Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happens after you hit 20?

Hello.  I just bought Factions and Prophecies, and am leveling up a character in each.  I think I like Factions more, but the jury is still out. 

I'm just wondering if there are quests or missions to work on once you hit 20, or does the rest of the game revolve around pvp?

"Did you see us fight?"

"No"

"Trap!"

Comments

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

You'll probably finish less than 5% of the missions/quests when you hit level 20.  There are going to be a toonnn more missions and quests for you to do after you hit 20, the bulk of the storyarc content is all level 20, and theres even more other stuff.

PvP aside, heres some stuff I have fun doing... Or at least I plan to do someday!

~ work for titles, there are various titles you can achieve by doing different things in game.  this ranges from capturing all the game skills to drinking so much that you earn a title of 'drunkard'.

~ elite skill capturing... Theres over a hundred elite skills to capture, and the more you capture the more versitile your character will be.  Learn all the secondary professions for your character, and get some of that professions elite skills to help you make new powerful unique builds

~ item hunting...  Although items arent necessarily better than eachother, some look a lot cooler, some are known to be harder to get, and its important if you want your character to be versitile that you have a wide range of weapons at your disposal

~ Challenge missions, factions and nightfall have a bunch of challenge missions that you can complete over and over.  Completion is a matter of degree, not kind, which means some people can beat the missions better than others.  A record is shown of the people who beat the mission the fastest, and you can be legend if you make a group superior to others and take over the records logs.

~ Running/map exploration/helping newbies/learning the games lore, go back to old places and help other people or explore areas you missed, learn to run past enemies and help other players by running them past hard areas, talk to NPCs you missed and learn the lore behind the game

~ get involved outside the game, contribute to a fansite or to guildwiki, record videos and post them on youtube, post on forums to discuss strategy, do all that other fun stuff outside of the game!

~ armor hunting...  There are a lot of different armors, some much more expensive than others...  The best armors show your seniority in the game

~ become a merchant, buy for cheap, sell for lots, there are a lot of people who want to get rid of their crap or dont know how much thier items are worth, buy their stuff for really cheap, then sell other stuff to them for very high prices.  If you end up with two much gold, buy koss some 15k armor, give the gold to a newbie, or find some other revenues to get rid of the gold image

~ Make your heroes as good as you, because youre going to have like 10 of them per character, and they all need weapons and armor and pets!  Hehe, I went and got a black moa bird for all my heroes, and now when I do missions with 3 heroes I make all of us secondary ranger and bring my black moa squad, very fun.

~ Make a guild image Help your guildies rock as much as you

~ And if you did all that stuff, then you might want to think of taking a shower, because you have probably been playing since prophecies release without moving from your chair, and you smell image

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• dertomokdertomok Member Posts: 79
    Level 20 is only the start . There is some area that you could enter only level 20 like UW ( Underworld ) FoW ( Fissure of Woe ) Tomb ( Tomb or Primeval Kings ) . When you reach level 20 you can start too do these things : 1. Collect or get prestige armor or FoW armor ( FoW armor one of the most expensive item in the game ascribable as prestige armor but it cost hundredfold more ) , ( prestige armor looks much nicier than common skin armor , costs a lot , too get it , you must farm in UW or FoW or find other way too earn a lot of monay ) 2. Collect or get perfect nice skin wepons (the most expensive item is Crystalline Swords , if it is perfect it is the most expensive item in whole game , too get it you must farm about one year , 2-4 hours a day ) ( or you could buy clear skin wepon with max damge and 15^50 than put upgrades that you want too make it , costs a lot , too get it you must farm in UW or FoW or find other way too earn a lot of money ) 3. Collect or get miniatures ( miniatures is smaller version of monster or NPC , there is miniatures who costs very little and there is miniatures who are one of the most expensive items in game like miniature Kanaxai- worth like Eight FoW armors , to get it you must farm about one year , 2-4 hours a day ) . 4. Complete all missions ( if you have completed them , complete them for master reward if you are in NightFall or Factions and if you are in Prophecies complete bonus mission , when you done it you should get Protector title , and when you complete the last mission of the game you can do missions in Hard Mode , when you complete all mission in Hard Mode you get Defender title , Hard Mode is very hard , it is for expert players ) 5. Collect titles ( there is 25 titles witch you can get , if you want to see them go to http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page or http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page sites ) If you want too see how much you are left too do read this : When you reach level 20 you have + - 132456 XP if i remember , and there is title ( Legendary Survior ) who need too collect 1,337,500 XP too get it with no death ! ( This is hard one title ^^ ) 6. Help other players ^^ . 7. Create your own guild or join guild . When you are in the guild you can do Guild versus Guild , Alliance Battles ( If your guild is faction;'s ) or just make farming guild or funny , friendly guild ^^ . 8. Do PvP . Capture elite or normal skills to create good PvP build and fight with other too get Balthazar faction or Luxon/Kurkiz faction ( Balthazar faction unlocks items on PvP mode characters and Luxon/Kurkiz Faction raises your guild faction , how more faction guild has , that beter outposts or citys it can control )ild and fight with other too get Balthazar faction or Luxon/Kurkiz faction ( Balthazar faction unlocks items on PvP mode characters and Luxon/Kurkiz Faction raises your guild faction , how more faction guild has , that beter outposts or citys it can control ) 9. Do Competitive Missions , Challenge Missions , Elite Missions . Also you cando Hero battles too earn fame for your account . Is it enough ?I know more , much more what to do when you reach level 20 ^^ . Have fun with GW Faction campings ^^ . These is the thing you can do , but I recommend don't make the level uping as your primary purpose , the main purpose for you should be intresting and fun game ...

First you must give , only than you can take .