Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

forum friendliness???

ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141

its come to my attention that i join this forum hoping to get some help and a friendly face, but that dont happen i go on other threads. i talk and then immediatly get attacked by forum members. if this is always like this then it seems to me mmorpg have relaxed the rules on and sort of picking on by members. i know full well that being on this site is a privilage, and not a right.

because i have been attacked, i have said stuff that i should not have, only because im acting in self-defense. every other forum i visit has a member welcome me in at the very least (by help or just hello).

so what, i might be whining but this has been bottled up since i joined this forum, and its about time i explained in a rational manner why the members here are not friendly (doesnt mean everyone). and why im having difficultly trying to talk to anyone without a communication break down eg. not being friendly, arrogance, ignorance etc. etc.

i understand that people have a right to what they do, but how friendly this place is? well it will drive someone to the point where they start swearing and get themselves banned because another person is playing 'teachers pet'. i am doing my best to control what i say without hitting any rules. im sure there are members out there that can relate to this and know what its like.

so, why is there no forum friendliness???

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Zuba
    (...)
    because i have been attacked, i have said stuff that i should not have, only because im acting in self-defense. every other forum i visit has a member welcome me in at the very least (by help or just hello).
    (...)

There is no such thing as "self-defense" in forum guidelines, if someone flames you it will be moderated. Do notice there is no such thing as flaming an opinion either.

Also opinions/arguments are supposed to be discussed, this is not a forum for advertising games (there are enough ads on the site already).

"Teachers pet" does not exist because all reporting and moderating of posts is anonymous. All games that have pvp get a certain kind of posters that are extrem (as you have noticed in the EVE-section).

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141
    thanks for more firepower. this is EXACTLY what i mean

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Tell ya what, Zuba. I think you really should reconsider being here. I have read all 15 of your posts and 80% at least involved getting upset because someone disagreed with you, or as the case here with JelloB2000 who was only explaining something to you, not flaming you. Personally, I don't know you and can only go by what I see of your posts here on these forums. I have very rarely said this to anyone on these forums, but I sincerely believe you will be happier someplace else. At least until you are mature enough to know the difference between flaming and constructive criticism. And I too am trying to stay within the rules of this site, because I respect MOST of the people here even when we don't agree on anything. But if you honestly think you have been flamed in any of the topics you've posted in, be glad you didn't come here before I decided to be nicer to people. Because I would have made you cry.

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141
    ha. right. so i ask for help and you tell me im too young and immature, great one!. jeeze that reeks. now answer my question. otherwise dont answer