Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

everquest 2

xyserxyser Member Posts: 18
haven't played eq2 ever, but my friends and i are planing to play sometime soon. eq2 has many different expations and i was wondering what's the best? i have no clue how to buy eq2 lol. is there a game box w/ eq2 + all expations for around $50? 

Comments

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Actually, It is a really good time to start playing.

You can get the latest expansion for $40 which comes with all previous expansions (plus the base game).. including a month free for new account creations.

Echoes of Faydwer at BestBuy

Echoes of Faydwer at Fry's

Echoes of Faydwer from Everquest2.com

All of these cost $40.

Enjoy.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Yes this is a great time to get started, the EoF expansion is fantastic.  A post by Galenite (Scott Hartsman, EQ2’s senior producer) on another site says that EoF has already outsold either of the other two expansions and all the major distributors have had to reorder at least once.

The downside of this is that it could still be a bit of a challenge actually finding a retail box.  I wanted to get the retail box so I could get the house item, but I ended up having to go for the download instead.  This wouldn’t work for new players since the download doesn’t include the other expansions like the retail version does.  

• FugnudzFugnudz Member Posts: 480

I am not surprised this expansion is selling well.  Folks loved the old EQ1 world, and as EQ2 resurrects the early parts of this world, this can only bode well.

Now imagine if there were a Kunark expansion for EQ2...

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I so badly want to get EoF but I don't have the money. However, this is the best time to buy it. Hope you and your friends have fun.