Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of playing Lineage 2 ~

AdoreAdore Member Posts: 4

Hey There!

After a 2 year stint w/ WoW ~ I am thinking of moving on to a new MMORPG.  I am not looking forward to WoW's xpac and think that a new game might revive my interest in MMORPGs.  Or, I could just go outside. image

How difficult is "the grind" in Lineage 2?  Is it difficult to find a good clan of people to play with?

Thanks in advance,

A.

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Lineage 2's grind got a LOT easier. I am now thinking that 1-40 is going to be relatively easy. I think I leveled 39-42 faster when I just came back a few weeks ago then how fast I leveled like level 15-20 a long time back. Just make sure to use all the freebies new players get image! Getting into a good guild is VERY easy now considering they added Academies, plus you can get some good D-grade clan armor if your in an academy. Sometimes the guilds even help ya get to 40.

BTW, if you join Lineage 2, it will be a rough journey, lots of problems you will run into, but it will be fun image.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• AdoreAdore Member Posts: 4

Thx you ~ :) I tried to get into the MMORPG.com free trial but all the keys were taken ~ not sure if I am willing to go out and purchase the game esp since tis the season for giving!

I wonder if I'll go back to Ultima Online...

~A

Your choice image

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Originally posted by Greatness
    Your choice image

So def kididng about returning to UO world ~

Is gear soulbound or can it be looted upon death?

Do you lose XP when you die?

What, if any, is the PvP like in L2?  Is there honorable and dishonorable killings?  Do you get rank/reputation as your PvP infamy goes up? 

Sorry for all my questions!

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Originally posted by Adore
    Originally posted by Greatness
    Your choice image

So def kididng about returning to UO world ~

Is gear soulbound or can it be looted upon death?

Do you lose XP when you die?

What, if any, is the PvP like in L2?  Is there honorable and dishonorable killings?  Do you get rank/reputation as your PvP infamy goes up? 

Sorry for all my questions!

1. Gear is not soulbound, but it can't be looted unless the player is red, meaning they've recently pked someone and they have more than 5 pk's, i.e. the char is chaotic.

2. You lose 7% xp when you die pre-lvl 40, 4% xp post-lvl 40, you lose more xp if you de-level, if your clan has a clan hall you lose half that xp, you can get rezzed with a  0, 20, and 80% rezzes as skills from other players or a brez = 100% back.

3. dishonorable kill is a PK, honorable kill is clan war or siege. No rank/reputation, you can be known for PvP.

I didn't dabble much in PvP, the losses were too great in terms of the grind. The grind was too much for me that i quit at lvl 70. I chose the wrong class i guess.

but either way, fun game but hardcore.

ANswers to questions you didn't ask.

1. You make money in this game by raiding, not that much though, and mainly by playing the market or what most of L2 players do, they ebay it.

The game is very tough and EXPENSIVE for a solo player. If you solo, you will most of the time lose money just by xping. The thing aobut L2 which is different then other games is that YOU DONT MAKE MONEY PLAYING THE GAME, you have to play the market. You can get into groups and not use soulshots (damage enhancers). But that's slow and you'll probably waste more cash with the heal pots.

You have to buy low/sell high and you have ot make money first. Easiest way to make money legitimately is to start with a bounty hunter or make a new player post and some nice guys will probably offer you noob gear. Once you hit lvl 20, you want to be in catacombs getting seal stones. Only way really to start. Take a look at the money making guide. Torak gives you good advice for the early stages, i make a post about the latter stages.

Overall, playing the market takes FOREVER. Thus most people ebay, i spent so much time i don't think many people actually play legitimately. I know human nature, most people won't even bother playing the market.

2. There is a bot problem and it is annoying, but they are thriving, so many people ebaying.

Either way, i'd stay away from Lineage 2 and go into EVE instead, you can make money much easier by playing the market, this is my 5th day and i've made 7m as a noobie.

In Lineage 2, after my fifth day i had like 200k lol.

EVE is a more robust game, market wise, the PvP is more hardcore, of course stupid space genre, but overall, i'm playing it now. Also, in EVE the game is skilled base and you gain skills just by training them, so you don't even have to play much to be on even standing iwth others.

Overall, I only played Lineage 2 for the challenge of really affording my top gear, i did that legitly and then i realized the game isn't worth anything else. The grind sucks, there's no decent reward for grinding like crazy, everyone around you ebays and/or bots but will never admit it and on top of that they talk shit like no other.

Once I afforded my gear, i had no challenge left, no desire to play the game. The politics in the game are kind of nice but only if you are an exec in a clan, other than that, they just go by, and you are left as a pawn. The game is very nicely put together but it is wholistically ruined by the bots. Because if that wasn't the case, the shitheads that suck in teh game and have to ebay/bot their way up wouldn't even exist and you'd have a challenging game where people work together unselfishly to have fun. This game it's like, bot/ebay your way up, own everyone, talk shit and insist your legit while everyone else ebays. I never got into PvP but that coudl be due to mny character perhaps, and the consequences were too high for me in terms of grinding. Maybe, if i went back and focused on PvP it would be more fun, but i've come to the conclusion i enjoy market more than PvP.

Not true, i enjoy creative PvP and L2 doesn't have it at all. However, if you've played WoW for 2 years and you can mindlessly raid to get tier 2 gear so you can PvP in battlegrounds in which you could easily achieve a highrank with blue/green gear then L2 may be just for you. The problem i had in WoW was, there was no point to doing anything in the game, the goals had no real reward, L2 pretty mcuh i played only to see if i could beat the game. Meaning can i afford gear legitimately, i did. What was left for me in terms of grinding was only a matter of time and when things are a matter of time, then any retard can do it and thus no point.

I've strayed from the path, but that's my feeling, sorry to bore you. ALso, most people have a 2nd accoutn with a buff bot or a manualy healer/buffer like i had. People in this game are hardcore, they have more than one account, some have 3 or 4, some ebay into the $1000's. Many bot, many buy accounts, and through it all, everyone still remains legit.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

Heya ~

Sounds maybe a bit too hardcore for me... I left WoW because I wanted to sleep > epix and my circle of friends weren't condusive to that calling.

Everything in WoW was a grind.  From end game gear to PvP... one big grind.  You needed more time than skill to excel in WoW.  

So people seriously have more than one account?  I didn't hear too much of that going on in WoW ~ it's a pretty group based game.

Thanks for all your help.

BTW ~ How's the weather up in Cambridge?  I used to live in Somerville. :)

• linuxgamerlinuxgamer Member Posts: 126
    Cryomatrix,

I think you scared me away from this game. I want something similar to WoW, but not this hardcore.

If you think WoW was hard, lol... Don't worry though, I am a casual player in L2 image! I am slow at leveling and am able to only play on weekends mostly. 

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• linuxgamerlinuxgamer Member Posts: 126
    I meant Lineage 2 sounds hardcore, not WoW. What is there to do at the highest level? Is it like WoW, where you need to be in 40 man raids to get any good PvP gear?

Lol no.

End-game in Lineage 2 is quite fun! You can raid with guilds (raiding in Lineage 2 is not some small 40 person thing, try 100-300 players  image!!). You can also Castle Seige and enjoy in the amazing fun in PvP.

You do not need to raid to get good stuff, most (okay probably like 98%) of people buy stuff other players since if you do get something good(good as in equipment good, you get good stuff like enchants and other stuff) from a raid, you are one lucky person.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

At the highest level, it's kind of broken up.

Your first character hits lvl 61.

lvl 61 is when you can afford A grade, it's kind of expensive, in c5 A grade will cost you ~120m ish. Remember, you don't make money by grinding and you have to win the drops in a raid and in reality, raids drop crap.

So from lvl 61 and on is when the real PvP starts, you'll move into more populated areas and such and start to see the hardcore players and see the hardcore clans. Once you hit lvl 75, you can sub-class, that means play any other character (with exceptions) and you start at lvl 40, that's what i was hoping to do but the grind was owning me.

Anyway, then once you get both your main and your sub-class to level 75 you can participate in the olympiad, which from what i hear is a broken system, it's basically a pristine battleground in which you 1v1 and if you're top of your class you get nice and shiny gear.

Many heroes carry around top S grade and epic jewels. Just so you know epic jewels cost between 200m and 1.5billion.

Overall, the grind for a melee char, like myself was insane. It was basically 1-2m experience per hour. At lvl 70 to 71 that would have run me about 35-40 hours. Going from lvl 74-75 would have run me 40-60 hours depending on the spot i get, if it's runover by bots or not, etc. And remember, i have a manual buffer/healer that i play as well to buff and heal me.

So if you join a clan, now in this stage of the game, you'll be someone to show up at raids, and attack castles and such. It's more fun if you organize it, but alas, i never got the chance, the game is too old imo to get into it. It's tough to recruit people, many people in the main clans have been playing for years.

In the end, it's one big grind to 75, another grind from 40-75, and if you want to be good in the olympiad yu have to get one character to 78.

OF course in between are clan wars, sieges and such. Is it fun, kind of, but in my alliance, we won a castle, and i never saw one adena from it. Raiding is somewhat fun if it is done in a good organized fashion, it's much harder to raid now, so it's not as streamlined. I enjoyed raiding, but tough to get a group.

Another thing that ruined the game is this aspect.

NCsoft made a tough game, very tough indeed, that it is beneficial to group financially and xp-wise, the game would have caused a lot of people to work together and made the overall experience a lot of fun when people know they have to work together to succeed. Instead, NCsoft makes a tough ass game, let bots go rampant. Bots sell adena online, most people ebay it. With all the money in the world, no one groups, because solo xp with soulshots, healpotions, buffbot/healer bot, etc is way faster than group.

Prices are jacked up. The bots get all the adena, they get all the gear, they sell teh adena to noobs, they jack up the prices of the items, said noob buys jacked up item, completely recycling the adena back to the botter. It's hilarious actually. You can get parties going but overall, it's a very competitive cutthroat game. There are people woh would never party wtih me because im' a gladiator and thus i don't kill so fast, etc . . .

Let's say a few positive things about the game.

1. best graphics
    2. Good classes, somewhat unbalanced, but good and fun, i think WoW had better classes personally, in WoW, i felt that each class had one skill that you felt while playing the character that you could never not have it. In L2, you don't get that feeling.

3. Gameplay and game mechanics are very nice, it's challenging, community is pretty good and mature. THey like to talk shit, but they are mature no kiddies really, most WoWers are essentially banned from L2 due to not having a credit card to ebay lol. Put it this way, play the free trial, buy some no grade soulshots and see how much money you actually make lol. Then try leveling without soulshots and it won't even be effective.

The game has such a good foundation and it could be so much better if they got rid of the botting.

At high levels you need to get good parties in Imperial Tomb or find nice solo or duo spots. Also, as a side note, if you feel like playing L2 and you aren't averse to ebaying, just know that 1$ = 1m adena.

Top D grade = 7m cost for Top D grade
    Top C grade = 20-25m cost for Top C grade
    Top B grade = 50-60m cost for Top B grade
    Top A grade = 110-130m cost for Top A grade
    Top S grade = 100-500m for top S grade weapon and 100m to 1B for top S grade armor

Remember, you don't make money by grinding unless you do it in groups and in catacombs. Also, i've gotten like 3 full drops going from lvl 20-70. Totaling like 7m from drops. The rest i've played the market. I did get help to buy gear at C grade and then with a few million i made hundreds of millions, but so bloody slow, so annoying.

But that's what your facing if you want to get into Lineage 2. Let me give you an example of what I mean by not making money while leveling. IN reality you do make some, but it's exceedingly slow.

Soulshots at A grade cost 100 adena apiece. I'd kill one lvl 70 bandersnatch, it would take 25 hits, thus 25 soul shots, thus 2,500 to kill the mob, i'd use 3 regular heal pots anod 1,000 iit would drop about 5,000.

So i'd make about 1,500 profit roughly, this isn't that bad, but the problem is, you have to pay teleport fees and all this junk. So let's say in an hour of grinding at lvl 70, i'll make roughly 200-300k. Now you subtract the three GSAP pots i used each one costing 20k each for 20 minutes. That's 140-240k per hour. Not bad, let's say it takes 30 hours to level, i've made 6 million profit. Now we subtract the teleport fees, maybe i teleported there 6 times. Cost about 50k each let's say, that's 6m - 300k, now i died twice, and I brez myself 1.5m each, now i'm down another 3m. So overall, in that level i've gained about 2.7m for one level at lvl 70. Note that in earlier levels the margin is a bit lower.

Some classes lose money i think. Either way, the crap tha ti picked up while leveling just wen tto pay for heal pots, potions, and soul shots and scrolls. That's all it could afford. Where do you have time to afford the gear that i talked about above?

Overall, it's a great game, it is a very hardcore game. I think greatness may have a better perspective, he's leveled up well and has made money to boot, so he can be a better source.

Also, there isn't really good PvP gear, the top gear for the grade and class is usually the best PvP gear also. The game lacks PvP creativity, i just never noticed it till i thought aobut it. By the way, every character runs around looking the same. Every gladiator in my clan had Tallum set and +7 or more Keshenberk duals. Every Bladedancer lvl 61 and above if they can afford it will have the same gear.

Overall, i had a hell of a lot of fun in Lineage 2, i did hvae fun leveling, but it's very hardcore, i mainly had fun playing the market and truly and legitimately beating teh challenge that this game + the bots which really means just NCsoft enforced.

Try EVE :). Don't forget, everyone is legit. Even though they never play the market, they have 2 lvl 75+ characters, they have roughly 1.5 B worth of adena. I like cambridge, I live in central square where all the homeless people are. Sovrath also lives in the boston area but he's scared of me, he won't meet me for lunch lol.

Cryomatrix

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    About the ebay thing I don;t believe that's true at all.

I satrted in open beta and I have never ebayed a cent. Currently, I think I have ~2 billion in adena on my account, money and gear. How much of my gear did I pay for myself? About 200 mil. The rest of it my clan helped me out tremendously.

The key is to get into a good guild. Good guilds will pool together and help gear everyone out.

It's sad that Cryo didn't see any benefits from owning a castle. Good guild leaders can make a killing off the manor system so I usually got 200+ qhp every couple of weeks from the castle. My guild leader also let me do the manor and I could get the actual items from the manor if I deposited the seeds through him.

I realize finding a good guild like this is pretty difficult, especially considering how generous our guild and guild leader were. But, guilds like that are out there.

I know it was definitely more easy to make money back in the day, but currently the way i see it, many of the players today are ebayers, maybe those from 2-3 years back not so much, but currently yes.

I do see the value of owning a castle, but as you said, you had a good guild leader, i wonder how many of those are out there. It's nice for a clan to own a castle but it's not always best of the best.

I congratulate you on having 2 billion in adena on your account, if i remember correctly, didnt you admit to botting or was it someone else, if it is someone else i apologize. There are definitely legit people all over Lineage 2, and very rich ones, but look at how many bots there are out there, they make tons of $$, they have to be supported by the amount of players that actually do ebay.

I still hold that many people do ebay, i'd think 50% of or more of the current players probably do or have at one point. Are there exceptions? Of course, nothing is 100%, it's just it is so tough to make money out there, i can't see many people sitting there and playing the market. Anyway, i've finished commenting on lineage 2 in this fashion haha, it's out of my system now. LOL.

Btw 2billion in adena can probably sell for $2,000.

Cryomatrix

It was harder to make money back in the day because you didn't have 7 signs or anyy of the helpful noobie stuff like gear upgrades.

I leveled from 1-49 with a gastra bow.

I'm just pointing out that you relaly don't need to ebay. If you stick with the noob upgrades and use the catacombs for aa and weapon upgrades you'll be self sufficient. AA is going at a rate of 3:1 now that the farmers are banned. Crazy money is to be made. That'll put you through c grade. As long as you get a good guild to help you out with your b grade crafts you should be OK.

And yes I do bot but the gear I got I wouldn't have gained through botting. It's pretty unreasonable to bot that much adena solo. Use www.l2wh.com to find where the best drops are for your level. From 48-55 you can level off of old mahums and they drop kris recipes. Those go for 17 mil each. You'll probably get 2-5 depending on how lucky you are between 7 levels. With a guild helping you and smart leveling you shouldn't have gear propblems.

I 100% believe that you can do without Ebaying one bit. But honestly, do you think people will take the time to do that, when 5 hours of extra work at their job can save them all the trouble. You can do without ebay in this game, it's just are people willing to put in the time to do it? I don't think so, maybe i made my money in the most stupid of ways, but it took me a hell of a long time, i know there are tons of people who made billions when A grade helm recipes came out, i know people who make billions by Overenchanting.

And you're right botting solo is not very lucrative

Let me rephrase.

For noobs:
    This is a tough game where the economy is as brutal as the grind. Many, not all, perhaps not the majority, bot/ebay to offset how tough the economy/grind can be. The game is also filled with botters supplying the ebayers their adena for cash trade. The PvP is fun for many people, i dont' think it's creative or takes intelligence or even much skill, overall the sieges are fun, the game is well put, the graphics are nice.

When playing the game from level 1 up until the lvl 70's, you will encounter very few gankers, many many many bots, a good community, prices that increase into insanity, good graphical game play, nice areas, crappy and useless optional quests, crappy and long required quests, you will find many players to level with you (depending on class), you'll find opportunities to partake in some raids, you'll find many people who talk crap, you'll find many spaces taken up by bots, you'll find many people who will grind in one spot for hours at a time (like i used to, 10 hours baby in one spot, woot . .. not). Many people will be helpful. You will see many characters that look exactly like you, you'll see many pink/red ugly looking swords on nukers, you'll see many blue-clad melee characters, you'll see many players killing with a lackey following them.

You will hear about one clan fighting another, you'll probably see clan warfare spill over into your leveling area, you'll get ganked by the warring clan, you'll see people talking trash all day, everytime you level you'll realize how much time it took (depends on class), after hitting lvl 70 like i did, you'll realize that you're not even half-way to lvl 75 lol.

Also, you'll hate NCsoft with a passion. You'll see events come out tuesday at noon, and you'll see people in Giran selling thousands of the "event item" by nightfall, definitely by next morning, and perhaps by the time you get back from work. You'll see people in giran selling a bone arrow for 1,000,000,000 adena at least weekly. You'll see vehemently legit people be exposed as cheaters (a.k.a Tim heggerd personality), you'll see accusations of ebay/bot thrown all over the servers at every clan and every alliance. You'll port into a place and hope the bots aren't there and then get deflated when 234el23hrfkjh and 234hlk2jh3 and when you try to train them, the bot controller comes and takes you out.

You'll have fun playing the game, the world is beautiful, it is nicely put, it's a smooth game, the gameplay itself is quite fun, you'll feel a sense of accomplishment as you finish your 3rd class transfer, i loved the game until I hit lvl 50 and then the grind really started to kick in. The game is challenging to survive, you just can't be an idiot, you just have to be a bit above idiot and you can do the game, it's not like WoW where you can succeed in the game while having Down syndrome. You can expect to leave your game up overnight trying to sell things.

That's what to expect from the game.

Cryomatrix

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Tell you right, now turn around and back away, unless you are willing to dive head first and hold your breath until the end. image (hehe get it, turn around...back away...haha thats means go forward...ahh nvm...)

Good game, worth a try! Not like WoW really. Much more "hardcore" in it's mechanics.

lvl 1-40 isn't bad esspecially now with the new chronicles and stuff, but lvl 70+ it takes you about an hour to make 5% maybe even less of a level. A death at that lvl can mean hours more of grind unless you get a percent rez...u'll learn about those.

Learn to enjoy the game how it is, or learn to bot...thats basically it...

Yes you loose exp upon death, but be lucky before the latest patch you could also loose your gear, lol...so not so hardcore anymore.

Every 6 months you get free HUGE expansions, imo this is one reason that makes this MMO greater than all!

And for many L2 Endgame is L2! Endgame is something to strive for, owning castles, pwning players, etc.

Good times, and now you get the epic edition which includes 45 days of play and a sweet ingame item...for like $30...so really u are just paying $10 for the game itself, heck that is cheaper than buying super breakout for a mac...haha.

Originally posted by Jukan

Every 6 months you get free HUGE expansions, imo this is one reason that makes this MMO greater than all!

The insufferable bot problem, in which bots are everywhere and in your face, not in instances, which translates to Lineage 2 having the worst bot problem of any game and NCsoft's refusal to "really" solve the problem makes it this MMO worse than all.

Cryomatrix

P.S. it's not really that bad, but the botting really brings the game down hardcore.
  • JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325

OMG just a few weeks ago they did insane bot bannings. Farmers, peoples buff bots, people were all banned. The servers were light status for like 2 weeks... I use to think NCsoft did nothing until that time. But the point is there is money to be made and so you can't keep the farmers away. And you can't keep the player bots away (even though tons got afraid and stopped botting) because they don't care about the account. They bot for 3 months hit lvl 76 and get a few months of PvP before they are banned, rinse and repeat. They didn't loose anything cause they didn't work for anything...

Seriously, yes L2 has bots, yes there are LOTS OF THEM...but wholly crap get over it... The game has been out for practically 3 years, you think people would finally just realize the game is fine with them, and to just enjoy it and not take it so seriously.

Bots never get in my face...they get in my face I kill the mother f*cker... At 70+ I rarely see bot trains...

• AbbakingAbbaking Member Posts: 30

i would advise u not to cause i have played it before and it is fun for a while untill u get to your goal then it gets boring and the grind is even worse

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Cryomatrix

Originally posted by Jukan

The insufferable bot problem, in which bots are everywhere and in your face, not in instances, which translates to Lineage 2 having the worst bot problem of any game and NCsoft's refusal to "really" solve the problem makes it this MMO worse than all.

Cryomatrix

P.S. it's not really that bad, but the botting really brings the game down hardcore.

OP, if you don't like "grind" then don't play L2....don't play MMO's for that matter.

I agreed with you cryo up to your "P.S."  lol.

Sometime I think the knowledge that there are bots in the game is our biggest enemy. We sometimes suspect everyone of being a bot. That alone runes the atmosphere. Many many times, I thought someone was a bot and then cynically PMed them to see and got a PM back, then a conversation then a group. I'll tell your where I see it the most.

• Starter areas. Now this just sucks. This is where your new players see this crap. This is where people don't give the game a chance and then come flame it. And rightly so. Its NCSofts fault for letting it happen.
    • The catacombs. Again a high traffic area that could easily be policed. Every damn time I go in any of the catacombs, there are a few groups of bots. This always brings the trainers. Between the two, its impossible to get a good grind session in. The best solution is to train them yes, but that takes my play time up. And if the bots "force log" when they detect the aggro then come back in 2 or 3 minutes, you still have the same problem and wasted your time. The catacombs are a very high profit area as both adena and seals drop. The areas are really the foundation of the economy. Think of the catacombs as asteriod mining in EVE.

Outside of those 2 areas I don't run into bots a whole lot. No more then any other game. Why bots are attached to the starter areas is beyond me. Lazyness and complacency on the part of the operators? No fear from NCSoft? Probably yes on all counts. What really makes it difficult lately is most of the bots are force logging now. Not as many did it on my server a few months ago. Now I'm lucky to get a kill in. (anyone who knows any killing tricks to bots who force log, let me know)

Overall, IMHO the bot problem has gotten worse in the past year. But subs have increased alot at the same time. If things are proportionate, more bots are needed to farm more gold for the ebayers. When I started playing a year ago, L2 had 64k players. Now there are over 100k. Along with that growth comes more bots/farmers unfortunately.

Which as my last point...there is no need at all to ebay in L2. I made tons of cash, cryo made tons of cash, greatness does pretty well, lots of posters here made lots of money. The whole problem can be summed up like this....its not easy. If you want easy, play a different game and don't buy adena. There is nothing wrong with that. Don't support the farmers.

We even share our knowledge of what we learned about the economy with this community which for the mostpart is ignored  and continues with its mindless bashing of the game. 

• soltysplsoltyspl Member UncommonPosts: 58

Everything in WoW was a grind. From end game gear to PvP... one big grind. You needed more time than skill to excel in WoW.

Everything in L2 is a grind as well, especially if you think about pvp in some meaningful manner (read - not being cannon fodder). Sure, you can make money fast if you have a brain, still sitting in giran 24/7 on few accounts is hardly playing a game (2d bot of your choice and remote pc controlled by some means help quite a bit though).

If you're looking for a mmorpg that has minimal/no grind, but actually has some meaningful content favoring real player skills, there's a small light in tunnel called DF, if it ever gets released and if devs don't screw it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DStuff

• jadams113jadams113 Member Posts: 5
    This is good information here.
  • jdoghstrjdoghstr Member Posts: 5
    Agreed!  Lineage 2 is a great game and much better than WoW in my opinion.

• loopylizardloopylizard Member Posts: 40

There is a lot of good info on this one i agree and most of it is true. I love wow and ryzome and hated lineage 2 for all the probulens it had. wow is a grind yes but its a relaxing grind you dont have to worry about being ganked, trained, pked, griefed, or ksed. at least on a pve server, un like kineage 2 in which all of these probulems exist. You also dont have to worry about camping and can solo to the lvl cap in wow, unlike lineage 2 where if you solo you are like the one guy put it cannon foder lol. Oh yes and I have to say bots bots and more bots which will hold you out of areas you want to play in and pay to play in but cant becoues the gms wont help you. I played lineage 2 the first year it came out so it may have improved somewhat sounds like you can make money easyer now than you could back then and the item loss on death taken out on players with no karma is a huge help but tell me do these probluems still exist? If so and you are tired of wow try ryzom its a really good game as well. Its funny before i quit playing lineage 2 we were complaneing on how the market was going threw the roof and you couldnt afford anything much and said pretty soon it would be a game just for bots then the bots could sell to the bots looks like that really happened rofl 

The game has been out for 3 years and you played it 2 years ago. Somehow you think you're qualified to say how the game is?image