Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EOF expansion amazing!

eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
This latest expansion make EQ2 the best MMORGP out at the moment without question. I can not tell you how impressed I am. Dispite the 4 hour patch today (well worth the wait) EOF is simply amazing. If you have not tried EQ2 or listend to the negative reviews do not hesitate to try EQ2 now you will not be disappointed. I gave Saga of Ryzom a better review then EQ. However EOF change that! 

Comments

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Good to hear,

However i dont trust people with only 3 posts image

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

I'm sure its a great expansion with new 1-70 content and that pretty Fae race. However, they simply retextured the hideous armor models. When I buy a new expansion I want all the content to be 100% new.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Rattrap

Good to hear,

Then trust me, i have a few more than 3 posts.
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Tutu2

I'm sure its a great expansion with new 1-70 content and that pretty Fae race. However, they simply retextured the hideous armor models. When I buy a new expansion I want all the content to be 100% new.

No, theres new textures.  Do your homework or play it to find out.
  • eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    lol you do not trust someone with only 3 posts. I may have only 3 post but check my reviews on games. People comment on my reviews on the fact I am not bias.  I must say that is the most ignorant comment (note I said your comment is ignorant not you) I have read. What does the amount of post on this forum have to do with me stating my opinion. I have been coming to this site for years but I only post when something is really impressive. I do not waste time with rants or flames. However, you are right why trust a 46 year old gamer who is objective and been heavily involved in mmos for years. Games played and not just for a day but played for at least 2 month to 6 years. EQ, EQ2, SWG, WoW, Saga of Ryzom, Eve, CoH, CoV, Silkroads, Flyff, DaoC, Lineage 2, Sims Online, GW, D&D online, Puzzle Pirates, Matrix online, Ultima Online, FF XII, Horizons, Asheron's Call, and not to mention dozens of betas. I am a college art professor and MMORPGs outside of my art and teaching are my life and hobby. I do not make comments lightly I am no fanboy. Don't trust me avoid EQ2 and miss an amazing experience. your 5 star status does not impress me either.
  • CorbredusCorbredus Member Posts: 6

Exactly, some of us who hardly ever/never post still have valid opinions, you see... we are too buisy actually playing the games to be in these (or any other) forums, racking up the post counts for no other reason than to be able to shoot someone else down because thier post count is not high enough to meet up to your elitist standards. Shame on you Rattrap.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by eccoton
    lol you do not trust someone with only 3 posts. I may have only 3 post but check my reviews on games. People comment on my reviews on the fact I am not bias.  I must say that is the most ignorant comment (note I said your comment is ignorant not you) I have read. What does the amount of post on this forum have to do with me stating my opinion. I have been coming to this site for years but I only post when something is really impressive. I do not waste time with rants or flames. However, you are right why trust a 46 year old gamer who is objective and been heavily involved in mmos for years. Games played and not just for a day but played for at least 2 month to 6 years. EQ, EQ2, SWG, WoW, Saga of Ryzom, Eve, CoH, CoV, Silkroads, Flyff, DaoC, Lineage 2, Sims Online, GW, D&D online, Puzzle Pirates, Matrix online, Ultima Online, FF XII, Horizons, Asheron's Call, and not to mention dozens of betas. I am a college art professor and MMORPGs outside of my art and teaching are my life and hobby. I do not make comments lightly I am no fanboy. Don't trust me avoid EQ2 and miss an amazing experience. your 5 star status does not impress me either.

Try to understand, Ratty isn't saying your not qualified for give your oppinion or that he doesn't trust you, he's just saying that he doesn't know you, it's not a personal attack, it's more an obvious statement.

He's also a boy, which means he's an incensitive dip sometimes (although pretty rarely with Ratty), I've been on the other end with him too and he's not being nasty, just honest. Which is why we still love him image

Oh and just for the record, getting all high and mighty and listing off every MMO you've played isn't going to impress any of us, as quite a few of us have done the same.

Now play nice everyone or I'm going to have to bring the whoopings out! image

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Good to hear,

3 good posts is better than 3253 useless ones

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• JoekabukeJoekabuke Member Posts: 191
    Awaiting anxiously my copy. am I.  Glad to hear this.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Shae I did not take Ratty's comments as a personel attack. I was also not trying to impress anyone with my list of games. I was not attacking him  just his comment. I was trying to point out not everyone who finds a game really great is a fanboy (and could be trusted) and that my years of experience in mmos is as valid as 1000 posts. Without listing those games you would not know my experience. I made the comment about his 5 stars as sarcasim to reflect his comment about trust based on numbers of posts. Both silly comments.

I started this thread to let people know how great EoF has made EQ2. Also I realize many still have a very bad feeling about SOE mainly due to SWG (and a few others). I was one of them and I am glad I left WoW (and I loved WoW) to go back to EQ2. Don't rely on old reviews or angry players, EoF negates those old views. MMORPG.com needs to re-review EQ2, it is a different game since their last review. Try EQ2 with Eof and you will most likely agree that EQ2 is fantastic and has evolved into one of the best mmos ever. In fact the changes are so well done I am not so interested in Vanguard. I want to experience all that EQ2 has to offer now.  Also you can buy EoF for about 40 buck that includes the original game and all the expansions so it is a great value and easy to try for yourself without breaking the bank. Start a character on mistmoore server contact Ecco my main or Bimby my alt and I would be happy to take you on a tour.

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

First off on the post thing ................. i dont base my trust on post count persae.  Realize we live in a world of marketing and there are plenty of people who are paid to just go around to give thier " honest " reviews of thier sponsors product.  Really the people i avoid the most are the ones with a large number of post that basically spit off one liners or dribble that is meaningless to the conversation.

As far as EoF goes, i dont know if it is good or not yet ......... i have not purchased it yet do too work.  I have read the eq2 forums to find the raiders are in a real tiff over it so maybe sony listened and gave more content variety to the more casual gamers.  Till i buy it i will not know, and will probally take a while to play the new expansion before i know how good it is.  Taking a new expansion, loading it up, playing a few hours and saying omg this is the best game ever ............... thats where you lost credibility ................ an MMORPG takes more time then that to decide if its good or not.

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

Hear, hear!  I totally agree.  I liked EQ2 before, I LOVE it now!  I was concerened that there wouldn't be much for my already capped level 70 characters to do in EoF.  I found out last night that there is still plenty for them to do as well as my brand new pretty fae, and my midlevel alts.  This expansion is artistically and mechanically well done in every respect I've seen so far...absolutely gorgeous and fun! 

And for all the people who have been saying "bring back the boats rides"  which I have seen many times on the official forums, the short boat ride that gets you into the expansion from other zones is quite nice, not too long, but just long enough to give you the feel of a real boat trip. 

Ok back to Greater Faydark, I go.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, congrats to all you lucky EoF contest winners!

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

Try to understand, some people dont really know what to trust.  whether or not someone has 3 or 3k posts really doesnt mean any more than the fact that that person spends alot of time in the forums.  it doesnt make their opinion count for more or less.  so for this to even be brought up was kinda stupid, in and of itself.  and there is nothing wrong with listing the different games that youve been apart of.  if some one cant trust you based on your "post count" (god, thats stupid), then maybe theyll trust you alittle more if they know youve been playing these types of games for a while.  its not being high and mighty, its just stating your qualifacations for giving a review or posting your opinion (not that he actually had to prove himself to MOST of us).  in any case, just clearing this up for you guys cause im pretty sure that the OP isnt going to be bothered to get drawn into this.  i on the other hand will image.  and most of you know me well enough to know that.  you also know that im not an abrasive person, so take this for what its worth and for what its meant as.  Dont take this offensively, just take it.

and you only lose credibility to those people who want to make it an issue.  just know that MOST of us on this forum dont share the "credibility" complex that a few have spewed forth on here.

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Good to hear, However i dont trust people with only 3 posts image
    Oh yeah? Silly. Ever think some folks have been playing MMO's since MUD's and just post here now and then or maybe just started to post? Everyone has a voice here. This persons opinion is just as valid as someone with 7,000+ posts. Try being friendly sometime. You might make some new friends. image

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• SSFANSSFAN Member Posts: 43

I'm dying to play EoF but since I can't get the box at least a week from now, I'll just have to wait image

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    By the way the OP is right, regardless of how many posts he has.  The expansion is excellent.  The new zones (so far I've seen the new newbie area, Greater Faydark, Kelethin and Butcherblock) are very, very well done, especially Faydark.  The game now has a thoroughly enchanting newb area, which IMO wasn't really the case before.  IMO, this is a superb expansion in terms of content, and well worth looking at for anyone who has looked into EQ2 in the past.  

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

If post counts meant anything, Id be the most reliable poster on the boards... and we all know how that stacks up in reality image

Focus on the topic folx image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

Originally posted by Flem

Originally posted by Tutu2

No, theres new textures.  Do your homework or play it to find out.

You didn't read my post properly. They *retextured* the old armor models. New textures, same old crappy armor models.
  • SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I trust all of you completely.  Except for the bloke who spelled phlegm wrong!  :p

I installed and patched the new expansion, went in and made a character
    but that's it so far.  The wings are pretty and I have bug
    eyes! 

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by Nikoz78

Good to hear, However i dont trust people with only 3 posts image
    Oh yeah? Silly. Ever think some folks have been playing MMO's since MUD's and just post here now and then or maybe just started to post? Everyone has a voice here. This persons opinion is just as valid as someone with 7,000+ posts. Try being friendly sometime. You might make some new friends. image

Please I beg you, get rid of the alienware image in your sig, for the sake of all gamers. It never was or is high performance, the only way to get that is to build it yourself. ::::02:: Plus now dell owns it, pile of shit!

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • BoojumBoojum Member Posts: 16

I never post here.  In fact, I never post anywhere anymore.  I was here checking out what people think of EQ2 since I need a new game, or an old one to return to.  I just wanted to see how the game was progressing and if it was worth returning too.

I don't know if I will give it another shot yet or not.  But YOUR post Scaramoosh was great.

Of course I always wonder how other people miss the great posts...  Perhaps they look for everyone else to write like they do, and subtle self-deprecating humor escapes them?

lol, that is funny, i hadnt even noticed that.  good one, Scaramoosh

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    I agree 100%, this expansion is excellent!

They reallt did an outstanding job.

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Originally posted by eccoton

Respect to you. image

It is just that mmorpg.com is full of fake advertisement fanbois that create accounts just to hype that game that they just purchased.

Check the forums , and you will see what i am talking about.

So dont blame me for being incilined to trust active members of mmorpg.com community .

With that out of the way.

I am in quite of a clinch if to buy EOF or not. I belive it is one hell of the sweet deal.
    I played EQ2 few months ago. I loved the game but hated the bland graphic look of the areas (and some performance issues, but they are scalable)

I am wondering did EOF got that hugely needed graphic boost.

Also , second concern of mine is Vanguard. I know i will be playing it. So i am not sure if there is any point of starting a new character in EQ2 now...

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

thats a good question Rattrap, and honestly the only answer is, is it too long to wait for Vanguard?  and only you would know that answer.  i unfortunately cant wait for Vanguard, so i play this game till it comes out.  and i honestly cant really tell whether the graphics have been enhanced significantly.  i do know that they have been changed somewhat though, i run ProfitUI and i had to update the UI because it wouldnt run with the new changes, so they did change somethings.  but whether or not they are better, im not sure.  i would prolly suggest(and i know that im going to get reemed for even suggesting this) that you wait for the Vanguard to come out if you know that you will be playing it.  but thats just me.  seems kinda pointless to buy a game that you already know will not hold your attention past a new game that is only a few short months away.  but if you do decide to buy EOF, enjoy your stay in Norrath and hope to see you ingame sometime.