Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE ONLINE IS AN RMT GAME ENDORSED BY CCP DONT LET THEM TELL YOU OTHERWISE!

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by Ranma13

Originally posted by DannieBoy
    ...when the simple truth is it DOES happen and CCP actually endorse it...

The definition of endorse is to approve, support, or sustain. Nowhere did CCP say they approve, support, nor are actively sustaining the selling of timecards for isk. Thus, your entire argument has no merit behind it.

CCP do support GTC for isk, they say it right in their own offical forums, you are so very wrong.

Links to CCP endorsing timecodes for isk, and even enforcing it.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=252421 - CCP - if you like it or not, gametime cards for isk is endorsed by us.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=393700 - Offical GTC for isk rules created by CCP.

No, CCP dont approve of it do they? /SARCASM.

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

You are wrong Bigdave, Gametime cards sold for isk is exactly the same as ebay rmting. Where do you think the isk comes from that players are using to pay for their accounts? They had to farm it. Where did the Gametime code come from? It was purchased for real money.
    It's exactly the same as ebay farming, isk is traded for real money, the only difference is, ccp are getting the profit. Players are encouraged to farm isk and players are encouraged to spend out real money to buy their way through EVE now that CCP have allowed it.
    The entire GTC system allows a person to trade both ways, you can either trade isk for money, or money for isk, the isk buyers are getting what they want, isk bought without fear of being banned. The isk sellers are getting want they want, they can sell their isk by purchasing Gametime codes with isk and then re-selling the codes for real money, without fear of being banned.
    This can go in cycles, Player A spends 1.7 bill isk on 5 timecodes, he then sells those timecodes on ebay at a reduced rate, Mr iskbuyer then buys these timecodes on ebay for $150  and sells them for isk all over again, Player A buys them of him yet again for another 1.7 billion isk. What has happend here? Isk/Real money is being traded over and over in a cycle. The timecodes themselves may never even get used, they may even be fake codes, but as long as they keep getting traded between people with an exchange of isk and real life money, who would ever know? The prime fact here is that it's a new form of ebaying isk and CCP endorse it.

Shoo troll!!!

Go back to WoW image

• netboyznetboyz Member Posts: 46
    Honestly though... why do you care and why are you crying about it?

• Originally posted by netboyz

Because I have played EVE almost since it came out and if i had known EVE would turn into such an RMT game i would never have bothered playing it in the first place. I used to think CCP were the best MMORPG devs around, but now i think they suck. I wish i never wasted my time with EVE, now i'm just waiting for a certain something better to come along.

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Originally posted by netboyz

Because I have played EVE almost since it came out and if i had known EVE would turn into such an RMT game i would never have bothered playing it in the first place. I used to think CCP were the best MMORPG devs around, but now i think they suck. I wish i never wasted my time with EVE, now i'm just waiting for a certain something better to come along.

Still doesant answer his question. Why are you whining here if you are waiting for another game to come along.

• I am not whining about anything, I am just letting people know what they are getting themselves into if they choose to play EVE, its a full on RMT game, game currency is being traded for real money right on the offical game forums and CCP endorse it.

Most people who start playing EVE these days have no idea that this even goes on, because ccp does not have anything offical wrote anywhere about it, the only place they have it offical is on the sell order forums, and most new players dont go straight there.

CCP try to hide the fact that EVE is RMT, they even said in the interview that they would never add any RMT system to EVE, but this is exactly what they have done, and they are lying about it because they know it will scare new players away if they find out about it. CCP want players addicted before they find out about it, so it's covered up to all but the already addicted players.

• XXenXXen Member Posts: 88

I am not whining about anything, I am just letting people know what they are getting themselves into if they choose to play EVE, its a full on RMT game, game currency is being traded for real money right on the offical game forums and CCP endorse it. Most people who start playing EVE these days have no idea that this even goes on, because ccp does not have anything offical wrote anywhere about it, the only place they have it offical is on the sell order forums, and most new players dont go straight there. CCP try to hide the fact that EVE is RMT, they even said in the interview that they would never add any RMT system to EVE, but this is exactly what they have done, and they are lying about it because they know it will scare new players away if they find out about it. CCP want players addicted before they find out about it, so it's covered up to all but the already addicted players.
        Its still not full RMT, as there isnt any new Money generated for it.
        Yes, the big allainces get there ISK thorugh that, yes player get their subscription through that,
        but not it hasnt a big impact on economy, as the Amount of generated productions elements stay the same.

And on the other hand is the gain of advantage through ISK very small as you still use and lose a lot of gear,
        that need to be replaced.

So its there, but it isnt really hurting anyone and it isnt that extreme like you would like to show it.

• arfritzarfritz Member Posts: 14
    I have absoultly no issue with this.  I havent paid real money to play Eve in months, and this is supporitng 2 accounts.  Making money is easy if you're willing to spend a little extra time doing so. If you dont do it you should really give it a shot. The extra 160 bucks a year while not a ton of cash, is still pretty nice stash come holiday season, or use it to buy yourself something nice.
  • Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

Personally, I don't see why anyone should believe someone who just created an account to make this post. If you had more clout, then it'd be different, but right now all I see is the ranting of an anti-fanboy.

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141

i love eve online i played the 30 day trial thanks to a friend. its great game, but the prices reek big time, what i mean is this eve online is a huge money making scheme and i for one wont have that, there not getting rich off me. i assume thats what that person wrote about ccp all i can say is its happend and that wont change unfortunatly, usually game moderators and administrators wont change a thing until there satified with the wads of cash they got... or until the game gets out of date, either way! we are all stuck with this so i dont think anymore of it.

as for new players, its a bit harsh on new players to join any games that require mothly and full game pay ups, no one can encounter what games are out there, and what there like. hence they buy a game like eve find out its not for them only to spend 80 odd quid(referring back to money making scheme). as a new player to eve myself and out of experience its a barren landscape and the only access to water is via money...

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by Zuba

ts great game, but the prices reek big time, what i mean is this eve online is a huge money making scheme and i for one wont have that, there not getting rich off me.

No, they've always been like that. They are made to be like that. EVE has a grind just like any other MMO, but in EVE it's money not XP.

as for new players, its a bit harsh on new players to join any games that require mothly and full game pay ups, no one can encounter what games are out there, and what there like. hence they buy a game like eve find out its not for them only to spend 80 odd quid(referring back to money making scheme). as a new player to eve myself and out of experience its a barren landscape and the only access to water is via money...

Dude, if you pay 80 pounds for a 3yr old game you're just a dumb ass. LoL.

Not to mention there are EVE Free Trials everywhere. Most ppl look for free trials before they buy any MMO. That... and they don't even Sell EVE in stores anymore. Also...... $19.95 is no where near 80 pounds. It's $19.95 to make an account with the first 30days included. So to make an account it's $4.

I don't know about you, but I'm swallowing the last $8 I spent as I type this.
    Ahhhh......... Now to drink part of that $8.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884

i love eve online i played the 30 day trial thanks to a friend. its great game, but the prices reek big time, what i mean is this eve online is a huge money making scheme and i for one wont have that, there not getting rich off me. i assume thats what that person wrote about ccp all i can say is its happend and that wont change unfortunatly, usually game moderators and administrators wont change a thing until there satified with the wads of cash they got... or until the game gets out of date, either way! we are all stuck with this so i dont think anymore of it.

It's called making a living. The price for EVE is £8.99 per month, that's a lot less than a night out in town (and is the same price as most other MMOs)! There's the free trial (which you claim to have played, even though there's no 30 day buddy program (it's 14 days)), and then there's the fact that you don't have to pay for the game with real money, you can earn in-game money (ISK) and purchase Time Cards from people that are selling them on the Forums.

A month should be long enough to know whether you like a game or not, that's just £8.99 (and i'm not even including the 14 day FREE trial) and not £80... how the fuck did you even come up with that number?

If you knew anything about... well anything, you'd know that bandwidth isn't free, you'd know that hiring some server monkey to maintain and look after the servers isn't free, you'd know that endless lines of coding requires a lot of peoples time and effort, and that's never free... i could go on and on about the fees they have to pay to get this game running, but something tells me you'll never be satisfied and still think people are out to get you.

-iCeh

i belive what snakey wrote was a revenge attack, snakey try again it didnt work.

im just saying its a money making scheme, by the time they are finished with eve online, they would of launched eve 2 more money making(the same way the advertising buissness works, they advertise trainers and make a fat wallet then do another shoe with some modifications and make more wads of cash), i guess no one is interested in this my comments.

well when you want a comment off me thats true just ask imagei also have alot of useless facts.

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

This is an old, old , old idea, i remeber earth and beyond had this going on between players, it was never implemented by the devs it just kind of happened, i played free for like 6 months as the economy we the players had ingame set the price for a gmt for 30million credits, which wasnt hard top make if you had a rare item you could make and sell for 9 mill creds a pop, also you could sell yer referral code for 50 mill creds, I was always pro for this idea, because at that time i did not have enuff money to play every month and that really helped me out being able to buy gtc for credits.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by iCeh

It's called making a living. The price for EVE is £8.99 per month, that's a lot less than a night out in town (and is the same price as most other MMOs)! There's the free trial (which you claim to have played, even though there's no 30 day buddy program (it's 14 days)), and then there's the fact that you don't have to pay for the game with real money, you can earn in-game money (ISK) and purchase Time Cards from people that are selling them on the Forums.

A month should be long enough to know whether you like a game or not, that's just £8.99 (and i'm not even including the 14 day FREE trial) and not £80... how the fuck did you even come up with that number?

If you knew anything about... well anything, you'd know that bandwidth isn't free, you'd know that hiring some server monkey to maintain and look after the servers isn't free, you'd know that endless lines of coding requires a lot of peoples time and effort, and that's never free... i could go on and on about the fees they have to pay to get this game running, but something tells me you'll never be satisfied and still think people are out to get you.

So to add onto what you're saying, In response to Zuba.  If CCP is so interested in getting rich and EVE is just one giant marketing scheme, why oh why would they deliver every single expansion for FREE?  I mean look at almost every other single game out there.  They all charge for expansion packs, whereas EVE expansion packs are absolutely FREE. 

Interesting how they're giving away money practically, but they're sooo interested in Making Money.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

another person blinded by the graphics, no point trying to talk to, next.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

another person blinded by the graphics, no point trying to talk to, next.
    Sounds like someone's argument just got shot down.

yes yours. next.