Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Revelations Screens & Fanfest Photos

Today we bring you a double dose of EVE goodness. First, we have fourteen images of the Revelations graphics upgrade (DX9, not Vista). These images show off new ships, some screenshots and a side-by-side image. We also have a piece of concept art of their "walking in stations" concept.

Finally, we also have a huge photogallery from the event itself that you can access by clicking the banner below.

Revelations (DX9) Screen
Revelations (DX9) Screen
Revelations (DX9) Screen

You can check out the images here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    New screenshots are absolutely amazing.  The Celestis was what I and most people I played with considered one of the ugliest ships, and if the new designs make it look like that, then the other ships are going to be amazing.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    OMG I wasn't too sure of the hyperion based on the concept art but
    seeing the final product that is one SEXY beast of a ship. God I can't
    wait till the DX9 upgrades are in the game, even the celestis looks
    much better.

I must go stare at that hyperion pic till it's time to leave work.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    What about avatars? did your article say they showed them?

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth
    What about avatars? did your article say they showed them?
    They showed a couple renders and some animation examples using placeholder, but nothing they released to the public (and sadly, my camera is not cooperating).

You can read more about them in Article #2.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243

Current renders of the proposed avatar system.

http://pic.eve-online.com/ambulation/realtimeChar.jpg

Discussion of the walking in stations concept here:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=401

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Even the Iteron slug looks decent--nice work by the EVE team.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• Pk4UPk4U Member Posts: 127

Crap, now I have to change my pants.

• majkimajkmajkimajk Member Posts: 12
    They started banning people at Blizzard for using Wine to run WoW, and seeing this new content coming to EvE makes me soooooo glad I made the switch. image
  • msvaughanmsvaughan Member Posts: 3

The screenies are incredible....  nice work CCP

• FergRedbeardFergRedbeard Member Posts: 69
    graphics seem pretty amazing....I may have to give Eve a try now! image
  • checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by jakin
    Current renders of the proposed avatar system. http://pic.eve-online.com/ambulation/realtimeChar.jpg Discussion of the walking in stations concept here: http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=401
    Well that's definitely the greatest Avatar in an MMO that I"ve ever seen.  It's amazing.  Now that's how you're supposed to do normal mapping.  Doesn't look plastic at all.

(EDIT: The skin doesn't look plastic at all, however I think the clothes could stand to look more "clothy" unless they're supposed to look like patent leather :p)

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Fantastic, love how the new engine still retains the look and style of Eve. I especially like the Walking In Stations Concept image, it's really gonna open up alot when that's finally introduced.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

aye ccp hope like that will get more woman players on eve atm only 5% are woman

BestSigEver :P

• OutKasterOutKaster Member Posts: 8
    Looks so awsome =)
    Is this related to the new Kali expansion?
    and does the old ships will be replaced by that cool models? or thats the T3 model?

• RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196

Nice! I don't currently play the game but I have in the past. Adding avatars into the game and being able to walk around and meet people in the Stations would definitely bring me back to the game.

This game has a lot of potential and would have me quickly back in the fold with avatars and hopes for future ability to walk around in your ship.

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Originally posted by OutKaster
    Looks so awsome =)
    Is this related to the new Kali expansion?
    and does the old ships will be replaced by that cool models? or thats the T3 model?

What you see is the new DirectX9 based GFX engine and those ships are Tech 1 ships basically all shipstationplanetasteroid models are getting upgraded.

And its part of Kali.

Originally posted by Redmow

Nice! I don't currently play the game but I have in the past. Adding avatars into the game and being able to walk around and meet people in the Stations would definitely bring me back to the game.

This game has a lot of potential and would have me quickly back in the fold with avatars and hopes for future ability to walk around in your ship.

Yes walking in stations is being developed for 2007 [Kali expansion 3 ]

• medecaumedecau Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by LordSlater

Nice! I don't currently play the game but I have in the past. Adding avatars into the game and being able to walk around and meet people in the Stations would definitely bring me back to the game. This game has a lot of potential and would have me quickly back in the fold with avatars and hopes for future ability to walk around in your ship.

Err, it doesnt seem so. Please read http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=401 where they state:

[...]As the project has just started within the company[...]

and since Kali/Revelations was suposed to be released in spring 2006, then phase 1 pushed to September and now seems only to be release in 28/11/2006. I really doubt it will come within Kali/Revelations. Also it has never been referenced has a feature to be added in Kali.

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

They've stated that Kali will be deployed in three parts, Revelations 1, 2, and 3. Revelations 1 is due on November 28, 2006, but I don't know the dates for the other 2. Obviously, these graphical updates are not part of 1.

Originally posted by medecau

Originally posted by LordSlater

Nice! I don't currently play the game but I have in the past. Adding avatars into the game and being able to walk around and meet people in the Stations would definitely bring me back to the game. This game has a lot of potential and would have me quickly back in the fold with avatars and hopes for future ability to walk around in your ship.

Err, it doesnt seem so. Please read http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=401 where they state:

[...]As the project has just started within the company[...]

and since Kali/Revelations was suposed to be released in spring 2006, then phase 1 pushed to September and now seems only to be release in 28/11/2006. I really doubt it will come within Kali/Revelations. Also it has never been referenced has a feature to be added in Kali.

That is Kali ONE.

kali is in THREE parts Walking in stations is most likely comming in KALI THREE.

• medecaumedecau Member Posts: 5
    lordslater i am aware of how revelations is set to be deployd, but i am only sayng that that post of yours was the first time i've heard about the "walking in stations" feature being released in Kali.

Its speacilly suspect that they will do so within Revelations since it is in such an early stage and they want it to be something so well done with procedural programing and all the buzz words.

kali1 was set to have ships, contracts, the new systems, etc. along with some nerfing :P
    kali2 was most to deploy factional warfare
    and kali3 was for the graphics.

but hey its my opnion that they wont deploy it in Revelations, it might end up being one of the revelatons :P

• SumISDSumISD Member Posts: 2

Kali 1 - New Ships, UI, Map blah blah etc
    Kali 2 - Factional warfare
    Kali 3 - Fixes to 1 & 2 ( as announced by Nathan during his speech/show/pre-drunk presentation )

The "walking in station" is concept as of now and if you relate the merger between WhiteWolf and CCP and the plan to make a MMO based on WhiteWolf's IP then you can figure out yourself that the "terrestrial engine" might/could be implemented for EVE-ONLINE in stations ( oh the possibilities ... the possibilities ) and any other MMO that comes out based on WhiteWolf's IP.

SumISD

Note: IP = Intellectual Property

• SumISDSumISD Member Posts: 2

Nice! I don't currently play the game but I have in the past. Adding avatars into the game and being able to walk around and meet people in the Stations would definitely bring me back to the game.    This game has a lot of potential and would have me quickly back in the fold with avatars and hopes for future ability to walk around in your ship.

Walking around "on ships" is a different can o worms.

The stations would be populated by other players whilst a ship would be 1 pilot ( player ) and 60K crew ( battleship e.g. ) so not much to interact with apart the AI.

SumISD