Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EOF expansion amazing!

2»

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Quality over quantity they said, the amount of posts doesn't mean much.

However, for me, EQ2 is just another raiding game.  I know it is more oriented on the guild than the raid, I won't play any game that enforce raiding, MMO or not! image

EQ2 however is doing nicely among my friends, more of them play it.  The game is increasing in numbers from what I see here, although it isn't representative of anything, it is what I see; and this come from someone who won't play the game!

Now, sorry but I am going back to other games!  I am addicted to games in general, and MMOs are losing a lot of their appeal with their stubborness to be boringly geared toward raiding.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• holotoastholotoast Member Posts: 6

These new zones are really beautifull and as a new starting zone , you , at last, get new n00b quests to raise your char. The new quest line in Faydark is a quest line which you can follow (or not). Much less boring than the old low level quests in either Qeynos or Freeport. Besides a Fae is animated ,wings are always moving, I think it add a lot of 'life' to the display.
    Years have passed since the launch of EQ2 and it's original zones, you can definitely sense the graphical progresses in the new ones.
    New cloth/armor models would have been welcome.
    And with all these new zones from T1->7, it'll add a real new experience to have in game for leveling new or already mid-level chars.
    Besides, the new craft 'sub-jobs' are definitely adding a new dimension to the crafting and to the economic system.
    It should help keeping all those capped chars busy for a while :)
    And you can also have a brand new adventure with a new race. This add-on is definitely a two thumbs-up IMHO.

My 2cts.

'chuting from the very high trees with a fae feels really great :)

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Rattrap I would say go for it but start a new character that begins in Faydark, A fae, an elf, or a dwarf. The graphic and look of EQ2 has been changing in each expansion. I mentioned earlier I am a college art professor. This is my take on the graphic as compared to WoW. They are both great graphic but different styles. I would say WoW is like great cartoon art and EQ2 is like a great fine art masterpiece. Both good types of art but different and player react to them differently. I find EQ2 to be much better and really amazing if you have the system to max them. Some people are seduced by the colorful (but very static) look of WoW and they miss the amazing look of EQ2. EoF addressed a bit of that by making the world more colorful and dense. One thing I find great about EQ2 is the world seems more alive then WoW. All the trees and plants sway in the wind. The enviroments change depending on weather or time of day and they are different all the time not every sunset or storm has the same look. The creatures in EQ2 seem to move and act with more purpose then in WoW. I challenge people who say EQ2 graphic are flat to look with better eyes. I truely do not understand people who claim EQ2 looks dull. That is simply not true. It must be they are playing on lower end systems with graphic turned down.

I do agree that armor could use more work adding dyes to customize would help. However the armor detail itself is amazing. Your character seems to be wearing armor not just having graphics pasted to them as in WoW. Every chain in chainmail is detailed, again to really appreciate the look you do need a strong system. WoW is a better choice for players with lower end system. SOE has improved overall game and client performance it seems with each expansion. One thing I love is housing in EQ2. I have a big manor house and love decorating it with all the cool collectabls and player made items in game. This gives me a feeling of ownership that was lacking in WoW.

I am pushing EQ2 not because I want more people to play but I truely feel people who are not trying it are missing the best MMO out at the moment. EQ2 did not start out that way but over the last two years it has evolved into the best. I left EQ2 for almost a year to go to WoW ( I had a great time in WoW until lvl 60) but boy am I glad I returned. As far as a few comment that EQ2 is just another raid game that is also untrue. Sure there is raiding but at lvl 70 there are still many things to do. I am mostly a solo player and hardly ever raid. When I do raids are fun and not repetitive like WoW. One last thing, the maturity of the player base is better then in Wow. I recomend EQ2 over WoW to all you ancient players like myself. My guild is active, large, and filled with players mostly over 30 and a bunch well over 40. EoF added the needed polish to EQ2 and glorious that polish is!

• JoekabukeJoekabuke Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by eccoton
    Rattrap I would say go for it but start a new character that begins in Faydark, A fae, an elf, or a dwarf. The graphic and look of EQ2 has been changing in each expansion. I mentioned earlier I am a college art professor. This is my take on the graphic as compared to WoW. They are both great graphic but different styles. I would say WoW is like great cartoon art and EQ2 is like a great fine art masterpiece. Both good types of art but different and player react to them differently. I find EQ2 to be much better and really amazing if you have the system to max them. Some people are seduced by the colorful (but very static) look of WoW and they miss the amazing look of EQ2. EoF addressed a bit of that by making the world more colorful and dense. One thing I find great about EQ2 is the world seems more alive then WoW. All the trees and plants sway in the wind. The enviroments change depending on weather or time of day and they are different all the time not every sunset or storm has the same look. The creatures in EQ2 seem to move and act with more purpose then in WoW. I challenge people who say EQ2 graphic are flat to look with better eyes. I truely do not understand people who claim EQ2 looks dull. That is simply not true. It must be they are playing on lower end systems with graphic turned down. I do agree that armor could use more work adding dyes to customize would help. However the armor detail itself is amazing. Your character seems to be wearing armor not just having graphics pasted to them as in WoW. Every chain in chainmail is detailed, again to really appreciate the look you do need a strong system. WoW is a better choice for players with lower end system. SOE has improved overall game and client performance it seems with each expansion. One thing I love is housing in EQ2. I have a big manor house and love decorating it with all the cool collectabls and player made items in game. This gives me a feeling of ownership that was lacking in WoW. I am pushing EQ2 not because I want more people to play but I truely feel people who are not trying it are missing the best MMO out at the moment. EQ2 did not start out that way but over the last two years it has evolved into the best. I left EQ2 for almost a year to go to WoW ( I had a great time in WoW until lvl 60) but boy am I glad I returned. As far as a few comment that EQ2 is just another raid game that is also untrue. Sure there is raiding but at lvl 70 there are still many things to do. I am mostly a solo player and hardly ever raid. When I do raids are fun and not repetitive like WoW. One last thing, the maturity of the player base is better then in Wow. I recomend EQ2 over WoW to all you ancient players like myself. My guild is active, large, and filled with players mostly over 30 and a bunch well over 40. EoF added the needed polish to EQ2 and glorious that polish is!
    Here Here....well said. I agree with 100%. Just returned form WoW, two level 60 chars., and boy is EQ2 a sight for soar eyes. The new Expansion is what I have been waiting for and finally got. I'm in it for the long run.

• AkunaiAkunai Member Posts: 138
    I heard that the Fey can only be Q's, and can't betray to freeport?  Was just wondering if there was any truth to that.  As someone who played on a PvP server and loved it, that seems like a real deal breaker with how much it would unbalance things.
  • SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

That is correct. The Fae are good only and cannot betray.

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59
    Well they can't betray, YET.  The Betrayal quest for Faes will be added from what I understand.  Until it is they will have to be good.  Given that there are plenty of evil little fairies throughout many of the other zones (darkwings for example), I'm sure it is quite possible for a Faydark-born faery to turn evil and wouldn't upset the lore of the game if they did so.  The betrayal quest will be added in a future game update I am sure.
  • dburrisdburris Member Posts: 5

I am sure the new expansion is great. However, Sony forgot to make enough copies. Imagine people wanting to buy copies of their game. Didn't see that coming did theyimage?  Might have better luck finding a PS3.

Davidimage

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Originally posted by dburris
    I am sure the new expansion is great. However, Sony forgot to make enough copies. Imagine people wanting to buy copies of their game. Didn't see that coming did theyimage?  Might have better luck finding a PS3. Davidimage  
    Tell me about it! It took me all last week to find TWO copies of the game so my wife and I could both play!

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    You can get exapnsion at EB games in my little town they had a bunch. Also you can download it direct from SOE. The download version does not have the house item but everything else is the same. Like I said I live in a small town in NC and had no trouble getting a copy.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Originally posted by eccoton
    You can get exapnsion at EB games in my little town they had a bunch. Also you can download it direct from SOE. The download version does not have the house item but everything else is the same. Like I said I live in a small town in NC and had no trouble getting a copy.
    Locally, our EB only had 1 (which is all most people would need).  However, I didn't have the earlier expansions. The digital download was 34.99, would take a couple of hours to d/l,  and was EoF only. The retail version is 39.99, comes with a $10 gift card if you get it at Best Buy, has the core game and ALL previous expansions, and is 2 dvd's so the patching is minimal.

Best Buy here only had 1. EB only had 1. And that took me all week to get both!

• dburrisdburris Member Posts: 5

Well, in our little burg of Louisville, Kentucky (metro population of 1.2 million) there isn't a copy to be found. Not at EBGames, Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, and Wal Mart and all have multiple locations in the city. They are all out and don't know when they will get moreimage. I want the boxed version not the digital download version since I don't have the last expansion. 

David

• spiritglowspiritglow Member Posts: 171
    Wow, who would have thunk it, lol. I remember a few years ago the devs made some comments (pre-launch) about limiting solo play and I made the decision right then I'd not buy EQ2 and to this day I haven't. However since I've won one of the copies of the game I've been having a look at the EQ2 posts and I must say it looks like the game has come a long way since those days and I'm now anxiously awaiting the delivery of the game. Maybe it takes a year or two for a mmorpg to become a good mmorpg or fail.

Spiritglow

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    I've heard a lot of people claim the new expansion is amazing, but they give no reasons why.

• FugnudzFugnudz Member Posts: 480

Originally posted by brostyn
    I've heard a lot of people claim the new expansion is amazing, but they give no reasons why.

Yep, that's the EQ2 crowd for you.  They'll defend every flaw in the game until the end, then when they have praise, it's just praise, but not backed by reasons.

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

Originally posted by Fugnudz

Yep, that's the EQ2 crowd for you.  They'll defend every flaw in the game until the end, then when they have praise, it's just praise, but not backed by reasons.

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

then of course you got the people like you that come in and say, "EQII sux."  and were supposed to just shake our heads and say, "duh, yeah, thats right."  welcome to a conversation.

edit:  btw, youre in the EQII forum, wouldnt it stand to reason that the people that spend the most time in this forum would be the people that enjoy the game.  maybe im way off on that one, not sure.  maybe as a EQII player i should go into the Ryzom forums and post.  oO wait, i remember why i dont do that.  because i dont play Ryzom, i would have almost nothing to contribute.  ironic, that you would hear "EOF is amazing", in a EQII forum, eh?  maybe we should be writing that in the Shadowbane forum.  kk, you heard Fugnudz, lets all go to the Planetside forums and post how much we love EQII.  make much sense to you, Fug?  us either.  now unless you have something constructive to add, go away.  sick of the BS that people spill in this forum for no other reason than to start shyt.

• FugnudzFugnudz Member Posts: 480

Originally posted by PlanoMM

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

then of course you got the people like you that come in and say, "EQII sux."  and were supposed to just shake our heads and say, "duh, yeah, thats right."  welcome to a conversation.

edit:  btw, youre in the EQII forum, wouldnt it stand to reason that the people that spend the most time in this forum would be the people that enjoy the game.  maybe im way off on that one, not sure.  maybe as a EQII player i should go into the Ryzom forums and post.  oO wait, i remember why i dont do that.  because i dont play Ryzom, i would have almost nothing to contribute.  ironic, that you would hear "EOF is amazing", in a EQII forum, eh?  maybe we should be writing that in the Shadowbane forum.  kk, you heard Fugnudz, lets all go to the Planetside forums and post how much we love EQII.  make much sense to you, Fug?  us either.  now unless you have something constructive to add, go away.  sick of the BS that people spill in this forum for no other reason than to start shyt.

Maybe I have played a good portion of these games and know what I'm talking about.  I certainly see you skulking about in lots of forums.

By the way, you proved my point in my previous post.

• spiritglowspiritglow Member Posts: 171

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

I hope their posts are accurate but if not in the end I will not have paid for the game since I won a draw for it in the EQ2 contest.

Spiritglow

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

Maybe I have played a good portion of these games and know what I'm talking about.  I certainly see you skulking about in lots of forums.

lol, maybe you do, maybe you dont.  idk, idc.  all i know is that you came in here and insulted anyone and everyone that ever says that EOF is good.  and that just proves me point.  and yes i do go to several different forums, dont see why that is relavent.  you dont see me insulting everyone that supports the games in their own forums.  thats your department apparently.  like i said, why shouldnt people defend a game that they like?  what is wrong with that?  youre allowed to come in and bash the game, shouldnt we be able to defend it?  or is it only wrong when someone else does it?

• HelldogHelldog Member Posts: 169

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

lol, maybe you do, maybe you dont.  idk, idc.  all i know is that you came in here and insulted anyone and everyone that ever says that EOF is good.  and that just proves me point.  and yes i do go to several different forums, dont see why that is relavent.  you dont see me insulting everyone that supports the games in their own forums.  thats your department apparently.  like i said, why shouldnt people defend a game that they like?  what is wrong with that?  youre allowed to come in and bash the game, shouldnt we be able to defend it?  or is it only wrong when someone else does it?

Take comfort in knowing that the only reason he is here is because he doesn't have any mmorpg game to enjoy...

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

Hmm, you want reasons, heres some.

- New Race

-New Starting City

-Worship your chosen deity to recieve favors and blessings to enhance abilities

-Two new secondary tradeskills, transmuting and tinkering

-The boat rides are back!!!

-Customize your character with new Sub-Class specific Achievement Trees 

-New armor sets and cusomizable cloaks

-Guild level cap raised to 60

-Original EQ locations for that nostalgic feel

-More quests, new heritage quests, signature quests and collection quests.

-And more importantly MORE CONTENT FOR ALL LEVELS.

Thats just off the top of my head.

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

What I like about the new expansion:

Being a a cute little fairy that can jump from trees and glide to the ground safely.

Being a fury that can make portals to druid rings that makes travel for myself and my friends quick and easy.

Having new Achievement points for my level 70 characters to reach for.

Taking scenic boatrides from the docks.

Having new places to go and explore.

Enjoying the beautiful and colorful artwork of the new zones.

Having fun with guild friends as we go to kill vampires and werewolves, or work on all-new quests.

Riding a horse at top speed through Lower Faydark.

Getting that eerie feeling that something is stalking you in Mistmoor catacombs.

Ok that's enough reasons for now.

I'm going to let you flame away now while I go have fun playing the game.

/bye  image

Originally posted by Xandrya

EQ2 players.  Pfffttt.

What I like about the new expansion:

Being a a cute little fairy that can jump from trees and glide to the ground safely.

Being a fury that can make portals to druid rings that makes travel for myself and my friends quick and easy.

Having new Achievement points for my level 70 characters to reach for.

Taking scenic boatrides from the docks.

Having new places to go and explore.

Enjoying the beautiful and colorful artwork of the new zones.

Having fun with guild friends as we go to kill vampires and werewolves, or work on all-new quests.

Riding a horse at top speed through Lower Faydark.

Getting that eerie feeling that something is stalking you in Mistmoor catacombs.

Ok that's enough reasons for now.

I'm going to let you flame away now while I go have fun playing the game.

/bye  image

yeah, well.......those reasons are stupid and youre dumb for playing that stupid game, and.........you like being a fairy cause, cause, cause thats what you......uh.......wanna be in real life.  so, ha........

and you know what else?  EQII sux and thats all there is to it.  neener, neener, neener.

^typical response from the trolls, i just figured id beat them to it.