Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye Bye Closed Beta, hello Open.

RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

The Bartz server will be brought down on Sunday March 21 at 10:00am PST, and will be brought back up on Monday March 22 at 8:00pm.

During the down time, the server will be updated with the Prelude version of Lineage II.

In preparation for the Prelude update, we encourage all players to update their version of Lineage II, by running Lineage2.exe. The client will automatically download the newest version.

Some of the features in the Prelude version:
-Second Career Transfers has been added -- 31 new classes total
-More lands to explore, including Sea of Spores and Oren lands.
-New monsters added.
-Enhanced keyboard movement & first-person viewpoint.
-Enhanced monster taming system added.

However, Prelude will be introduced first. Open Beta and Open Beta plans will be forthcoming.... eventually.

Soon, Soon, Closed Beta will be no longer, MUW AH HA HA HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
-Raptor

-Raptor

Comments

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

good stuff ^^ too bad im nowhere near 40 atm >_<!!!

--------------------------------------

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

Let me finish proof reading my posts!!!! You beat me by 15 seconds. = )

-Raptor

-Raptor

• DarkCrusaderDarkCrusader Member Posts: 14

yay at last! OB :D

• Good! Finaly once OB comes along I can finaly see more content in which to judge my view of the game. So many to chose from and I'm hoping to have some good content brought in to Linage before I turn my back.

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

Quit abusing the beta right as a game 'preview'. Either 'test' or get out. =P

TY for the info Raptor. No point in playing in CB for the next day or so then, since withi OB comes a server wipe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• TDkRypT1kTDkRypT1k Member Posts: 2
    I've never been in a closed beta before.... Only open betas, so upcoming open beta makes me image

• I test, but from what I have it just hasn't seemed like one I'd want to play after launch. I've heard that once the cronicles is released it will get better, so I'm hoping that it will come soon. Thats all.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Um, I'm sorry to let you all down.

http://www.l2orphus.com/news.php?id=45

-Machiavelli

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

It'll be here soon enough!  It's worth the wait!

http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

[quote]Originally posted by RaptorStorm

However, Prelude will be introduced first. Open Beta and Open Beta plans will be forthcoming.... eventually. [/b][/quote]

Yes, OB is not this Monday. The line above that was in my first post was stated by the NCS community coordinator, he stated that there was a change in plans, OB was going to be when Prelude came into focus but they, yet again, changed their minds.

Though I can only guess the OB is only days away for them the change plans like this, unless they just like messing with us.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• madtmoamadtmoa Member Posts: 16

any chance that there are some exact date/hour/minute/second to OpenBeta coming? image

cant wait without knowing how much more image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    noah!.. you will not control me! noah!.. you will not take my soul! noah!.. you will not win this game!

I was told the first week or so of April but NCS is changing plans again and I think it has to do with the FilePlanet offer, so I am now doubting what NCS has previously stated. This is merely speculation.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• HunterpolandHunterpoland Member Posts: 4
    What is the diference betwen Open and Closed Beta ?? I was asigned to Closed Beta.

In the case of Lineage 2 it doesn't mean much. Closed beta was still stress testing and testing a lot of the game mechanics, were open beta will be testing content and game play. The game has already gone through the beta process three other times, so most of what was being tested was minor. This is an unusual case though, typically beta run like this...

Closed Beta = You are selected via email to sign an NDA and test the game in its most unstable form. Here the game devs are still working on tons of things and you are playing to report bugs back to them.

Open Beta = Anyone that signs up can get in, hence the word "open". You are still testing the game but because of the mass amount of people an open beta can draw, devs don't really care as much about all the bug reports, it becomes more of seeing how there servers handle lots of people.

Lineage 2 was a lot more unorthodox. They let thousands of preordering people into closed beta when they were only supposed to be in open beta, and now open beta is actually more like the "release" of the game because they put the prelude into open beta which is what the overseas versions went release with.

So really to answer your question, with Lineage 2, there is no difference other then the characters get deleted this 28th.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312
    Actually it does sort of make since A. They're allowing anyone that wants to join in. B. It's an introduction to the story C. Everyone that makes characters during open beta will get to keep them.

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

Oh, I agree it makes sense with what they are doing. I was meaning that it is far far different from the way most others do it (mmorpgs i mean).

-Raptor

-Raptor

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

Originally posted by RaptorStorm

Oh, I agree it makes sense with what they are doing. I was meaning that it is far far different from the way most others do it (mmorpgs i mean).
    -Raptor

aye, it is weird but change is good.

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I