Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Read This Beta Winners!!!

...ok DELETED

Comments

• TyrolerTyroler Member Posts: 97
    Go away
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Trading and/or asking people to trade keys/accounts/etc. is forbidden by this sites rules of conduct. Please delete this on your own, so I don't feel obligated to report you. Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day::::01::

• WarmechhWarmechh Member Posts: 126
    sry dint know....how do I delete??? lemme try...again.....sry...
  • JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Originally posted by Zorvan

Trading and/or asking people to trade keys/accounts/etc. is forbidden by this sites rules of conduct. Please delete this on your own, so I don't feel obligated to report you. Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day::::01::

There is nothing in the rules of conduct that say it's not allowed to trade beta keys. The rules of conduct specifically mention no trading of in game items. Beta keys are not in game items, they are access to beta test.

Why would you not want someone to give away or trade 1 beta key for another? It benefits the games in question if a non user gives their key to someone who is interested in beta testing the product.

I currently have a beta key to a big name 07 release which I am considering giving away or trading for another beta key because I hate the game design and hardly ever log in anymore.

I would be very interested in beta testing Spellborn.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

They state very clearly that prizes in the contests here are non-transferable, for one.

Edit: spelling::::07::

Can you please link that statement.

I reread both the rules of conduct for this site and the specific rules for the Spellborn beta key giveaway and don't see it.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    www.vanguardsoh

Originally posted by Jorev
    Can you please link that statement.
    I reread both the rules of conduct for this site and the specific rules for the Spellborn beta key giveaway and don't see it.

You should read closer:

MMORPG.com Chronicles of Spellborn 250 Beta Giveaway!
    OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:

PRIZE
    The prize is one (1) of two hundred fifty (250) beta accounts for The Chronicles of Spellborn for Windows PC. Accounts are non-transferable. Winners are responsible for providing true and correct information.

Beta account prizes have no value. These prizes are to be awarded by Cyber Creations Inc. (herein known as "CCI") which is the parent company of MMORPG.COM. Prizes are not transferable. Any taxes, duty or extra fees are the responsibility of the winner. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, except as provided by the manufacturer. In the event a prize is not available CCI will replace it with another prize of equal or greater value. No replacements will be made for non-value items (ie beta accounts).

NOTE: This contest is being operated solely by MMORPG.COM, not Spellborn International. Any issues/disputes that arise as a result of this contest will be handled by CCI/MMORPG.COM. Members are NOT to contact Spellborn International regarding this contest.

HOW TO ENTER
    Entries may be submitted via the form below. All persons entering are required to have an active MMORPG.COM account with a validated e-mail address (your account must be activated). Unsubscribing from the MMORPG.COM Web site removes the entrant's eligibility to win. It is completely free to subscribe to the MMORPG.COM membership plan.

ELIGIBILITY
    The drawing is only eligible to members of the MMORPG.COM Web site who are residents of a country where such contests are not prohibited by law, who are 13 years of age or older and not employees of CCI, CCI sponsors, CCI volunteer staff or CCI affiliates and their families. Only one entry is allowed per person and is limited to one entry per household.

WINNER SELECTION
    TWO HUNDRED FIFTY (250) ticket-winners will be selected on November 01, 2006 at 9PM EST. These tickets will be selected by a computer random number generation algorithm designed by CCI.

As a reward to dedicated members, they will receive an additional chance at winning for every 5 day(s) they have logged into MMORPG.COM, up to a maximum of 5 chances. Only one login per day will be counted. Only dates from 10/02/06 through 11/01/06 will be counted.

The winners will be notified by email within 24 hours of their member number being selected randomly as a winner. Winners will have to confirm their prize within 24 hours by visiting the web page described in the winner email instructions. Winners are confirmed on a first come - first serve basis. Only the original recipient of the prize email is eligible to win. Winners will be required to respond within 24 hours to claim their prize. If after this time no names have been confirmed, we will disqualify remaining tickets and select the remaining winners by a method of our choosing.

Winners will be required to provide proof of eligibility (age, name and address). Information will have to match your MMORPG.COM account values.

Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. CCI is not responsible for late, misdirected or damaged communication of any kind including computer failure. All decisions are final. The odds of a winning number being drawn are approximately 1 in 500. A list of winners shall be available by sending a written request to Cyber Creations Inc. c/o contest winners, 75-5751 Kuakini Hwy. Suite #204, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740. By accepting the prize, winners agree that CCI, its directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability for, and shall hold all such parties harmless against damage, loss or injury that may arise in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes or participation in this giveaway.

Back To Contest

I found three spots in the contest rules without even trying.

Edit: This is from the Rules of Conduct:

In-Game Item Transfers - MMORPG.com cannot - for legal reasons - play host to transfers on in-game items, currency or any other transfers.This includes swaps for money or equivalent items.

I stand corrected. I don't know how I missed it.

Brad McQuaid
    www.vanguardsoh