Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting SB what server to choose ?

RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
Hi people.
I am European player , wanting to start the game.

What is the best server to play on at the moment - community wise

Also I am bit of roleplayer , so is Lore server the best idea ? (or are they empty)

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

Comments

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    All the servers are gaining population lately.  I would suggest trying to find a guild.  If you level over 20 and dont have a guild, your be a sheep for the wolves.  This is a community based game, built around guilds.  Without a guild, your have a very rough time.

You can try the offical forums to see if anyone is recruting on the Enlistment forums, or look around these forums, TBH on the lore server Vindication takes in new players from time to time, if you have mmorpg and pvp experiance elsewhere.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• Suo_Eno_1357Suo_Eno_1357 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Granted that you've mentioned you're more into rp'ing. But if you're still unsure of any near or long term goals in SB, read this.

A good starting place for those who simply wants to mess around with any races,classes and professions. The gold and xp rates are higher than normal so you can put all that gold into skills and if anything sucks, reroll and experiment with other possibilities. Test out those builds' templates and whatever. And when you'll finally get the hang of things, you can move to Live servers if you want.
  • ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

Dont waste your time with Shadowbane.

* Very unbalanced pvp that leads to FOTM. If you try to make a character yourself you'll end up re-rolling.

* One sided economy, the guys that own the cities have all the money/items and access to the highest end items available for them to roll for themselves.

* Graphics that were outdated in late 99, early 2000.

* Noob unfriendly, good luck finding your way into a guild at level 20. You might get lucky and find one but odds are they wont be helpfull and just see you as another guy to buy off their vendors.

* Zerg nations , 1-2 large nations will tend to "control" entire servers. Lore server it is/was elves controled for example.

* low population , even if you stick it out the end game is mindnumbingly boring. The only action will come at mine fights during peak US hours and Occasional banes (fights over cities).

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Mourning has the highest population.

If you go to Mourning, check out Dragonscale. They are a good guild for new players

• stonebredstonebred Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Shazzel
    Dont waste your time with Shadowbane.
    * Very unbalanced pvp that leads to FOTM. If you try to make a character yourself you'll end up re-rolling.
    * One sided economy, the guys that own the cities have all the money/items and access to the highest end items available for them to roll for themselves.
    * Graphics that were outdated in late 99, early 2000.
    * Noob unfriendly, good luck finding your way into a guild at level 20. You might get lucky and find one but odds are they wont be helpfull and just see you as another guy to buy off their vendors.
    * Zerg nations , 1-2 large nations will tend to "control" entire servers. Lore server it is/was elves controled for example.
    * low population , even if you stick it out the end game is mindnumbingly boring. The only action will come at mine fights during peak US hours and Occasional banes (fights over cities).

Shazzel, I'm curious as to why you would go out of your way to read the Shadowbane forums just so that you can voice negative opinions about it? If you don't like the game... then why even bother with reading the forums on it? Seems like a waste of time to me. Enlighten me if you will.

Back to the original question... I've played on mourning for quite some time now and have found it to be a good community in general. And it isn't really that difficult to find a guild to join. The key here is to ask around and talk to people. You WILL find folks who are willing to help. Good luck!

~If you shoot at mimes, should you use a silencer?~

• bsaerensbsaerens Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Shazzel

* One sided economy, the guys that own the cities have all the money/items and access to the highest end items available for them to roll for themselves.
    Just like in the real world then ;)