Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very Bad Game

2»

Comments

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Shrimp10

-Erm, actually thinking that it isn't boring for everyone shows that I understand that people have different opinions, and that is a sign of maturity, not being retarded.  

-And just because not a lot of people on this site think RS is good doesn't mean the game is crap, as it all still leads down to the fact that everybody has different opinions.  

-Oh man...sweet jesus you are stupid...I wasn't talking about you I was talking about ME. And I meant if you think it's boring for everyone then you are retarded. When I say "you" I'm not directing it towards YOU.
  • Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

-Erm, actually thinking that it isn't boring for everyone shows that I understand that people have different opinions, and that is a sign of maturity, not being retarded.  
    -And just because not a lot of people on this site think RS is good doesn't mean the game is crap, as it all still leads down to the fact that everybody has different opinions.  

-Oh man...sweet jesus you are stupid...I wasn't talking about you I was talking about ME. And I meant if you think it's boring for everyone then you are retarded. When I say "you" I'm not directing it towards YOU.

The way you just stated your words shows that you are clinging for life in this argument.   And you've just admitted that all you're talking about is yourself, which means your not accepting other people's opinions properly.  

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

-The way you just stated your words shows that you are clinging for life in this argument. 

-And you've just admitted that all you're talking about is yourself, which means your not accepting other people's opinions properly.  

-Are you seriosly sitting at your computer right now thinking "Oh ya! I'm SoOoOoOo owning this guy!"

-No, I was correcting you. There's a difference between that and self centeredness.

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

-The way you just stated your words shows that you are clinging for life in this argument. 
    -And you've just admitted that all you're talking about is yourself, which means your not accepting other people's opinions properly.  

-Are you seriosly sitting at your computer right now thinking "Oh ya! I'm SoOoOoOo owning this guy!"

-No, I was correcting you. There's a difference between that and self centeredness.

Well I'm not exactly sitting here and thinking that I'm winning you over, I'm just thinking to myself that you are no big threat, and this is really fun arguing with you.   I don't know why, it just is.    And I know there is a difference between correcting and self centerdness.

MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• BradstarBradstar Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by 92JL

Although I ove this game, I understand your points. I don't agree with the addictable bit because you must admit, most mmorpgs are. So, this is the deal, I don't play on many other mmorpg's, so if you describe to me how it is fun to level up skills there, I will suggest most of the things you have said on the official forums and maybe the mod forums if possible. I will suggest:
    Updating the graphics to 21st century
    Make it less time consuming
    Suggest 5 new fun skills
    Find a way to reduce the amount of younger players
    Suggest better attack styles, attack combos and more creative combat
    Bring back the old Jagex where they mentioned certain people in the team and acted like it was a proper conversation in updates
    Make much more pvp combat areas alongside a vast world map update, making the map 2x bigger
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So all I need to know is how you level up on other mmorpg's so runescape can also do that, and make it more fun.

true ive found some even funner games in life than this i myself am a experianced gamer and i seriously hate this one
  • iampiemaniampieman Member Posts: 38
    I have played many MMORPGs and i must say i do  enjoy this one ive had others wich are better and im also happy you didnt say you hate it  just for graphics....

piepiepiepie i is master of pies!

• HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156

Originally posted by Nuke-Marine
    Originally posted by knightknife
    This is one of the worst games out there right now. Many reasons.....

1. Bad Graphics

2. More time consuming than others

3. Pointless skills that are no fun leveling up

4. People consider playing the game "work" instead of fun

5. The community is very immature, no matter how good you are, your still a noob.

6. Way to many hackers, macroers, and scammers

7. VERY POOR COMBAT SYSTEM you basically eat food and watch tv at the same time

8. JAGEX IS LIKE REALLY GAY!!! they used to be really nice, but now they consider everyone a cheater

9. Extremely addicting, ruins your life

10. PVP is only in certain, extremely avoidable zones

ANYways, its still not worth playing......and Just for the record, i played the game for 2 years i think....got to level 90......so i know what im talkin about.....dont say i dont. It really made my life miserable over that time.
    1. As stated many times, the graphics are Java based. The developers push Java while keeping load times down. The latest graphic updates have been nice (for Java at least).

2. It consumes only the time you give it. A pointless argument.

3. If the skills are pointless, don't bother leveling them up. Players have ability to level quickly if they pay (game money) for the better materials. Higher skills offer better benefits, but are not a necessity unless you WANT that benefit.

4. If it's not fun, you should not be doing. What you call work another may consider devoting an hour of time to something fun.

5. True, a VAST MAJORITY of RS players are younger than 18. This is based off a poll last year by Jagex.

6. Aside from Macroers (which for paying members are not much an issue), you can avoid these. Scamming and hacking occur from your immaturity, which you complained about in number 5. Jagex has an ingame reporting system for all three of these and other rule breakers.

7. Don't try watching TV in the PvP area, you'll quickly get killed. In the leveling aspect, yes you're correct depending on the area you pick. Jagex has a random event set-up that prevents players from taking this to the extreme.

8. Proof?

9. Extremely addicting, yet you complain about how bad it is above? Me thinks you cut your own argument from that. So despite poor graphics, skills, leveling, community and support you can't help but play the game. That suggest that something with the game was done very right.

10. World wide PvP ruined early mmorpg for the casual gamer. Most just want to have fun with the game and not get bullied by players that have 2 year head start. This is partly what draws more and more players to Runescape. Even the PvP areas are varied to give you different risks versus rewards.  Usually those that want unavoidable PvP are looking for easy kills. Jagex decided this is not a good business model and the results are proving them correct.

I too have played over 2 years. I find it enjoyable. The Skinner box approach (more effort to get to each progressive level) is offset by better weapons and abilities to gain levels. The constant updating allows people that have advanced far and pull back from playing to return to something new to try out now and again. I personally find the customer service approachable so long as you're not asking a generic question easily found in their player's guide or on the forums. Ask a generic question, expect a generic response. The community, though mainly teenagers, has a mature subset that enhances the game. The fansites (tip.it and runehq) also add to the game.

YMMV, as always. For $5 a month, with no pre-purchase necessary, you get a MMORPG that you can play solo or with partners. Forced teaming is not necessary for a majority of the game.

1. Text-Adventure is HTML Based...There pushing the limit but its still fun!!! Chyeaah....stop making the arguement that its "Java" based and all that shit. Its like making a pie and the person who ate it hated it. You make an excuse...BUT SIR IT WAS MADE WITH SHIT IT"S AS GOOD AS IT GETS.
    2.About this being a pointless arguement? uuum some of us have lives. it should take an hour to fish lobbys or grind!Imagine this...12 hours a day for 2 months straight.I did that. and I was still getting pwned.
    3.Skillz are pointless don't bother leveling them up? uuum w/e. You need them to pwn and make money. Its a waste of human life leveling them
    4.Yes getting cowhides is considered work for me. Fishing for lobbys is work for me. Waiting 2 hours to buy a R2H is work for me. Its not fun if it feels like work.
    5.Immature kids with no lives in this game. your all like "Yes A majority of kids are under 18 in RUnescape" psshhhhh wat kind of arguemetn is that?
    6.Its unnavoidable. your acting like its the victims fault. My dad is a computer hacker. I got skillz from him. Despite his teachings I've been scammed.Hacked. at least twice.
    7.ummmmm yeah this is self-explanatory.No actual control more of just eat food and pot.
    8.Jagex is notorious for being brutal against ppl who have been scammed and hacked assuming all are bad. Proof? make a thread and you'll get a ton of ppl complainging about customer service.
    9.Addicting? It is no doubt. But is addiction really a good thing.
    10. well I actually agree with this kid over here

Ya heard

• danahaadanahaa Member Posts: 4
    i like runescape. alot. it's simple. and i like that. so image

Finally, somebody who has said something simple in favor of RS.

----

• LostSeraphLostSeraph Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by knightknife

I will say you don't know what you are talking about, because you don't.   You have shown your opinion on the bad aspects of the game but only looked from a single angle.   It doesn't get boring to everyone.   It's written in Java.   It doesn't make everyone's life miserable.   Think about what things before you say them, and look from all possible views.

I will say you don't know what you are talking about, because you don't. Right back atcha, buddy. He told the bad and the good aspects of the game, how can you possibly call that "a single angle"? Also, he was sharing his experiences, not other peoples. Hopefully his experiences will be one-sided, unless he is schizophrenic.

This is one of the worst games out there right now. Many reasons.....

1. Bad Graphics 

Does
    Java mean nothing to you?   They won't be updating the graphics to 21st
    century any time soon because Java is what they can write in...leaving
    Java would wipe out the whole company.
    Yeah. Pretty much.

2. More time consuming than others
    As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a bad thing. Time consuming isn't always a bad thing, but in Runescape's case, time consuming means walking all the way across the map, getting an item, walking all the way back across to complete a small part of the quest, then walking all the way back across the continent to get another item, then walking all the way back across to complete another small part... Normally I guess I would be okay with this since the map is fairly small for an MMO, but there's nothing to do while walking. It's just a bored feeling.3. Pointless skills that are no fun leveling up Are you kidding me, man?   Lay off the crap for a bit.   No fun and pointless, tut tut.Ex. #1 - farming; useless, no fun, pointless, doesn't make moneyEx. #2 - construction; useless, hardly any fun, pointless (except building onto your house), doesn't make any moneyEx. #3 - theiving; useless, repetetive, no fun, pointless, doesn't make moneyMost of the others can make money, but they are no fun whatsoever. I mean, you just tell your character, "okay dude fish lobsters while I watch T.V. because it's so fricken boring watching you fish that I have nothing else to do". Same with mining, runecrafting, ect.
    4. People consider playing the game "work" instead of fun No they dont...Yes they do

5. The community is very immature, no matter how good you are, your still a noob. Rise above it.   Don't let a bunch of immature little bastards get you down.So this game is about improving my morale and resistance against "immature little bastards"? If I wanted to do that, then I would go to a psychologist, or my mother. I wanna have fun here.

6. Way to many hackers, macroers, and scammers Make your pass hard, keep your eyes open during trades, easily avoidable problems.   Macroers - oh well, it will change one day.If you get scammed then you suck at life. Macroers suck at life to begin with.

7. VERY POOR COMBAT SYSTEM you basically eat food and watch tv at the same time This, I have to admit is a let-down but it isn't the end of the world.Yeah, well it's the end of having fun with the combat system.

8. JAGEX IS LIKE REALLY GAY!!! they used to be really nice, but now they consider everyone a cheater This
    is only your opinion.   Personally I have no problem with Jagex, yes
    they can be a bit strict now and again but they are still doing a great
    job.
    I don't care about the company that makes the game, I only care about how the game is. That's like complaining about the people that make your car instead of the car itself.

9. Extremely addicting, ruins your life For
    some people, this game is what keeps them happy.   Take me for
    example.   I have a poor life at school, and this game helps me rise
    above it.   It even keeps some over the top people away from suicide...
    Admitted, that WoW thing was f'ed up. But it really is addicting and when you hate the game and there are better games out there that you could be playing, it's a bad thing.

10. PVP is only in certain, extremely avoidable zones

There
    is nothing wrong with PvP, even though it does lack compared to games
    like WoW as there are no certain worlds for PvP only.   But this is
    part of what makes RS RS.   It has its own ways.  
    PvP sucks, the combat triangle is way unbalanced (mages fricken pwn everybody and rangers suck). However I have no complaints about the location.

There are a few good things.....

1. Pretty balanced economy

2. Plenty of skills     So you are saying there is plenty of skills but none of them are fun?  
    Just because there are a diverse range of skills doesn't mean that any of them automatically become fun. They're all boring.

3. CHEAP (free version sucks after dragonslayer)   True, but isn't Jagex's intention as a business to make money?  
    Yeah.

4. Many things to do (almost to many)   This isn't a bad thing...It gives alot of indecision as to which you should start, and makes the extremely long quests even longer.

5. Constant Updates

6. Its made by EnGlIshMen   OK,
    I see you have put this in your 'good' section, but this is still kind
    of rascist because there's no diffference between the nationallities of
    developers...
    I don't get this one either.

7. Very little Bugs in the game (but they are there)

8. PkIn is fun   Fun but poor eh?   Sort yourself out.PkIn sucks

9. Hard Core Death Penalties (mostly)That's kinda a bad thing in my opinion.

ANYways,
    its still not worth playing......and Just for the record, i played the
    game for 2 years i think....got to level 90......so i know what im
    talkin about.....dont say i dont. It really made my life miserable over
    that time.

• PylypPylyp Member Posts: 14
    i agree that "hard core" death what with the losing of all your itmes was a good idea in theory but just look at what it lead to. its just such an easy soft game where pretty much the only way to die in PvE is through lag. you can eat in combat to instantly heal you to full health and you can just teleport out of combat if you appear to be in any danger. it takes the thrill out of most parts of the game knowing that your character is never really in any danger.
    another thing to add to your list is the incredibly poor NPC AI.
    you shoot at an enemy with an arrow and it will walk to wards you in a perfectly staright line but if a chair or small rock were to obstruct its path it would be unable to navigate its way around it so instead would just stand there untill you kill it.

Originally posted by Pylyp
    i agree that "hard core" death what with the losing of all your itmes was a good idea in theory but just look at what it lead to. its just such an easy soft game where pretty much the only way to die in PvE is through lag. you can eat in combat to instantly heal you to full health and you can just teleport out of combat if you appear to be in any danger. it takes the thrill out of most parts of the game knowing that your character is never really in any danger.
    another thing to add to your list is the incredibly poor NPC AI.
    you shoot at an enemy with an arrow and it will walk to wards you in a perfectly staright line but if a chair or small rock were to obstruct its path it would be unable to navigate its way around it so instead would just stand there untill you kill it.

Yeah, seriously. I mean, even when your character is attacked, if you don't click elsewhere then you walk in a straight line as well.

• yodudeyodude Member Posts: 6

rs sucks eh?

as i say,rs is the BEST game and its the BEST game for ever.

THIS IS TRUE!!!! U CANT CHANGE IT!!!!!!

roland itaru thompson

Originally posted by yodude
    rs sucks eh? as i say,rs is the BEST game and its the BEST game for ever. THIS IS TRUE!!!! U CANT CHANGE IT!!!!!!
        Dude, I don't want to change anything about it. If I did then the game would be even worse, which at this point isn't really possible anyways.
        And, if RS is the best game on the internet then I'm George Bush. And I'm not George Bush.
        Oh, and by the way, shouting something over and over doesn't make it true. Here, I'll try it:
    RS SUCKS YOU STUPID NOOB!!! THIS IS TRUE!!!! U CAN'T CHANGE IT!!!!!!
    How was that? Did it make you believe me? I didn't think so.

• d00mxd00m2d00mxd00m2 Member Posts: 1

imageWHO EVER POST THIS IS AN IDIOT imageBECAUSE THE GRAPHIC AREN'T BADimage U ASS IDIOT UNLESS U ARE AN OLD FASHIONED GRANNYimageTHAT NEVER CHECK FOR ANY UDATESimage

Originally posted by d00mxd00m2
    imageWHO EVER POST THIS IS AN IDIOT imageBECAUSE THE GRAPHIC AREN'T BADimage U ASS IDIOT UNLESS U ARE AN OLD FASHIONED GRANNYimageTHAT NEVER CHECK FOR ANY UDATESimage
    HEY D00M, YOUR CAPS LOCK IS IN FACT WORKING.
    "WHO EVER POST THIS IS AN IDIOT"
    I think you meant whoever 'posted' this.
    "
    BECAUSE THE GRAPHIC AREN'T BAD"
    I think you meant the 'graphics' aren't bad.
    "
    U ASS IDIOT UNLESS U ARE AN OLD FASHIONED GRANNY"
    Shut up and stop flaming, idiot.
    "
    THAT NEVER CHECK FOR ANY UDATES"
    Never checks, not check. Jesus man, you really need help with the plural form of words.

Stop flaming like an immature kid or don't post here.

• AbsoluteDudeAbsoluteDude Member Posts: 241

Example:Keep playing runescape and youll turn out like shrimp10 some dumb*** with no life and plays rs and wow all day and he is 41

Hahahaha sad little life

Originally posted by sparky7483

There are only 4 main things that I see wrong with this game
    *Community
    just a bunch of stupid 9 year olds
    *Constant grinding
    it takes hours 2 lvl up
    *The horrible clicking
    the lack of WASD kinda makes 4 a boring way 2 get around
    *Combat
    its just click and watch, no special attacks or anything, unless u have a dragon weapon
    Ive also found ways 2 fix em
    *Make a kids RS and a teen RS
    *Reduce the lvl exp needed 2 lvl up
    *Make a boxed WASD version
    *Include special attacks
    I dont really see problems with the graphics or sound tho.

If you looked at your signature you said in the post that the games not that bad but on your sign it says life is full of choices dont make RS one of them....make up your mind....

As said by lostseraph about the thieving skill

Ex. #3 - theiving; useless, repetetive, no fun, pointless, doesn't make money

Whats wrong with you thieving DOES make money Did you even TRY it or are you just saying something you heard someone else say Ive managed to make 100k fast from thieving before Im just trying to correct things like this not to start a flame war....

• ArkeiArkei Member Posts: 22
    ;Go flame a company that actually cares.
  • TrojangokuTrojangoku Member Posts: 16
    To be truthful Runescape does not suck. It's just not your type of game.

So just because you suck at a game don't mean the game sucks.

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by Trojangoku
    To be truthful Runescape does not suck. It's just not your type of game.

So just because you suck at a game don't mean the game sucks.

Yeah, its the type of game for fat kids with nothin else 2 do.

We do not suck at playing RS (who could?). We just don't like it.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by iampieman

Originally posted by sparky7483

There are only 4 main things that I see wrong with this game
    *Community
    just a bunch of stupid 9 year olds
    *Constant grinding
    it takes hours 2 lvl up
    *The horrible clicking
    the lack of WASD kinda makes 4 a boring way 2 get around
    *Combat
    its just click and watch, no special attacks or anything, unless u have a dragon weapon
    Ive also found ways 2 fix em
    *Make a kids RS and a teen RS
    *Reduce the lvl exp needed 2 lvl up
    *Make a boxed WASD version
    *Include special attacks
    I dont really see problems with the graphics or sound tho.

If you looked at your signature you said in the post that the games not that bad but on your sign it says life is full of choices dont make RS one of them....make up your mind....

I never said the game wasnt that bad. I just said that i dont see any problem with the graphics or sound(even though they both suck)

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------

• ArkeiArkei Member Posts: 22
    MikeM8, go dig a hold and bury yourself in it! If you can flame, i flame you back!

Originally posted by iampieman
    As said by lostseraph about the thieving skill Ex. #3 - theiving; useless, repetetive, no fun, pointless, doesn't make money Whats wrong with you thieving DOES make money Did you even TRY it or are you just saying something you heard someone else say Ive managed to make 100k fast from thieving before Im just trying to correct things like this not to start a flame war....
    Yes, I've tried it. I had 40 thieving by the time I quit stealing stuff. 100k fast? How fast, because if you want to make it worth your time you have to get a really high thieving level, like lvl80 or something. Compare thieving to something like pure essence mining and you start to realize how useless thieving is. With pure essence, you basically get 100gp every second. Thieving takes longer, sometimes you fail and if you do you get hit which is the "no fun" part. Also, you have to manually control each theft, while with pure essence you just click on the rock and walk away, then when you come back you have a full inventory of essence (3.2k).