Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official server posts declining - implies population #'s

Comments

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

I thought we had finally settled this debate ? Its a well established FACT that the population is way down. I thought we had even Obraik finaly admitting this.

What has happened is many remaining players have transferred over to a few servers. Thus a few servers like Chiliastria have seen some activity and everyone proclaims "hey its growing" which of course is ridiculous.

Second, before the NGE most players were still limited to one toon. Now they all get alts and again this gives the impression of more new faces around.

Finally, I took a peek recently on Eclipse (someone mentioned seeing 10 there in Eisely cantina). Yes there were about 8 people in there and a few did stop by. However, Eisely was the only place where people gathered so 10 is a pretty bad number. I went to every single cantina over two weekends looking for old friends. I saw 2 afk bots in Mustafar and absolutely ZERO players in any other cantina.

Smedley has even admitted the game has lost many players, although he states the rate of losses as slowed.

This all reminds me of AC2. Their game was dying and it was soooo very obvious to anyone unbiased. Yet the remaining community insisted on growth. They were convinced the last expansion would turn things around. Then the announcement comes that the game has indeed lost a ton of players and its getting shutdown.

SWG players are in denial if they think this game hasnt lost at least 50-75% of its community since the NGE. They dont want to admit theyve picked a failing game to play. 

Oh and by the way, the few people in the Eisely cantina were there for one thing...cybering each other. It was quite disgusting to see this is what the remaining players do in star wars. And this is the target market SOE apparently wanted to replace the former one image

• azgarthazgarth Member UncommonPosts: 188

Originally posted by JestorRodo

Well , the post and users rating are going down here as well. Its a wave effect.

What did anyone expect? There are other games out there, and this one is history for most previous players.

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216

Originally posted by MMO_Man
    Better stick to rlmmo they love you over there.

Im not understanding why you have a problem with RLMMO?

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by njdevi66

It's a defense mechanism. Things didn't go so well for him over there so chances are he won't be making use of the site. Notice his posts and the way the talks about himself and to others. If he admits there's something good about RLMMO, then he's lost something and that just won't do. He acts tough and thick-skinned but in reality he'd probably be overly hurt if he let himself realize something can get to him.

I'm sure he'll laugh at this assessment on the outside.

• MMO_ManMMO_Man Member Posts: 666

Originally posted by Vastar

It's a defense mechanism. Things didn't go so well for him over there so chances are he won't be making use of the site. Notice his posts and the way the talks about himself and to others. If he admits there's something good about RLMMO, then he's lost something and that just won't do. He acts tough and thick-skinned but in reality he'd probably be overly hurt if he let himself realize something can get to him.

You are correct, I am laughing. I really couldnt care less who likes me or dislikes me, sure I admit I get pissed off a little too easily, but they made it personal when I read a post calling me names for a post I made over here. Now they are sharing my personal info over there. They wil do the same to you if you get on their bad side.

I sleep with a pillow under my gun.

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

Originally posted by PreCU
    Gorath

#Posts...Date
    4100 .... Apr
    2900 .... Mar
    3200 .... Feb
    3700 .... Jan '06
    5150 .... Dec
    11650 .. Nov ........ ToOW - 11/1/05 & NGE - 11/15/05
    8900 .... Oct
    10450 .. Sep
    14100 .. Aug
    12800 .. Jul

I like this part the best, especially the red lines. You see posters wind down a little for the holidays, and the mention of the ToOW/NGE gangrape leads to a small spike in posts (most likely all the "WTF mate?" threads) followed by a 50% cut in one month, followed by a continued decline of all the subs that couldn't get out in time. Sure people are coming back, but the numbers in the OP show that it's still about the same amount of people as were around when the NGE took its first steps.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216

Originally posted by Vastar

You are correct, I am laughing. I really couldnt care less who likes me or dislikes me, sure I admit I get pissed off a little too easily, but they made it personal when I read a post calling me names for a post I made over here. Now they are sharing my personal info over there. They wil do the same to you if you get on their bad side.

I dont know man, i dont remember anyone ever talking bad about you or anything you have or had said over here. I was just wondering b.c i remember you had posted over there and then i saw this and just didnt understand why you would make the comments you did over here. I have found all of their members to be quite mature and never had  a problem with anyone of them or you. So hope to see you back over there... or here :)

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575

Yeah, this still only shows theres droped alot of players, since post droped to 50% from the month after NGE, i think that says it all.

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• AfroPuffAfroPuff Member Posts: 207

I pay no attention to any of these numbers.  I've been assured that the games bursting with as many players as ever - they're just all too busy questing to post on the forums.

/Sarcasm 

SWG Team Mtg.

I dont know man, i dont remember anyone ever talking bad about you or anything you have or had said over here. I was just wondering b.c i remember you had posted over there and then i saw this and just didnt understand why you would make the comments you did over here. I have found all of their members to be quite mature and never had  a problem with anyone of them or you. So hope to see you back over there... or here :)

Well I assure you I wont be back, but I'm getting really tired of fighting with these guys. They have told me my personal info hasn't been leaked but someone keeps sending hate emails to me. I guess with their elite google skills they are investegating me and have threatened to post things to make me look bad on da interweb. So they aren't sharing my info but if I don't stop talking bad about them they are going to post a bunch of "stuff" about me. They think they are the FBI or something.

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Well I assure you I wont be back, but I'm getting really tired of fighting with these guys. They have told me my personal info hasn't been leaked but someone keeps sending hate emails to me. I guess with their elite google skills they are investegating me and have threatened to post things to make me look bad on da interweb. So they aren't sharing my info but if I don't stop talking bad about them they are going to post a bunch of "stuff" about me. They think they are the FBI or something.

Here is a direct copy of my PM.  My only one sent to you.

You have no basis for the allegation here. Would you like me to quote your signature from over at rlmmo?

BuzzKill.... retired Master Rifleman/ Master CH
    "Chimaera Server"

Not too hard to figure out that you and BuZZKilgore are one and the same. I can go further if you really wish to discuss it, detailing how we discovered that the email address for BuZZKilgore matched yours at our site. It has nothing to do with sharing information from our end. A simple google search on Buzzkilgore brought up a listing of sites, a particular site that you have posted in will give out email addresses on others just for registering.

If you continue to post that we share information, I will have to make a post to defend ourselves. You will not come out looking good in such a case.

And your reply.

I have already recieved 3 hate emails from someone at rlmmo.co, so what do you expect me to think?
    I don't know what your investigation on google has come up with but I'm sure I'm not the only buzz kilgore in the world. Anyhow I consider it a direct threat from you and have saved a copy of all threatning emails and PMs. BTW I don't give a fuck how I "look" on the fucking internet. LMAO!

To clarify, there is another site that Buzzkilgore posted at.  When registered there, you can look at the email address of other members.  The email address for Buzzkilgore matches that used to register at our forum.  This can hardly be a coincidence.  Further, There was no discussion of your email to others.

Finally, my PM contained no threat.  I would not have even posted the exchange here, but you seem to want to make this public.

Wow this thread really went off topic huh.image

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    It's best not to argue to someone with a persecution complex that they aren't being persecuted. They'll never believe you and they'll see all the attention as proof.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• LeelLeel Member Posts: 455

I have to agree with Shayde here.

Everyone has moved on, and I wish you would as well. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

I'm done with this.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Wow this thread really went off topic huh.image

I dunno..kinda looks like every other thread in this forum..or it will whenever its locked.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    this isnt the place for this guys.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi
    this isnt the place for this guys.
    Actually, it was.

It was a response to accusations made about another board here. They are to be answered here. It is pathetic that it had to be done in the first place... since it really isn't in anyone's best interest to be discussing those subjects on another unrelated forum.

So while I apologize that such nastiness had to be witnessed on MMORPG.COM.. it wasn't started by anyone except MMO_Man/BuZZKilgore. While I can't apologize for his inappropriateness, I apologize that anyone had to witness the necessary defense of baseless accusations.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

Originally posted by tillamook
    I'm done with this.
    Beleive it or not, I agree.

edit: well I did agree until I just seen Shayde's post. I guess you couldn't resist getting in on the action huh? Are you going to start emailing me too?image

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by JestorRodo

Well , the post and users rating are going down here as well. Its a wave effect.

Nah thay're all over at rlmmo.com making up super secret info threads. image

shhh - they are shooting for their own IHOP breakfast.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

I'm done with this.

edit: well I did agree until I just seen Shayde's post. I guess you couldn't resist getting in on the action huh? Are you going to start emailing me too?image

No need. I think I've stated myself clearly.

There is no action... only baseless accusations inappropriately posted on this thread for no good reason but your own self gratification.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

Originally posted by Shayde
    I'm done with this.

There is no action... only baseless accusations inappropriately posted on this thread for no good reason but your own self gratification.

This comming from the guy who always has the "inside info" on SWG. Talk about calling the kettle black.
    Anyway I'm getting tired of arguing with you guys, you have your own forums now why do you still come here? Is it just to visit me?image

Originally posted by Shayde
    I'm done with this.

This comming from the guy who always has the "inside info" on SWG. Talk about calling the kettle black.

Survey says...

X
    Thanks for playing.

I'm done responding to baseless accusations from you. It's gone on far enough.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

Survey says...

X
    Thanks for playing.

I'm done responding to baseless accusations from you. It's gone on far enough.

It's about time.image

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by PreCU 
    It's another way of looking at population numbers with factual data.

Maybe, or maybe it's a completely useless waste of time used to further your opinion? Just a thought.image

This discussion has been closed.