Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth my time downloading?

jokerdhelljokerdhell Member Posts: 52

Ugh. I'm already in the middle of 2 closed betas. 9 Dragons and LOTRO.

Is this game worth my time?

Comments

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    If you are already in LOTRO I would say not really.   The game is okay but graphically it isn't anything to write home about.  It is point and click to move only.   It is cool that you get mounts at level 10 but that wears off pretty quick.  Right now it seems that all the mob spawns are so close together that people are always camping the mobs you want to kill.   Also it the quest are hard to follow.   Not saying it is a bad game, to me I doubt that I would buy the retail release but all in all if you are in a couple other betas I would skip it.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by jokerdhell
    Ugh. I'm already in the middle of 2 closed betas. 9 Dragons and LOTRO.

Is this game worth my time?

Received my e-mail today to try beta. I uninstalled after half an hour. My opinion: no.

What part did you dislike the most Zorvan?  I really dislike the mob camping.  It is crazy how close they group the mobs together.

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

Yep, the mob grouping is one. All of one type of mob in one little area. Then a different type of mob grouped in a neat little pile next to 'em.Kill one type of monster, easy as pie. Hit one in the next group, don't make a scratch and die. The controls are one of my biggest complaints. Why try to reinvent the one part of mmos that have been perfected? I don't use arrow keys for anything when I game::::07:: I hit the options button ingame and get "coming soon". So obviously, no changing of controls. I did like the music in the dragon area. However, the graphics remind me of N64. I don't know. If given time, might be fun just for kicks, but as a pay tp play, it just ain't gonna happen.

I agree. The controls stink.  The camera is SUPER slow to pan and a few zooming is even worse.   Actually the more I think about it now the more I am disliking the game and might uninstall it.   But I am sure there is no way I would pay the $30 just to buy the thing much less pay a monthly fee for it.   

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

Aren't these the guys doing The Chronicles of Spellborn? If so, I hope they don't screw it up like this. I'm actually looking forward to TCoS.

Oh I sure hope they aren't.  I don't think it is Persistant Worlds doing TCoS. I think the dev for it is called something like Spellborn Unlimited or something. 

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

Yeah, I probably have 'em mixed up. I know Persistant has another game on the way tho. Can't remember what it is.

9 dragons.

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by neuronomad
    9 dragons.

To be noted though I'm sure you already know, that's only the UK version. Acclaim is handling the North American release.

• BadKittieBadKittie Member Posts: 30
    and the 9 Dragons english version sucked bigtime.  the only thing i found good about 9 Dragons was it kept me from watching paint dry, other than that... 9 Dragons is also a waste of time and memory.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    image  I love horses, I was so excited when I heard you could customize your horse and your horse would level up with you and everything.  image  Why me?!

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

image  Ohhhh I downloaded this game tonight and I played it for an hour or so.  I sorta liked it, but I dont know why!

Well yes I know why, its because of the music and because of the graphics.  The graphics and music are very soft and remind me of Zelda OoT, especially because the horses all look like epona!  And I like horses; I was just wandering around looking at everyones horses for a while.  I didnt get to level 10 though so I never even got to try riding.

I probably would have played a LOT more if the camera angles and controls werent so bad.  Hell, I can live with click to move, but not being able to adjust camera angle with mouse is a huge huge huge problem.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.