Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Q about L2

SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094
I hear this is one of the best pvp games but its infested with bots? Well my question is why is it that players cant kill the bots? I understand that L2 is open PVP and doesnt that mean that a player can attack any play at any time and that should never violate the ROC because its a pvp based game? Is it true that botters can get a player banned for killin a "akf" botter?  I wont play a game ruined with bots but if its allowed to kill a farmer then I would join just for that to grief the game ruiners.

{(RIP)} SWG

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    LOL, players banned for pking?! FALSE

People do kill bots, but some of the bots are not worth it (those that do RMT) since they just come back up and start again.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094

Originally posted by Greatness
    LOL, players banned for pking?! FALSE

People do kill bots, but some of the bots are not worth it (those that do RMT) since they just come back up and start again.

Thats cool then cause I am the type of person that would have a fun time just stopping bots and maby even start an anti-bot guild where we just sweep areas and kill bots over and over til its no longer profitable for them to operate and they have to shut down shop. It kinda sounds like a crazy idea but if bots is the beef then why not have a KOS policy for all bots by the players that play to enjor and PVP?

Is there a new server where I would have a decent chace to compete in cause I am going to try the trial and hopefully sub a few months to see the games aspects.

{(RIP)} SWG

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Killing botters is a bad idea, because of Lineage II PvP rules. It is an open PvP system, but there are rules to prevent griefers. Unfortunetly, those rules protect botters aswell. You see, in Lineage II, if you attack someone that doesn't attack you back, you will be flagged as a murderer. Murderers can be killed by anyone without gaining a penalty. Murderers who are killed have an increased chance of dropping an item. Items you get in Lineage II are very hard to get, because they are expensive and money is a huge grind to get, not to mention levels are a huge grind.

Botters are there to stay I am afraid and that is one of the huge reasons I quit. Believe me when I tell you that Anit-botter guilds have been created and have failed because of the rules that indirectly protect them. You are better off finding another game. But I would suggest trying the trial as you have already said. It wouldn't hurt. Just be sure to take you trial character in the 20's, so you can get an idea of what the rest of the world off the newbie zone is like.

Good luck.

• thunderbolt1thunderbolt1 Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by nthnaoun

Killing botters is a bad idea, because of Lineage II PvP rules. It is an open PvP system, but there are rules to prevent griefers. Unfortunetly, those rules protect botters aswell. You see, in Lineage II, if you attack someone that doesn't attack you back, you will be flagged as a murderer. Murderers can be killed by anyone without gaining a penalty. Murderers who are killed have an increased chance of dropping an item. Items you get in Lineage II are very hard to get, because they are expensive and money is a huge grind to get, not to mention levels are a huge grind.
    Botters are there to stay I am afraid and that is one of the huge reasons I quit. Believe me when I tell you that Anit-botter guilds have been created and have failed because of the rules that indirectly protect them. You are better off finding another game. But I would suggest trying the trial as you have already said. It wouldn't hurt. Just be sure to take you trial character in the 20's, so you can get an idea of what the rest of the world off the newbie zone is like.
    Good luck.

Killing bots is a good idea. You train them, easy as that. Where did you get your info from??? Everyone who plays L2 knows that.