Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

im bored and thought that this might help.

PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

hey, its obvious that this would be an incredibly long and drawn out debate if that were the intent.  just know that its not.  i just wanna know what percentage of people on this site actually believe in the God of the Bible.  im not pushing anything here.  just curious.

please no insults about posts made on other threads, no flaming others for their opinion please.  this is just a poll.  im just curious about it, and dont need youre opinion on me opinion.

feel free to post.  however, please keep it civil.  believing in God is not a sign of weakness or stupidity.  and nor is not believing in God.  the sign of stupidity and weakness is the inability to be civil and allow others to have their own opinion.

Comments

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    I don't know.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    For all intents and purposes, I believe that most translations of the Bible are accurate and get the correct point across.  But I'm sure you all knew that already.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918
    God is a supercomputer in the matrix, that is itself, within a matrix.

No, seriously, I believe God exists. I also believe that some parts of the bible are stories or changed truths to get the message across- but we take them in literal terms.

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    I believe that the bible does have a lot of accurate history written in it.  I do think, however, that people blamed a god for things that they did not understand at the time, while the stories they told were either mere occurances, or exagerated stories, or even out and out lies.  

I also think that the bible, being written, and changed, and chosen, and translated all by man, makes it very inaccurate.  You would have to be a fool to believe that what is written in the bible at this time was the same thing that was written two thousand years ago.  Humans are fallable.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    I believe you are more bored than me.
  • PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

Originally posted by baff
    I believe you are more bored than me.

lol, agreed

Originally posted by Xexima
    I believe that the bible does have a lot of accurate history written in it.  I do think, however, that people blamed a god for things that they did not understand at the time, while the stories they told were either mere occurances, or exagerated stories, or even out and out lies.  

I also think that the bible, being written, and changed, and chosen, and translated all by man, makes it very inaccurate.  You would have to be a fool to believe that what is written in the bible at this time was the same thing that was written two thousand years ago.  Humans are fallable.

while i respect your opinion and viewpoint, i dont believe that im a "fool" because i believe the Bible.

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by PlanoMM

while i respect your opinion and viewpoint, i dont believe that im a "fool" because i believe the Bible.
    If you'd please read that again, I did not call you a fool for believing in the bible, I said anyone who thinks that it hasn't changed is a fool, which is a completely rational statement.

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

-I believe that (1)existence as a whole is god and that we are all part of god.
    -I also believe it is (2)life's job to spread and grow throughout the universe.

1-Existence means everything, including other dimensions if they exist.
    2-Life meaning all living things.

So I chose the I am god option because technically in this belief, that is a true statement.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

Originally posted by PlanoMM

If you'd please read that again, I did not call you a fool for believing in the bible, I said anyone who thinks that it hasn't changed is a fool, which is a completely rational statement.

well, honestly, i do believe that the only thing that has changed in the Bible is the language used.  i believe that the message put forth is exactly the same.  so i guess im a fool, lol.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    The bible is a story not an historical record. 
  • BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo
    -I believe that (1)existence as a whole is god and that we are all part of god.
    -I also believe it is (2)life's job to spread and grow throughout the universe.

1-Existence means everything, including other dimensions if they exist.
    2-Life meaning all living things.

So I chose the I am god option because technically in this belief, that is a true statement.

I'm gonna have to agree with you there. I am God is probobally the best option up there, ironically. I just chose the supercomputer for lack of finding a better one firsthand.

this is very interesting.  the only thing that hasnt been picked yet is the Aliens and cave men thing.  lol, no doubt it will be.  but its interesting to see what everyone thinks is the truth.