn't for you.

Thanks for the compliment. Though if they multiplied me then all those extra people would eventually want to move in.

It's really had to say how many people are legit or not. I've been playing for 3 years and only learned from 2 people first hand that they bought adena.

Some people really do spend a lot of time crafting and playing the market. Some players I have no idea as to where they get their money but what proof does one have that they cheat or not. Short of an admission you can never know for sure.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath
    Not a problem Praor, sorry to see it wasn't for you. Thanks for the compliment. Though if they multiplied me then all those extra people would eventually want to move in. It's really had to say how many people are legit or not. I've been playing for 3 years and only learned from 2 people first hand that they bought adena. Some people really do spend a lot of time crafting and playing the market. Some players I have no idea as to where they get their money but what proof does one have that they cheat or not. Short of an admission you can never know for sure.       

No one has proof as to who ebayed or not, but I think, i'm probably alone, that there are a few indicators of those who you may suspect. I've suspected many people that i've interacted with to ebay, have I seen them ebay no, but i've seen what i believe to be evidence of it.

Of course some of these indications can be for other things not just ebaying.

But as Sovrath said, people spend tons of time playing the market and crafting, i agree, i think that's the main way to make money, what is implicit in this practice is the person knows prices. People who don't know jack for prices, i mean people who have absolutely no idea about pricing whatsoever (A full A grade set is also worn by said person)

Another indicator for me is how flippantly they spend their cash, if someone has clawed and kicked for adena, they're not going to be throwing it away.

In the end, you never know. Playing the market however, is not a concern for many people in Lineage 2.

Cryomatrix

P.S. Yo Sovrath, lunch at Il-Panino go go go go go go.

Originally posted by Cryomatrix

Its best to stay away from the game until NCSOFT EVER wises up and starts doing the "right thing".
    Don't get screwed by them by playing legit, because, I"ve come to the conclusion after playing for almost 3 years, you get screwed by NCSOFT if you dont cheat in some way.  Right now Lineage II is a cheater's paradise.  Its really not worth playing legit because NCSOFT cares shit for legit players.
    They will be in Chronicle 6 soon or "Interlude" as they call it and they still exude the message that playing as a BOT is OK!  Ebay, Scam, Cheat, do whatever it is you do to get it done!  This is what they are telling the players right now.  They give a damn about LEGIT players who work hard according to game rules to get their gear and levels.  In fact I bet most of the GMs laugh their asses off thinking of Legit players wasting all that time griding and playing legit when they could be botting their way up like 70% of the players in the game right now....its pathetic and a shame of a game...especially when they have such a good product.
    Hey if you are a cheater or don't mind that the your playing with cheaters that will use exploits and ebay money to get ahead of you in the game, no matter how legit you play...go right ahead..this game is made for YOU!
    Rha

That may be extreme, but yeah, that's the feeling. I played as a legit player to see if i can make it legitly, i did, i succeeded and then quit as there was nothing left for me in the game.

Then again, if i cheat in a game any accomplishment is thus useless to me, if the journey isn't done the  right way, the destination is meaningless to me.

Cryomatrix

P.S. Rha-El since you've been playing for 3 years, what's the percent of people that ebay on the servers, from only 6 months of play, i think it is close to 70%.With your 3 years, what do you think the % is?

After almost 3 years of play I think 70% is still a good figure as to how much people actually buy adena/BOT.

As to how you can get a good indication of who ebays, the best way to get a measure is to play the market for awhile.  Heck I took almost a year off just to do that in the course of my playtime in the 3 years. 

You'll be AMAZED at what people pay for items and you'll be amazed as to how the hell they get that much adena "suddently" when an item that is irresistable is suddenly on the market such as a >+12 Homonkulus Sword back when it was in style...if isn't still...used to be the biggest adena cash generators...OverEnchanted weapons...

Heres a tip to make $$$.  Don't OE yourself.  If your get lucky heck you'll make a killing but if it blows, your pretty much screwed unless you got a lot of reserve in your WH.  You need to study the market and see what sells like hot cakes, thats what everyone is trading.  Such as lots of people a killing with DC helms and items were waaaaaaaaay over-inflated, especially on all the helms....especially Talium cause DC and Majestic just cost way the hell too much to actually conceive of buying for a legit player unless they ebayed....

OE weapons though is where the money is at..the bluer the glow the hotter it sells.  Just remember that and study the market and that is secret to becoming a billionaire in Lineage 2. haha

I don't know though..this strategy may change drastically with the refinement thing they are introducing in "Interlude"...who knows...

Also an utapped market?  DION baby.  DION with the OE High D grade weapons...its THE moneymaking area...but it goes in cycles and you need to watch that market carefully.  This is a good time to get back in on it though..if its true that lot of the players from the Private Servers are coming in to retail due the the closure of the private servers.

When I quit, I had 1 +15 dual katanas and 1 +15 B grade lance (which I lost to a BOT and thats why I quit) and was decked out in full A grade DC crystal on my main character...my alts also had full B and almost full A grade gear as well...  I had at least 30-60m adena?  not sure exactly how much still to play the market ... I'm sure I had some other stuff but its all history now..I gave it to my best bud who still plays.

I may return if NCSOFT really does something about the BOTs but I am not holding my breath....because I don't think they will.  LIke I said before it really REALLY pisses a legit player off after they saved up that much money as I have playing LEGIT and then to lose it to some fcking BOT who keeps harassing you and harassing you and you have nothing to do but go red...and yes that was stupid on my part but how the fck does it happen that I so happen to drop my weapon and only my weapon?  THATS screwed up.  Even if your red, I think the weapon should be the LAST thing to drop from a player after everything else does.  Fck NCSOFT until they fix their BOT infested game.  1 mins of play and I lost months of t ime I spent saving up to buy that +15 lance...I hardly call that "fun" nor "fair".  Its pretty fcked up.

anyway...rant over...

Rha (A.K.A) BlazerX

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280

Personally, I think that's your own fault. If you are so rich in game and you can't afford a bsoe when you go red then you should have expected it to happen. Besides that, you should have friends who can pick up your gear and you knew the consequences of going red. And it's not a bot if it's harassing you, kills you and picks up your gear.

Originally posted by SantaClaws48
    Personally, I think that's your own fault. If you are so rich in game and you can't afford a bsoe when you go red then you should have expected it to happen. Besides that, you should have friends who can pick up your gear and you knew the consequences of going red. And it's not a bot if it's harassing you, kills you and picks up your gear.

First of all it was a group of bots.  The bot I killed was the one that was running the same route to in ABG gathering up all the mobs to kill in one spot in a bot nuke party.  This character is the one I killed as it kept running straight to where I was hunting, minding my own business, went out of my way to avoid them but they kept the harassment up.

Second, I reported this same group of BOTS for MONTHS dont give me that shit about its my fault.  They should have been looked into but they were not.  They were allowed to farm the same fucking area time and time again, not to mention every time a boss mob there in ABG spawned, a group of farming bots would instantly log in from nowhere and take it down within minutes, the same groups as the one that kept training me.   Again this has been going on for MONTHS and I had reported this incident for MONTHS without ANY action.

As for how it is my fault for not having a BSOE, how the fck is it my fault for being griefed and using the only means in the game to fight back?  I don't believe in BSOEs, never really much used em...only once or twice since its introduction.  If I pick a fight or if I amin a fight, I rather fight til i'm dead or the other party is dead.  I"m no "carebear".  Also the whole idea of buying BSOE really turned me off since it is a common method for scamming in the markets.

Also don't be so naive that you never heard about protector bots?  After I killed the said bot, I was jumped...no idea where his "friend" came from so the only thing I can imagine is that I was set up.  Should I be penalized for killing a bot that has been harassing me and griefing me?  What other means does LIneage 2 give you except to kill the griefer?  YOU TELL ME?!  How exactly do you deal with farmers but to go red by killing them?  Until NCSOFT cleans the BOT problem and gives TRUE means to fight bots to the community and stop spewing shit out of their mouths about oh, report them BS, Lineage 2 will always have the shitty reputation that it always had.

Rha (BlazerX)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Cryomatrix

P.S. Yo Sovrath, lunch at Il-Panino go go go go go go.

lol... you know it! image
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
    What is that place...one of those " Clubs" or a chinese restuarant?

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Yeah praor i got your private messege, sorry I'm not Tim Heggerd. BWAHAHAH just kidding :).

Rha-El to boast and gloat like i love doing, you're taking to Captain Legit as I will call myself only on L2blah as I troll those forums. Basically, with help from a friend, i went from 2 million spare adena and full C grade to 450m net wroth in like 3-4 months. THen to cap it off, someone hacked some dude's account and sold me 850m worth of gear at 200m. But i was dumb and gave the kid who got hacked 150m/S jewelry set back. But yeah i made tons of money.

I made a spreadsheet on how to make money but i can't find somoene to host it for me. I never OE'd, i hated losing money. I created Qais Corp, an in-game distribution company that basically served 2 functions. If people were lazy and didn't want to search in Giran, i'd find it for them and sell it to them, hassle free, all they had to do was tell me in advance and i'd get it for them. We'd agree on a price before and since i knew the market well, i'd get a good deal and the difference was my profit.

The 2nd function was to serve as a hub, people pm me WTS and WTB lists and i match it up, i had one employee too ;). Safe to say, when the community server went down, so did Qais Corp.

But when I play EVE, i'm going hardcore with my corp, this time it will function in a man's game not L2 . . . i.e. ebay's biggest customer.

I knew prices so well people in my old clan just msged me for pricing but never to party, fucking bastards :). I also helped a friend in alliance to sell his crap on my 2nd account and he never even offered a payment for my services, that fucking bastard too. I also used to try to find buyers for people, it worked decently well. I made most of my money through seal stones/AA> Buy AA, buy dyes, sell dyes.

The conversion was this, buy AA at 2 a apiece - convert to dex/con dyes - sell those at 500k apiece which becomes in reality AA for 3 apiece. That was like my salary, where qais corp was like non-constant bonus.

I also, bought low and sold high, i did some mass crafting. My favorite was this.

I bought 21 BW helm recipes and I crafted them, 11 of them worked (less than 60%) i walked away with 27m in profit from that, if 3 more worked i would have walked away with close to 45m profit. If you buy a ton of stuff and you craft it all, based on probability you will hit 60% and all 60% crafts are profitable for the most part. Thus, when you do it en masse you are basically hedging your investment.

I never OE'd because i suck when it comes to things of chance, ever see me create a runeword in Diablo 2, you'd realize how bad i suck with things of chance. OMG, so many shitty runewords. Also, when I played P&P DnD, my most common role was a 3. My average was like an 8 total. I only rolled 19/20's on the most worthless of roles. I literally got 3 like 3x more than any other number to come up. I barely ever rolled 1's though, only 3.

Whereas my friend, i dont' understand how, averaged like a 16. Okay, I'm a dork.

The way i look at the ebay thing Rha-El is this, you don't make money by xping, so if you're xping you're not making money to buy your gear. If you don't take the time to play the market, no way you can afford the gear. I checekd the market before work and before i slept 1-3 hours a day :).

Oh well, who cares, on to EVE for me.

Il-Panino is one of those Men's club, where it is a long dark hallway with a bunch of small rooms with beds and the lights are off. A shady looking guy tells you when you walk in, "Rooms X, Y, and Z are open and hands you a key". Or he says "Room D is empty and gives you a key to wait for the next customer"

or

It may be a small Italian Joint very close to where I live, in between Harvard and MIT and supposedly close to where Sovrath lives, I stalk Sovrath and I actually dress up as a Troll and throw gummy bears at his window. I also call and make weird noses and then I hang up. Furthermore, I dress up as a lvl 70 gladiator and I try to Sonic Blast through his window. When I figure out how to sonic storm, i'll do it too.

The place is decent but the thing about small restaurants with many cooks is that the food differs so much depending on who cooks it. I usually get Chicken, Ziti, and Broccoli with alfredo sauce and someitmes it suxxors and sometimes it roxxors all the time i get diarrhea but it's the price I pay for good food.

I think I'm being funny but probably not, oh well back to whatever i was doing.

Cryomatrix

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
    Bah........ I hate you Cryo

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by Praor
    Bah........ I hate you Cryo

There's a large group of people that share similar views lol. It is an italian restaurant, the dark hallway and what not were underground gay sex joints in the late 80's early 90's where people had anonymous gay sex in dark shady places, literally and figuratively. It was also the breeding ground for HIV as some people suspect.

Cryomatrix

haha yeppers, your one lucky sob ... knew some people who lucked out that way...when a friend or a clannie quit they sold all the good stuff for cheap...I think I lucked out in one or two items that way too, although I'm not sure if they were just selling it low or they were really quitting or they were quitting at that moment but would later regret selling everything haha!

I think I talked to almost everyone that was a big player in the market on BARTZ server....mind if I ask what character you played?  Maybe we talked hehe who knows.

But I think another part of the change needed in Lineage 2 is that they need to reduce the money grind and focus again more on the PvE model...since it seems the PvP model is getting oversaturated.

AFTER THEY GET RID OF THE BOTS!!!

Rha (BlazerX)

I played on Hindemith. I also knew most of the market people on Hindemith, great people, all legit, very fun. They all had high level BH, so they made billions when A grade helm recs came out.

NCsoft had an amazing game on their hand, a great foundation, it could have been a lot better.

But, i'd lessen the grind a little bit, lessen the money grind a little bit, create even more ways to make cash, the 7 signs is a nice system, but they need more ways. More options is always better.

They also need better character customization and better end-game features. They need more things to fight over. Yay a castle, yay a castle hall, har har har har.

Oh well, it's still a good game.

Cryomatrix

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    <--- Never Ebayed...

But I will be honest, when practically everyone on the server uses a bot, using one yourself isn't technically cheating...because it isn't giving you an unfair advantage anymore, it is giving you a fair advantage...

L2 is a great game, but yes, ppl are right when they say you can't be 100% legit!

I would say about 80% of L2 community ebays, and only about 30% of that 80% don't admit to it...

But I wouldn't say that is too far off for any MMO that sells currency online, I think about 80% of all populations do it, just in L2 ppl seem to be more open about it...lol.

L2walker should have been bundled with the L2 epic collection...

Yes, you will be banned botting, but only if you bot AFK or are dumb about it. But really if you are sitting there watching your character, or watching TV, doing homework, reading a book whatever in front of your PC I would say your chances are about as good as being banned wrongfully for botting...

Thats great that some ppl wan't to play legit all the way up! That is how they roll... But really if you quit because of all the cheaters, but still feel like you missed something in the game cause you couldn't get there, you should just have cheated yourself.

I use to be pissed at botters, ebayers, whatever...until I realized it is just a game and you play it however you have the most fun. For me I think the most fun I ever truely had in the game was below level 20 back in C2, but thats just me...I am weird like that...lol. image Also when I get 5 other clannies and we do some fun stuff like seeing how far up ToI we can go...before getting our asses handed to us...lol.

Originally posted by Jukan
    <--- Never Ebayed...

But I will be honest, when practically everyone on the server uses a bot, using one yourself isn't technically cheating...because it isn't giving you an unfair advantage anymore, it is giving you a fair advantage...

L2 is a great game, but yes, ppl are right when they say you can't be 100% legit!

I would say about 80% of L2 community ebays, and only about 30% of that 80% don't admit to it...

But I wouldn't say that is too far off for any MMO that sells currency online, I think about 80% of all populations do it, just in L2 ppl seem to be more open about it...lol.

L2walker should have been bundled with the L2 epic collection...

Yes, you will be banned botting, but only if you bot AFK or are dumb about it. But really if you are sitting there watching your character, or watching TV, doing homework, reading a book whatever in front of your PC I would say your chances are about as good as being banned wrongfully for botting...

Thats great that some ppl wan't to play legit all the way up! That is how they roll... But really if you quit because of all the cheaters, but still feel like you missed something in the game cause you couldn't get there, you should just have cheated yourself.

I use to be pissed at botters, ebayers, whatever...until I realized it is just a game and you play it however you have the most fun. For me I think the most fun I ever truely had in the game was below level 20 back in C2, but thats just me...I am weird like that...lol. image Also when I get 5 other clannies and we do some fun stuff like seeing how far up ToI we can go...before getting our asses handed to us...lol.

I really don't care for people who justify cheating.  Cheating is cheating, don't try to sugar coat it, justify it, gloss over it and make believe that its not cheating because no matter how hard you try, THERE IT IS!!!  Its cheating.

Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't justify YOU doing it.  Didn't you learn that when you were little growing up?  Hey if you feel like you need to bot to compete or ebay, thats YOUR perogative but don't try to justify it as being right EVER.

There are people who play 100% legit.  People like me and some other people who have said they do on this board and elsewhere.  These are the people that really believe in the game and its potential because they like it enough to play by ITS rules.  Lineage 2 itself is a great game without flaws.  Its people who find the flaws in it and exploit them for their own gain, outside of the rules of the game.  Its also when the caretakers of the game, NCSOFT, becomes totally inept and powerless that they devolve the game and make it seem like its right to cheat and its the norm to cheat; because they ALLOW the cheaters to take over the game, which is what has happened now.

Botting and ebaying doesnt have to be the norm.  EQ1 was not like that.  I played it and I never saw a bot EVER while I played.  Lineage 2 doesnt have to have bots at all.

Rha (BlazerX)

You know Rha-El,

I played diablo 2 legitly for 4 years and my final year i ebayed/botted. It was, in all honesty, friggin great. I ebayed items and then sold them for higher in-game via paypal, but the botting was fantastic.

I don't condone cheating, i've done it in the past and it completely ruins the game for the botter and everyone around you. But it was weird, when i played legitly, i couldn't fathom how someone could cheat and still have fun in the game, like how could someone use a chicken hack (meaning exit when your char's health goes below a certain level) or ebay and feel good when they win a duel.

The reason all comes down to the goal, what is it that you want. When I ebayed in diablo originally i did so i could get almost impossible to obtain items, so i could make weird and crazy builds and enjoy the game that way. Some people would enjoy L2 much more if they didn't, take a year off to make money, or if they didn't spend all the time I did in the market.

I know people who watn to level up, hit lvl 75, fight in the olympiad and not be bothered by the market so they ebay, that is their goal. I had a friend ebay 270m in EVE cuz he wanted to test out the PvP and get truly into it, no remorse whatsoever. The thing is the goal. It's not right, but many of them don't even care about are they cheating or not, it is just a stepping-stone to their goal, that's what it was like when I did it in Diablo 2.

I started L2 with the goal to afford my gear and be legit, to go the hard way, but if someone's goal is different they will cheat. It is not justification, it's just something to think about. I personally, wouldn't ebay/bot in a game again. Unless, i can make $$$ off of it. But that's another story.

Anyway, NCsoft isn't powerless, they just don't give a shit and if they do it is only a facade. They made it out to seem like they are powerless, it's a crock of crap, if 99% of L2 players know beyond a shadow of a doubt that a person is botting, then i'd think NCsoft does too. They are just pure crap, i hope they go out of  business and all their employees' future job prospects get filled wtih bots or outsourced to other countries (just kidding). Believe me, if a company gave a shit, bots would be practically eliminated. And remember, since there are no instances, L2 has the worst bot problem by far.

The most fun i had in lineage 2 was i dont' even remember. I guess it was some market exploits and some good profits. Oh well.

I'd love to know the process by which NCsoft bans bots. It probably goes like this.

"Hey Joe, we have 23134204120948712098742 petitions of botting occuring."

"Hey Tim, how did the GM's respond?"

"Joe, umm, remember 6 months ago, you laid off all the GM's and we're using an automated service right now"

"Oh shit, I forgot."

"But you know Tim,  haven't these stupid cattle realized we allow botting to make more money, well, we're releasing a 14-day free trial soon, so let's ban a few a random people and call them bots to give the pretense that we give a shit and we'll throw in a new patch, a new event, and we'll call in the FBI to bust some private server, that facilitates the game better than us, for publicity."

"Damn Joe, you're one smart mofo."

"Nah, the investors need their money"

"Hey Joe, remember how much the cattle cried when there was a "security" breach and we had to reset everyone's password"

"Yeah Tim, we did that on purpose in the hope that they'd realize we so don't give a shit about them"

Note: last 2 lines are fictional.

Cryomatrix

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280

Originally posted by SantaClaws48

First of all it was a group of bots.  The bot I killed was the one that was running the same route to in ABG gathering up all the mobs to kill in one spot in a bot nuke party.  This character is the one I killed as it kept running straight to where I was hunting, minding my own business, went out of my way to avoid them but they kept the harassment up.

Second, I reported this same group of BOTS for MONTHS dont give me that shit about its my fault.  They should have been looked into but they were not.  They were allowed to farm the same fucking area time and time again, not to mention every time a boss mob there in ABG spawned, a group of farming bots would instantly log in from nowhere and take it down within minutes, the same groups as the one that kept training me.   Again this has been going on for MONTHS and I had reported this incident for MONTHS without ANY action.

As for how it is my fault for not having a BSOE, how the fck is it my fault for being griefed and using the only means in the game to fight back?  I don't believe in BSOEs, never really much used em...only once or twice since its introduction.  If I pick a fight or if I amin a fight, I rather fight til i'm dead or the other party is dead.  I"m no "carebear".  Also the whole idea of buying BSOE really turned me off since it is a common method for scamming in the markets.

Also don't be so naive that you never heard about protector bots?  After I killed the said bot, I was jumped...no idea where his "friend" came from so the only thing I can imagine is that I was set up.  Should I be penalized for killing a bot that has been harassing me and griefing me?  What other means does LIneage 2 give you except to kill the griefer?  YOU TELL ME?!  How exactly do you deal with farmers but to go red by killing them?  Until NCSOFT cleans the BOT problem and gives TRUE means to fight bots to the community and stop spewing shit out of their mouths about oh, report them BS, Lineage 2 will always have the shitty reputation that it always had.

Rha (BlazerX)

LOL, if it was a bot how was it pulling trains? Sounds like someone was at the controls to me. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that the majority of people in the party were probably being automated.

Secondly, it is your own fault for not having bsoes. Regardless of how you feel about them they are in game and provide a measure of safety for the solo player. You lose your gear and you learned the hard way.

Thridly, bots can't pvp. So, someone was at the control for the character that killed you.

You want to fight a larger group of players? Here's a hint, it's probably not a good idea to do it solo and pk them unless you know you can kill all of them. If you can't, you get your guild to help you out. If your guild won't help you pvp or put you in a group to level, then you need to find a new guild.

All you proved was that L2 will eat you alive if you're a solo player.