Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol about the exodus poll

That was the challenge i gave to the mod who emailed me all cocky about the stradden post challenging me to talk to stradden direct when i already have. I challenged them to put that poll and if the results were that everyone thinks this board was unbiased i would call stradden himself and apoligize and never post here again LOL. That mods response and locking of the thread pretty much says it all...Guess we all have to wait for operation stradden freedom

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Aren't you so cool and rebellious image

• dontchatheredontchathere Member Posts: 37
    what i tell ya lol. Thanks for making my point. This ones probably already minority reported to lets try a test ok i think obrak is great /sarcasm off 

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

Originally posted by dontchathere
    That was the challenge i gave to the mod who emailed me all cocky about the stradden post challenging me to talk to stradden direct when i already have. I challenged them to put that poll and if the results were that everyone thinks this board was unbiased i would call stradden himself and apoligize and never post here again LOL. That mods response and locking of the thread pretty much says it all...Guess we all have to wait for operation stradden freedom

Righteo, that’s a bit confusing. Are you saying that thread was made by a mod? And by saying "that" mod multiple times while referring to different people it sounds like it was me who emailed you when it wasn't.

I've got a brilliant idea. Lets make a poll in the SWG Vet forum asking if they think the forums are unbiased... It doesn't take a genius to realize that’s a stupid idea. We all know everyone trys to stay away from that forum except for people such as yourself pretty much. How about making a poll in the General forum about that? Im pretty sure we'd get a much more accurate answer and I'd put money on it not being in your favor.

Edit: There was no report. You are trolling the forums and making personal attacks. I just so happen to read the forums.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

lol, I wonder if the MMORPG staff is laughing at all this. image

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

•  

I just love how you do that crap post and go on the attack and ban me. This is my point you guys make it so easy. Heres my email i got from the "MOD" team.  Heres a real brilliant idea How bout putting a poll if stradden is unbiased in the general forum or all three?  Or putting one anywhere in the firstplace? Go ahead and block this name to you guys sure like to say your view and abuse your mod powers. Now if you need this simplified even more ill do it since u have a such hard time understanding anything it seems even when the quoted post says it and the op wasnt u it was me lol. I do agree that i dont know if this email was from you or another mod but i find it funny i get challenged on emailing stradden but yet a get an no name mod email ? hmm

[email protected] wrote:

Dear dontchat

here,

You have been issued a warning by one of our moderators.

Warning Category: Virtual Trading
    Reason: Posting uninteligible rubbish in an attempt to attack staff is
    both silly and unproductive. Your not being banned, because you have to
    say something that makes enough sense for us to understand it to get
    banned. Perhaps if you concentrate your efforts you can muster the
    courage to send stradden an email at [email protected] and have whatever it
    is your trying to say out with him in person. Im sure he will be
    thrilled to hear from you.

Thank you,

The Staff
    MMORPG.COM

my response email

Whats the point i already have hes a fucking idiot who makes up problems that dont exist and tryes to solve them by making new rooms ive chatted with him all he says i dont want to get sued and then he takes sides on a suposed unbiased forum with pro nge crowd so why i should i try to argue with or talk with someone who is one sided ? Im not the only one who thinks this by the way yet you guys grandstand and double standard me and the vet crowd then go on about this is a fair forum? Why dont u go put a poll is this forum biased one way or another and if the poll is fair and unbiased which im not honestly sure it can be ill gladly call you or straden in person and personally apoligize and never post again. Prove me wrong and ill apoligize.

Originally posted by ParaTrooper

Righteo, that’s a bit confusing. Are you saying that thread was made by a mod? And by saying "that" mod multiple times while referring to different people it sounds like it was me who emailed you when it wasn't.

I've got a brilliant idea. Lets make a poll in the SWG Vet forum asking if they think the forums are unbiased... It doesn't take a genius to realize that’s a stupid idea. We all know everyone trys to stay away from that forum except for people such as yourself pretty much. How about making a poll in the General forum about that? Im pretty sure we'd get a much more accurate answer and I'd put money on it not being in your favor.

Edit: There was no report. You are trolling the forums and making personal attacks. I just so happen to read the forums.

Originally posted by dontchat2

I just love how you do that crap post and go on the attack and ban me. This is my point you guys make it so easy. Heres my email i got from the "MOD" team.  Heres a real brilliant idea How bout putting a poll if stradden is unbiased in the general forum or all three?  Or putting one anywhere in the firstplace? Go ahead and block this name to you guys sure like to say your view and abuse your mod powers. Now if you need this simplified even more ill do it since u have a such hard time understanding anything it seems even when the quoted post says it and the op wasnt u it was me lol. I do agree that i dont know if this email was from you or another mod but i find it funny i get challenged on emailing stradden but yet a get an no name mod email ? hmm

[email protected] wrote:
    Dear dontchat
    here,

Thank you,

The Staff
    MMORPG.COM

my response email
    Whats the point i already have hes a fucking idiot who makes up problems that dont exist and tryes to solve them by making new rooms ive chatted with him all he says i dont want to get sued and then he takes sides on a suposed unbiased forum with pro nge crowd so why i should i try to argue with or talk with someone who is one sided ? Im not the only one who thinks this by the way yet you guys grandstand and double standard me and the vet crowd then go on about this is a fair forum? Why dont u go put a poll is this forum biased one way or another and if the poll is fair and unbiased which im not honestly sure it can be ill gladly call you or straden in person and personally apoligize and never post again. Prove me wrong and ill apoligize.

Ok let me just point out a few facts firstly. That is an automated email which is sent out from our warning/ban system. The email you sent as a reply was never read by anyone nor will any emails to that address.

As for going on "the attack" and banning you, well what can I say? You broke the rules of conduct on multiple occasions. I should also point out that creating multiple accounts, especially to avoid temp bans will result in perma and IP bans.

Also as Im sure this is a subtle "attack" at me "Now if you need this simplified even more ill do it since u have a such hard time understanding anything". I think people can read your post and see why it was confusing. Also the other mod who did give you that warning seems to agree "Posting unintelligible rubbish" "because you have to say something that makes enough sense for us to understand it to get banned"

Quite frankly Im sick of all this talk of "double standards" and how we love the Pro-NGE crowd and so on. You are all the same to us except some of you who seem to be the most vocal these days (probably because everyone else is actually playing the game) feel the need to troll the forums and break the rules of conduct. I'm actually going to talk to Jon about the possibility of having a poll asking if people think MMORPG.com is biased or not just to prove you guys wrong.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by dontchat2

[email protected] wrote:
    Dear dontchat
    here,

Thank you,

The Staff
    MMORPG.COM

my response email

Here's a brilliant idea.  Get over it image  You've had what, two bans now? 

• ShadowLordsShadowLords Member Posts: 186

The OP needs to GO AWAY.

You are not constructive. Nor are you helping those of us that are antiNGE and still posting here.

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941

You are all the same to us except some of you who seem to be the most vocal these days (probably because everyone else is actually playing the game) feel the need to troll the forums and break the rules of conduct.

This is completely minor nitpicking but as one of the ex vets who used to post here on this part of the forum alot and now doesn't, the reason why has nothing to do with actuelly playing SWG.

Originally posted by ShadowLords

The OP needs to GO AWAY.
    You are not constructive. Nor are you helping those of us that are antiNGE and still posting here.

He needs to at least give it a rest, even if some threads shouldn't have been locked or his ban unwarrented it's just coming across like a personal vendetta at this stage.

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

You are all the same to us except some of you who seem to be the most vocal these days (probably because everyone else is actually playing the game) feel the need to troll the forums and break the rules of conduct. I'm actually going to talk to Jon about the possibility of having a poll asking if people think MMORPG.com is biased or not just to prove you guys wrong.

That joke is soooooooo '05 now...

Also, by "these days" do you mean the last 365+ days? image

I just started a poll to see if people think that your poll will ever happen image

Love, Sodapop

• TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117

I've got a brilliant idea. Lets make a poll in the SWG Vet forum asking if they think the forums are unbiased... It doesn't take a genius to realize that’s a stupid idea. We all know everyone trys to stay away from that forum except for people such as yourself pretty much.

now hang on, so anyone who uses the Vet Refuge is like the OP?

Would you please care to explain that statement a little further before you insult every user of the Vet forum?

Otherwise it would appear that while MMORPG.com isnt biased, you personally are, as a moderator you may want to clarify your position on this.

Originally posted by Tamalan

I've got a brilliant idea. Lets make a poll in the SWG Vet forum asking if they think the forums are unbiased... It doesn't take a genius to realize that’s a stupid idea. We all know everyone trys to stay away from that forum except for people such as yourself pretty much.

Would you please care to explain that statement a little further before you insult every user of the Vet forum?

Otherwise it would appear that while MMORPG.com isnt biased, you personally are, as a moderator you may want to clarify your position on this.

Only if you think you are. I simply meant someone who posts Anti-SOE/NGE/SWG. And I didn't say everyone was. The point was in a forum such as that you will get a very one sided vote.

Only if you think you are. I simply meant someone who posts Anti-SOE/NGE/SWG. And I didn't say everyone was. The point was in a forum such as that you will get a very one sided vote.

and why do you think that would be the case?

Im no fan of the NGE at all, but I personally dont think MMORPG.com is biased and would vote no. But it would appear by the above statement that you dislike the Vet forum and its users, is that the message you wish to put across?

Based on the threads and posts I read everyday. Nowhere in there have I said anything that suggests in my opinion I dislike the forums and people, it's the complete opposite. Perhaps you just want me to?

When you post a comment like "We all know everyone trys to stay away from that forum (SWG Vet refuge)except for people such as yourself pretty much" you have to understand why i am dubious of your personal standpoint. It seems to be quite an active forum for one that 'everyone stays away from'.

And no, I certainly dont want you to dislike the forums and its people, but with a comment like that it would be very understandable to think that you do.

Maybe you would like to retract that comment or expand on why 'everyone stays away from it' and why the people that do are all pretty much  like the OP of this thread. Its very insulting to those that do use this forum in a polite and constructive (albeit dejcted and annoyed at the loss of their game) manner.
  • KehnKehn Member Posts: 180

Let the mending begin. image

• ShiloFieldsShiloFields Member Posts: 252

You are all the same to us except some of you who seem to be the most vocal these days (probably because everyone else is actually playing the game) feel the need to troll the forums and break the rules of conduct. I'm actually going to talk to Jon about the possibility of having a poll asking if people think MMORPG.com is biased or not just to prove you guys wrong.

Hey paratrooper, I don't think you guys are biased on the whole, and really don't want to get in the middle of a dicussion about whether someone was trolling or not, but a comment like the one you just made above supports his position.  I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but your comment comes off as people that no longer play SWG but post here, are trolls or are at least more likely to be trolls.

SOE used that sort of logic to justify ingorning its players on the official forums and certainly is unlikely to endear you to anyone here. 

I humbly request that you edit your post to remove that comment.  Thanks.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

LOL

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    Well he did say it in black and white "People such as yourself, pretty much", that "pretty much" means us.
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

You've crossed a line here...

I HATE the NGE & SOE, but saying my posts are like the Op's or are unproductive is out of line. You represent MMORPG. We have EVERY right to be & post here, as stated by your boards OWN rules, to argue those points, and you saying otherwise is an insult to your users. This is the VET REFUGE, and a VAST majority of Vets agree with US.

Create a poll and see what happens, but until then, please stop insulting us.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411

Based on the threads and posts I read everyday. Nowhere in there have I said anything that suggests in my opinion I dislike the forums and people, it's the complete opposite. Perhaps you just want me to?

We are SWG refugees Paratrooper. I daresay no mmorpg-player has been treated as bad as we have. The activists such as myself are the ones who who help make games better for all. Pacifist should appreciate us not condemn us. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I don't think he's ever played the game.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625
    /sigh

When you are a moderator at a commercial forum, there's a procedure you should follow before posting any opinion whatsoever about the population at your forum.

1. Count 50.

2. Don't post it.

It's always a bad idea.  ALWAYS.  A moderator is there to enforce terms of conduct, not editorialize.  I understand the impulse to do it, but it's always regretted later.  You want to communicate a problem you've got with an individual poster, that's what PM's are for ... don't get into a flamewar with the people you're tasked with providing a service for.

Generalizing about 'people like you' or dropping historically inflammatory comments like 'everyone else is actually playing' ... counterproductive and indicative of some serious need for re-training.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Lol, now see this is where it's odd.

I dislike the NGE and the current staff of SWG....

I never have a issue with Strad... so Im kinda lost in this one.

I do consider myself pretty vocal and forward with the state of the game...so I have to say, just use some sense and I think all of us will be fine.

Look, there is not one monkey out there that does not know that the current state of the game is bad... crap, this is almost a joke if that is the issue.

But what people should be doing is getting this team fired, the game sunseted and a new one made by some people that know what they are doing.

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

Paratrooper..You're not doing so well in my preliminary polls...image

Of course, these exit polls have a tendency to be inaccurate.

Love, Sodapop