Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was banned as well

I was banned as well.  I actually flip from Windows to Gentoo Linux.  I don't run Cedega but I use the free WineX.  I basically use Linux to do Instance raiding because it offers me a FPS bump I do not get in Windows XP.  I was wrongfully banned from WoW, I have 3 accounts (Mine, my wife and my son) and only 1 of them was banned.  We all play from the same IP address.  I am a UI freak.  I love to try out new mods and implement them as best as I can.  I mainly use a LOT of the Ace2 mods.

I refuse to purchase another copy of WoW simply for the fact that I don't want the new account to get banned either and then another waste of money and time.  I have never used any 3rd party software other than the UI Mods on Ace2 and a few on ui.worldofwar.net.  I've never cheated in any games that I play because I don't see the full point of it. 

My characters are these:

lvl 60 NE Rogue, 7/8 tier 0, 21 gold

lvl 60 Tauren Druid, 2/8 tier 0, 17 Gold

lvl 60 Undead Warlock, 3/8 tier 0, 32 gold

I've worked long and hard on these 3 characters but i'm more or less a casual gamer.  I don't have a lot of time to work on these characters sometimes but when i did have the time, it was pretty non-stop.  I am an Honest gamer that got the shaft big time on this.  As soon as a Class Action Lawsuit creeps around, i want to jump on that and get all of my money back that i've given blizzard.  This was a total waste of time, money and energy.  I would suggest to all of you if you continue to play, only play in Windows or OSX... Don't run any UI Mods and play by their rules. 

If I could get evidence to support my theory, It would probably screw blizzard over in a large way.  In the TOU, it plainly states that Blizzard has the right to scan your RAM and storage devices.  What this tells me is that they are physically scanning your data at will.  Look out.  If you don't want Blizzard to know your private/business affairs, I would suggest you disagree to the EULA/TOU and return the product for your money.  There is obviously something devious going on.  I don't have the time to produce this evidence because I have a job and money comes first in my book.  If there are any people out there that could produce such evidence, it would be a major turn over for Blizzard. 

I am sickened by this lack of support and lack of reason.  All I asked them was to produce the evidence that they found "Third Party Software" on my computer.  That's all.  If there is something on my computer, i'd like to know about it so I can get rid of it.  And hopefully get my account turned back on and continue where I left off.  I've played WoW since inception, was even in Beta, and I have sunk a lot of time into those 3 characters.  I have never had one incident of a GM Email or In-game tell of any wrong doing and I get slapped with a Perma-ban on my first "offense".  This is not fair and I plead with all of you to let Blizzard know they are doing something wrong. 

Thanks for listening!

DrArkaneX

Comments

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Hope they sort it out for you.

And grovel and give you free gametime and extra stuff.

• drarkanexdrarkanex Member Posts: 153
    i wish.  I sent an email, and got an email back saying "it was indeed merited" and "we cannot provide information on how we aquired this information in order to protect our security measures"

• SinitassuSinitassu Member Posts: 67
    I think Blizzard has totally gone over my tolerance. I stopped playing as this warden stuff is becoming more and more ugly. I think Blizzard is going over its rights in looking through your files! That is totally worng, an orwellian nightmare. I'm not going to play any game in which you need to agree to these total violations of privacy. Hope they'll pass some kind of law on it in the EU so atleast european players would be free of these kinds of violations. I've never botted.

- Tassu

"Lick My Weapons"

• drarkanexdrarkanex Member Posts: 153

I just signed up for Star Wars Galaxies... so my WoW days are officially over...

:)

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884

Originally posted by drarkanex

I just signed up for Star Wars Galaxies... so my WoW days are officially over...
    :)

Good luck playing SWG after playing a game like WoW, it's really hard to play a game that doesn't feel as smooth as WoW does... also, if you played SWG before the NGE, you're in for a big shock when you go back - i know i was. image

-iCeh

• TansTans Member Posts: 240

Warden's activities are very highly exaggerated.

Warden recurses through all of your open windows, and takes each and every string that is in the window. This means it reads text like:
    - the window title
    - all of your open tabs in firefox
    - the content of those tabs
    - information in any textboxes (message posting, username, passwords)
    - what track you are listening to in winamp, windows media player, etc.

Invasion of privacy? It would be, except it's not. Why?

Warden does not actually "read", "understand" or report the text to anyone, anywhere. It is not transmitted to Blizzard. They will never see it.

What Warden does is compares each string to a table of "hashes". Let's make an example.

Text, hash: (note the text is not actually stored, only the hash and an ID)
    WoW bot 1, fedcba0987654321 (ID#1)
    WoW bot 2, 0192837465fadcbe (ID#2)

So Warden is going through your open windows, this is what it sees:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer, 1234567890abcdef
    Winamp, 9ab4c6534c57ba23

1. Warden goes through it's list and compares 1234567890abcdef to each hash in the list.
    2. It doesn't match, the text is discarded.
    3. Warden goes through it's list and compares 9ab4c6534c57ba23 to each hash in the list.
    4. It doesn't match, the text is discarded.

Let's say you have the program "WoW bot 1" open. Warden will take the window title and hash it to fedcba0987654321. It will run through it's list and recognise that it matches ID #1. It will report to Blizzard that a positive match was found, and that it matched ID #1. The GMs will now test your account using various methods to determine if you are running a bot. If it's determined that you are (and they aren't usually wrong, but check out the Cedega scandal) you will be banned.

So as you can see, Blizzard actually DOESN'T invade your privacy.

---------------------------------------
    Why are you reading this? This is crap compared to what's above.

• OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378
    I wouldn't worry WoW is a terrible game anyway.  I am sorry you wasted your life leveling three characters... shame.

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

Yeah im just finished with playing WoW.

Current account got banned too, one of my friends was a botter hardcore, he would send me gold all the time to help pay for my warriors epic mount. GM's  found out and gave us both the stick.  But blizzard litterally knows everything that goes on ingame.  From what i heard, they can tell where you grind, how much rep youve gotten in the past month, how often you do instances, how you spend your gold ect.

Oh btw, never change your password too often.  One of my accounts way back had gotten hacked, I litterally changed the password every 3-4 days to update my security.  And get this, blizzard compromised my account because I was changing the password too often.